Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page
9/26/2026 5:50:49 PM EDT
Now that FRT’s are gaining popularity some companies are charging $100+ for these things

Anyway if you’re looking for one I found them at Kaw Valley Precision for $49.95
Do you see me, Toecutter?
9/26/2026 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]

9/26/2026 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It has nothing to do with FRTs and everything to do with the price of tungsten.
9/26/2026 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I took some advice from here and bought a three pack of tungston weights off of Amazon and made my own because they are so damn expensive.
9/26/2026 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
9/26/2026 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 797hp:
Now that FRT's are gaining popularity some companies are charging $100+ for these things

Anyway if you're looking for one I found them at Kaw Valley Precision for $49.95
View Quote
Be careful, at that price it may be a fake steel H3 that is made from steel and doesn't have the needed reciprocating mass.

Tromix has a special steel design where the whole back end moves. They're $40 and work great on FRT's.
9/26/2026 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
9/26/2026 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
It looks like Slash has them for $60

Kaw Valley says their buffers have brass weights
Do you see me, Toecutter?
9/26/2026 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 797hp:
It looks like Slash has them for $60

Kaw Valley says their buffers have brass weights
View Quote

Quit being a cheapskate. Pry open that wallet and pay for the good ones.

Or support companies like Tromix who is one of our own here making specialty and tunable ones.

Or get fakes and get ripped off. It’s not about mass. It’s about the reciprocal mass TonyRumor nailed it.
Esstac’s Retarded Social Media Influencer
9/26/2026 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Yah, the Kaw Valley has a stainless body and brass weights.  The stainless body makes up the difference of the 5.4 oz weight.  So there isn’t as much reciprocating mass.
9/26/2026 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Get a Tromix H3.  Very effective and not near as expensive as some ive seen.
I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me and say "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
9/26/2026 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I did, just ordered four of the Tromix buffers
Do you see me, Toecutter?
9/26/2026 6:27:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH][Edited] [#12]
Spike T3 from Rural King
Life member of CRPA. FPC contributor.
9/26/2026 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 797hp:
I did, just ordered four of the Tromix buffers
View Quote
You won't regret it.  
9/26/2026 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 797hp:
It looks like Slash has them for $60

Kaw Valley says their buffers have brass weights
View Quote
Brass is trash for FRT's. Got to have tungsten or a different design.
9/26/2026 6:42:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DS11M][Edited] [#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:
I took some advice from here and bought a three pack of tungston weights off of Amazon and made my own because they are so damn expensive.
View Quote

What kind of Tungsten weights did you buy? How heave did you make it? Link?
Here, hold my beer....watch this..
9/26/2026 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#16]
10 pack of Tromix makes them $35 a piece.

Combat armory has a similar one. $99 with a super safety, take20 for 20% off.

Or run a rifle length in a a2 stock
9/26/2026 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Spike T3 from Rural King
View Quote


Spikes doesn’t have solid weights.
Preferred Pronoun: Space Lord Mutherfucker
9/26/2026 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:


Spikes doesn't have solid weights.
View Quote
The T3 does.
9/26/2026 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By DS11M:

What kind of Tungsten weights did you buy? How heave did you make it? Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By DS11M:
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:
I took some advice from here and bought a three pack of tungston weights off of Amazon and made my own because they are so damn expensive.

What kind of Tungsten weights did you buy? How heave did you make it? Link?



https://a.co/d/0bY6d1Ee

These are the ones I bought.  I think they were cheaper in 2025 though.
9/26/2026 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:


Spikes doesn’t have solid weights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Spike T3 from Rural King


Spikes doesn’t have solid weights.


The T3 does
Life member of CRPA. FPC contributor.
9/26/2026 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Just get a tromix FRT buffer, this makes tungsten for heavy buffers obsolete.

https://tromix.com/product/ar-15-h3-buffer-carbine/

https://datummachine.com/product/tromix-ar-15-h3-heavy/



9/26/2026 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Do hydraulic buffers work?
9/26/2026 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I am going to just wait for depleted uranium to become available.
9/26/2026 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#24]
If buffer prices are too expensive, you cant afford to shoot much with a FRT.
9/26/2026 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By lokifox:
Do hydraulic buffers work?
View Quote
I've had good success with them.

9/26/2026 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By lokifox:
Do hydraulic buffers work?
View Quote


This.  I would think so, but haven't tried.
9/26/2026 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
If buffer prices are too expensive, you cant afford to shoot much with a FRT.
View Quote


This. A tungsten t3 buffer is still cheaper than a dinner at a restaurant.
9/26/2026 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#28]
KAK has a dead blow bolt carrier that allows you to use standard buffer. The BCG has a sliding weight acting like a dead blow hammer reducing bolt bounce.

https://kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/bolt-carrier-group/dbc-bcg/
9/26/2026 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I got a kak dbc bolt carrier and ran the carbine buffer and it works perfect on my atruis. I still need one more but I’m going to try the tromix next
9/26/2026 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm glad I got all my buffers bought when they were cheaper. I only have one receiver left to assemble and it's getting an A5 setup that I ordered with a T3 buffer, that way it should run an FRT if I choose or I can swap the extra tungsten weight out and keep it for a spare.
9/26/2026 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 50cal:
Get a Tromix H3.  Very effective and not near as expensive as some ive seen.
View Quote


This, plus Tony is a member here.
I ain’t in no ways tired of winning yet!
9/26/2026 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By memsu:
KAK has a dead blow bolt carrier that allows you to use standard buffer. The BCG has a sliding weight acting like a dead blow hammer reducing bolt bounce.

https://kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/bolt-carrier-group/dbc-bcg/
View Quote

Or buy the steel insert and download and print the jig to drill it

https://kakindustry.com/dbc-carrier-insert-steel-black-oxide/

I’d just end up buying the carrier.
Esstac’s Retarded Social Media Influencer
9/26/2026 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Both the Griffin SOB and Tromix buffers are way cheap than $100.
Not everyone gets to be an astronaut, the world needs pole dancers too. ~Observer
9/26/2026 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I got a few in the ammo can of parts. Hmm..
https://notsospecialpodcast.com/
9/26/2026 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#35]
AU has Colt H3's right now for $59, not bad really
9/26/2026 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Have we really come full circle from twenty years ago?
Use a 9mm buffer to replicate an A1/2 buffer, with sliding weights in a Car tube.  

My FRT's work fine with my old 9mm buffers.
Seriously, a tractor dealer from Possum Trot, KY has to explain this to you, a lawyer? - JPL

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always look good for the crowd.

"A clip of ammunition, for my little Armalite."
9/26/2026 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Are you wearing these out? Are you mass producing rifles? How often are you buying a $60-$100 buffer? I guess I don’t understand. Just buy it and drive on? Am I missing something?


9/26/2026 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Colt H3 Buffer, You're welcome
9/26/2026 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Crimlon:
AU has Colt H3's right now for $59, not bad really
View Quote
Yep

https://armsunlimited.com/colt-carbine-h3-buffer/

9/26/2026 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
Are you wearing these out? Are you mass producing rifles? How often are you buying a $60-$100 buffer? I guess I don’t understand. Just buy it and drive on? Am I missing something?


https://media2.giphy.com/media/bi1k80j7xfGxYrnClD/200.webp?cid=8dc8958cwn4n4l97tb5mby5b61ytz9b9ukcl3gj1zij68ota&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.webp&ct=g
View Quote

Putting suppressors or FRTs on guns that don’t already have them probably.
Not everyone gets to be an astronaut, the world needs pole dancers too. ~Observer
9/26/2026 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
Are you wearing these out? Are you mass producing rifles? How often are you buying a $60-$100 buffer? I guess I don’t understand. Just buy it and drive on? Am I missing something?


https://media2.giphy.com/media/bi1k80j7xfGxYrnClD/200.webp?cid=8dc8958cwn4n4l97tb5mby5b61ytz9b9ukcl3gj1zij68ota&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.webp&ct=g
View Quote

It’s the PSA Daily Deal Crowd trying to clip Pennie’s.

Just buy and move on or drop firearms as a hobby and be poor elsewhere.
9/26/2026 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:



https://a.co/d/0bY6d1Ee

These are the ones I bought.  I think they were cheaper in 2025 though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:
Originally Posted By DS11M:
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:
I took some advice from here and bought a three pack of tungston weights off of Amazon and made my own because they are so damn expensive.

What kind of Tungsten weights did you buy? How heave did you make it? Link?



https://a.co/d/0bY6d1Ee

These are the ones I bought.  I think they were cheaper in 2025 though.


Yes, they were $30 then
9/26/2026 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Sorad9:

It’s the PSA Daily Deal Crowd trying to clip Pennie’s.

Just buy and move on or drop firearms as a hobby and be poor elsewhere.
View Quote





Alas, the frugal know the difference between possessive and plural when it comes to pinching Penny's pennies.
9/26/2026 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#44]
To everyone who recommended Tromix, thanks for the heads up!
"I do believe that some gun laws are needed and yes, I am a Republican" ~ tc556guy - NRA Member
9/26/2026 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 797hp:
I did, just ordered four of the Tromix buffers
View Quote


Same.
"I do believe that some gun laws are needed and yes, I am a Republican" ~ tc556guy - NRA Member
9/26/2026 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#46]
https://triggeredcompany.com/product/tromix-h3-heavy-carbine-buffer/
3-7-77
Proud Member of the Leather Head Mafia
“In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised” - George S. Patton
LETS GO REDWINGS!!!
9/26/2026 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Been using these for a few years. They work great, especially for suppressed rifles as they eliminate the spring noise.

https://armaspec.com/stealthtm-recoil-spring-srstm-ar15.html
9/26/2026 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 797hp:
Now that FRT’s are gaining popularity some companies are charging $100+ for these things

Anyway if you’re looking for one I found them at Kaw Valley Precision for $49.95
View Quote

Order from Bevan ballistics. You can buy the weights 3 at a time.
9/26/2026 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Spike T3 from Rural King
View Quote



Rural King sells buffers? I've bought magpul furniture there, but thats the only AR stuff I've seen them stock.
I've met cats and dogs smarter than Cory and Trevor.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 2
Next Page