Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2021 12:15:41 PM EDT
Well I never thought: 1.) This would be an ARFCOM forum (glad it is); 2.) I'd care enough about grooming to ask; 3.) I'd be 35 years old.

Question 1: I have very sensitive skin. I mean if the barber uses a no guard (a zero) or a 0.5, the skin around the front and back of my neck is red and irritated for the better part of a day -- I've pretty much given up being "clean shaven" ... if I have to, I'll use an electric razor the night before. I have pretty oily skin naturally, so I don't often use lotion on my face except in the summer when I know I'll be outside. Also, my skin tone is fairly dark for being white -- southern Germany, so some of the "olive" from the Roman's enslaving my ancestors (see what I did?). To dry to address this, I've had barbers use straight razors, used various shave cream from the "big box" stores, tried the three-blade razors, and of course the one-blade disposable ones. Afterward, I usually rinse with cold-lukewarm water and have tried alcohol-based aftershaves and Neutrogena post-shave lotions (all to no avail). Any suggestions? I should mention that I am in Iraq, the Kurdistan Region actually (civilian), so access to "high end" shaving products is rare; although, you never know what you'll find at some of the bigger stores.

Question 2: I prefer the 2-3 day stubble look, but my hair color is a very light brown, so being able to see 1-2 days of growth isn't easy. I don't really want to go down the route of coloring my facial hair ... Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top