Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2020 10:16:27 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend an accurate video series and or books for the history of our Constitution? This is for a 16 YO plus me. I feel like an ass leaning towards video but I know both my son and I absorb better from visual. I was well into my 20's before I enjoyed reading but that was stuff like Steven king.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wmagrush] [#1]
I have an app on my phone called United States Constitution, the icon is the Constitution. Goes thru the document itself, how it came about, amendments that didn’t make it, and the history of each signatory to the document. Includes all the previous documents that influenced its writing, a searchable data base, and an FAQ section. A free app from the google store. The developer is Ken Hunt.

Also check at the Hillsdale college website. They list a free 10 week video course called Constitution 101. Look at their catalog of courses. Any of their courses should be able to be certified in your school district for credit towards your son’s portfolio.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, found the app I'll check that and the school course tonight.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Hillsdale College has at least come of their stuff on YouTube as well, I know I've seen it pop up. Can't vouch for it, though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
Hillsdale College has at least come of their stuff on YouTube as well, I know I've seen it pop up. Can't vouch for it, though.
View Quote

Thanks, just discovered they have the Constitution 101 classes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top