Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page
9/26/2026 4:40:50 PM EDT
I think I need to do mine more often.


Attached File


Attached File
"You have been banned for the following reason:
For being such an idiot - find some 'good people' to hang with, moron" Dr. Jizzjar
9/26/2026 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh yea, it gets done long before it can get like that.
9/26/2026 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By mrmissem:
Uh yea, it gets done long before it can get like that.
View Quote

There's belly button lint everywhere
"You have been banned for the following reason:
For being such an idiot - find some 'good people' to hang with, moron" Dr. Jizzjar
9/26/2026 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet Jesus, dude. That looks like a failure waiting to happen.

I just cleaned my Echelon last night after about a year and a half. It still had oil on it and was fairly clean after my last range session but I started carrying it today and wanted to re-clean and oil.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9/26/2026 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn…you might want to clean yourself and your clothes while you are at it.
Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country.
~John Adams
9/26/2026 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Not often enough, but mine doesn't look that bad.
I am not an AFT agent.
9/26/2026 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, it's not like your life, or a loved one's life may depend on it or anything. Carry on.
9/26/2026 5:07:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Northcountry06][Edited] [#7]
I would have run a few mags through that weapon before I cleaned it, just to see if it remained functional with all that debris.
9/26/2026 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Not that long, I went about 3-4 months and had some light primer strikes at the range and that scared me straight
9/26/2026 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#9]
“I don’t want to ‘stand in solidarity’ with the other side… I want to defeat the godless ideology that… murdered Charlie Kirk.”
9/26/2026 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks good to me, OP. As long as you're just carrying it around there shouldn't be a problem
9/26/2026 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I would've atleast tried to shoot it first. Just to see if it would've even worked with all that crap in there had you needed it.
9/26/2026 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#12]


Did you just unload your vacuum cleaner on your EDC? That is the only logical way I can see it would look like that!
9/26/2026 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy shit.

Mine gets cleaned generally every week but I also shoot it every week.
Tax this dick. - Ben Franklin (probably)

SPC James 'Jimmy' Waters - D Co 1-32 3BCT 10th Mountain, KIA Sartak AFG 2011

SGT Shawn M Farrell II - A Co 1-32 3BCT 10th Mountain, KIA Nejrab AFG 2014
9/26/2026 5:18:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack_Dempsey][Edited] [#14]
In this thread, we have learned the following about OP:
1- He never discharges his “EDC”
2- He never cleans his “EDC” (obviously)
3- He lives in squalor and/or his holster is the space between cushions of a frat flop house couch
4- Holy shit that’s disgusting
“I don’t want to ‘stand in solidarity’ with the other side… I want to defeat the godless ideology that… murdered Charlie Kirk.”
9/26/2026 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Jesus Christ

You know how some people freak out about fingerprints left on the empty brass?   If you shoot a dude, they'd be able to ID you from all the dead skin you deposited in the target.  

Fuck.  
Arfcom Callsign: Meth

Never tell a bride, with dogshit on her dress, to "chillax"
9/26/2026 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Every Sunday so once a week and damm dude I don't know what to say about yours.
9/26/2026 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#17]
No way you practice with that.

I clean mine after every time I shoot it. About once a month, at least a couple magazines.
I've met cats and dogs smarter than Cory and Trevor.
9/26/2026 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#18]
"You can't tourniquet a taint, folks." - Andrew Branca
9/26/2026 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#19]
After every shoot.

I occasionally run a rag through the bore to clear out any dust.

But it would never get that dirty because I shoot it.
9/26/2026 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Northcountry06:
I would have run a few mags through that weapon before I cleaned it, just to see if it remained functional with all that debris.
View Quote

Right? If not. Then it was all for nothing
9/26/2026 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#21]
More curious if it would even run like that.
9/26/2026 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Chris
11M 84-87
Dare to be different - Arrogance Diminishes Wisdom
Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.
The answer to 2024's leftist problem is 1973.
9/26/2026 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Bigtwin:


Did you just unload your vacuum cleaner on your EDC? That is the only logical way I can see it would look like that!
View Quote


It's probably a couple years of digging in the dirt working in the yard worth
"You have been banned for the following reason:
For being such an idiot - find some 'good people' to hang with, moron" Dr. Jizzjar
9/26/2026 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
View Quote

Ha!!! That’s perfect!
9/26/2026 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Now do your dryer vent.
9/26/2026 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Saw a guy at the dept range qualifying with a G27 (investigations Captain) that looked like Op's gun. Ran fine.  I'm not even a fan of Glocks and I wouldn't try that with anything other than a Glock.

I wipe down the outside once a week est.  About once a month I wipe the internals off and re-oil.
9/26/2026 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Every few months.

Had to completely strip and clean out my p365 last week.
Had a little accident with a quart of primer that ended up mostly down my shirt, into my pants, into my gun, all down the front of me.
9/26/2026 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#28]
You’re gonna leave a lot of DNA wherever you fire that thing
Life member of CRPA. FPC contributor.
9/26/2026 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Squirt a little bit of oil on it & it'll be alright
9/26/2026 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmmm, I don't keep mine buried in the back yard.

Couple drops of CLP and it will be fine, though.
Proudly posting without reading the article since 1999.
9/26/2026 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Leon82:


It's probably a couple years of digging in the dirt working in the yard worth
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Leon82:
Originally Posted By Bigtwin:


Did you just unload your vacuum cleaner on your EDC? That is the only logical way I can see it would look like that!


It's probably a couple years of digging in the dirt working in the yard worth


So you haven’t fired your edc in a couple of years?
9/26/2026 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Cajun_Redneck:


So you haven’t fired your edc in a couple of years?
View Quote


No
"You have been banned for the following reason:
For being such an idiot - find some 'good people' to hang with, moron" Dr. Jizzjar
9/26/2026 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#33]
My pocket LCP that I carry in running shorts and that gets covered in sweat, almost never. That’s why there’s no finish left on it, unless you count the rust.

My 43X, yearly maybe when I’m mostly shooting unsuppressed. Every 1,000+ rounds worth of suppressed shooting. Whichever comes first.
Not everyone gets to be an astronaut, the world needs pole dancers too. ~Observer
9/26/2026 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I had no idea I would answer OP's question this way, but after seeing the pics, I have to be honest and answer, "more often than OP."

That is pretty damn impressive!

9/26/2026 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:
I would've atleast tried to shoot it first. Just to see if it would've even worked with all that crap in there had you needed it.
View Quote

Yesterday 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#36]
once per week, and after every range session. I go to the range at least once every two weeks, so it gets cleaned and inspected a lot.
RAT PACK REJECTS #3531
Yesterday 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Who was President the last time you cleaned it?
Yesterday 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Ex Infantry, every time it gets fired.
The opinion displayed here is that of the poster only, and in no way reflects the official stance of his employer.
Yesterday 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#39]
About every other range trip so around once a month.

It's a Glock.
Yesterday 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#40]
After every range trip or every 6 months if not fired.
Yesterday 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Long before it needs it.  I check/adjust the optic illumination level before I put it on and after I take it off.  If it looks like it needs cleaned then I clean it.  That's my concealed carry pistol.  My open carry pistol (only carried around my small property/garage, etc.) gets cleaned once or twice a month due to how dusty/dirty it gets while I'm working on stuff.  Or the times I get rain soaked.  Getting wet is another reason to field strip it, dry it off/out and lube it up while the holster, magazines, pouches dry out over night.
How you live your life is important. Just be sure the memory of how you died doesn't overshadow the tales of how you lived your life.
Yesterday 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#42]
EDC has to work every time. Cleaned each time I shoot, given a bonus once over every six months or so whether it needs it or not.
Yesterday 7:45:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6][Edited] [#43]
How often do you clean your EDC?
View Quote

Dude, if your EDC carry looks like that, I think you have bigger issues than a dirty handgun

I would love to hear the story behind this one...

I only clean my EDC after shooting to be honest. But then again, I shoot it at least monthly when I get range opportunities to do some training.

ROCK6
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson
Yesterday 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Did you clean it right before you started here in 08 and never touch it again? WTF man
Yesterday 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#45]
RIP
Yesterday 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#46]
you might want to clean your clothes more often if you are full of all that dust
Yesterday 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Jack_Dempsey:
In this thread, we have learned the following about OP:
1- He never discharges his “EDC”
2- He never cleans his “EDC” (obviously)
3- He lives in squalor and/or his holster is the space between cushions of a frat house couch
4- Holy shit that’s disgusting
View Quote


Our frat house's door mat was cleaner than that freaken thing.
Yesterday 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Just to think OP you've been carrying around a useless hunk of metal for nothing, unless you used it to pistol whip someone.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - They deserve a place of honor with all that is good.
George Washington
Yesterday 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Leon82:


It's probably a couple years of digging in the dirt working in the yard worth
View Quote
Guns are tools, but I would suggest switching to a shovel. It will be more effective.
Get both is the answer.
Yesterday 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#50]
I have lots of guns. EDC guns get shot yearly after cleaning. It’s training clone gets cleaned when needed.
Life member of CRPA. FPC contributor.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page