Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Ghost experiences. (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2020 12:28:29 PM EDT
If you are willing please share your experiences seeing ghosts, spirits, and demons.

Here are a few of mine.
Story 1.

After both my grandparents passed away my dad and his siblings split their stuff. We ended up with my grandma’s rocking chair and it was placed in our living room.

I was 18 at the time and as the typical bonehead would stay up until around 4am and sleep the morning away. At around 3:30 I needed a drink so I left my room and walked down the hallway. My mom usually left the stove light on at night that would light half the living room up.

As I turned the corner I saw my mom sitting in the chair rocking back and forth. I stopped because I thought it was strange she would be up at such an hour. I realized it was not my mom because her hair was not long enough and the person was knitting. After a second which felt like minutes the woman turned her head and looked at me. It was my grandma and I nearly had a heart attack. I backed up to my room shutting the door and locking it.  Most people tell me it was because I was tired which is not true and it definitely was not just a shadow.

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Story 2.

Before our babies were born I liked sleeping on the couch watching tv all night in the weekends. One night I woke up and saw my wife standing at the entrance of the room staring at me. I couldn’t see her too well because my eyes were just little slits full of sleep. I casually ask her what the fuck she is doing and she doesn’t answer. She is still standing there as the tv gently flickers against the wall. I roll over letting out a fake fart with my mouth trying to get some reaction from her with no success. Slightly annoyed I close my eyes and fall asleep. In the morning I ask her why she was being a creep and she says she has no idea what I am talking about.

A few weeks go by and I wake up to her standing there again. I blink my eyes a few times and notice it is some 70-80 year old woman staring at me. I almost shit my pants and close my eyes figuring it must be a dream or something. I open them to see that she is no longer there. I quickly sign in to mine  craft, have my character grab the 1911 and flash light, and then clear the to scale house I built.

After finding nothing I make some coffee and stay up all night thinking about what I saw or at least think I saw. Seeing this old woman became such a frequent experience it no longer scared or surprised me. I’d start to wave or let out a nasty fart and go back to sleep. She’s always be in the same spot just watching. I never felt a sense of evil, despair or anything.

I have more but I’ll see if you are interested or want to at least laugh. I’ll even copy and paste a private message if you are too embarrassed to share. I swear on my flag and yours it won’t have your name.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a few experiences...

First one.. and I am not religious, but it put the hairs up on the back of my neck... I was in Israel, and we stopped by the tomb of Jesus.. just seeing all the sights. Again, not really religious. Huge history buff though! Anyways.. it had been raining that entire day, cloud cover, dreary. We walk into the tomb, and I'm standing there alone when the sun decides to come out, and shine in thru the door. Lit the hole little "cave" right up. Nothing Hollywood, just "hey, bright sun is shining in thru the window" sorta light.

It lasted for a few minutes.. then as well left, the clouds came back in and it was rainy drizzle for the rest of the day.

Next one.. the day my Dad died. I was in the kitchen.. and just suddenly stopped. I looked up and told my wife "my dad is dead". She thinks I'm insane. within 20 minutes we got the call, that my dad had passed about 20 minutes ago.

Not ghost sightings.. but....
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll add one that I've never posted anywhere. In the 80's I rented an apartment which was the old servants quarters upstairs in a house on a college campus. The rent was reasonable but it lacked AC. Anyhow, this is the only apartment in the building, the rest of the rooms are used for meetings. So, I'm sitting in my front room watching TV of an evening in the fall, and I hear the clatter of foot steps on the stairs right outside my door. Being a new tenet, I open the door to the 2nd floor landing and,  . . . .nothing, no people, no lights, nobody there. I got used to hearing it I guess, and didn't notice it after awhile.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know what to think of this.  A few nights after my dad died, I woke up and walked into the kitchen to get a drink, and he was standing there.  He looked incredible, like when he was 18 again.  I asked him why he was here, and he said he just wanted to thank me for taking care of him his last few years.  Then he disappeared, and I got my water and went back to bed.  The next morning I woke up and I couldn't place if it was real or a dream.  It sure seemed real.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tripleoption:
I don't know what to think of this.  A few nights after my dad died, I woke up and walked into the kitchen to get a drink, and he was standing there.  He looked incredible, like when he was 18 again.  I asked him why he was here, and he said he just wanted to thank me for taking care of him his last few years.  Then he disappeared, and I got my water and went back to bed.  The next morning I woke up and I couldn't place if it was real or a dream.  It sure seemed real.
View Quote

I have written on this forum about two different dreams I have had where I was visited by someone who had died. first it was my mother & then an old friend. each time, like you said, they looked younger and quite fit. they came to let me see that they were okay & not to worry. as I have said, maybe its just my mind soothing itself, maybe they did come visit me for a reason.  from the feeling I had when I woke up, they came back.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 1:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]
The house I grew up in was new when my parents bought it. It had three bedrooms, the spare one always had an odd feeling to me. When my dad retired and moved back to the family farm, I was recently divorced and bought the house from him.

Living there alone was kind of creepy. I had turned my old bedroom into an office and made my bedroom, my parents old room. The bathroom was right next to it with a sconce on the hall wall between them. I would sleep with the door closed, and I could see shadows in the light under the door all the time, it got to where I just ignored them. A lot of times shit would be moved from where I left it. I sometimes wondered if this shit was just in my mind.

A couple of years go by, my then girlfriend was moving from a apartment to a duplex. I was going on a five day hunting trip and my GF stayed there while I was gone because her duplex was not ready to move in yet. Now she had stayed there in the past but never alone.

When I got back from my trip she had already split the day before and moved into her new place. She was PISSED. Asked me if my house was haunted, I said yeah kinda sorta. She said she had seen shadows, and different doors she left open would be closed later and vise versa.

Fast forward a couple of more years. I was dating my now wife, she had been over a few times, the first time she spent the night she gets up to go to the bathroom during the night. I hear this fucking blood curdling scream. She said she was washing her hands and in the mirror she saw this huge "black shadow" behind her. That was it she never entered the house again.

Two years later I was putting the house up for sale. I Was doing some work to it. Painting and so forth. My mom came to help me paint, the house was totally empty I still had some tools, lawn mower there. She was painting the guest room and I was painting my old room when I hear this big crash in the front of the house.

I go in the kitchen and I had this huge socket set on the counter. It was scattered all over the floor. It takes me ten minutes to pick up all the sockets. I thought maybe I had left them close to the edge of the counter. This time I push them to the wall on the kitchen counter. I go back to painting, when a couple of minutes later CRASH. All the sockets are all over the floor again. My mom thought I was trying to play a trick on her as she never believed in anything like ghost.

About a week later the house sold, I walked through the house one last time, and said aloud " I hope you like the new people you'll be living with, I won't be back."
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Tycobb:
The house I grew up in was new when my parents bought it. It had three bedrooms, the spare one always had an odd feeling to me. When my dad retired and moved back to the family farm, I was recently divorced and bought the house from him.

Living there alone was kind of creepy. I had turned my old bedroom into an office and made my bedroom, my parents old room. The bathroom was right next to it with a sconce on the hall wall between them. I would sleep with the door closed, and I could see shadows in the light under the door all the time, it got to where I just ignored them. A lot of times shit would be moved from where I left it. I sometimes wondered if this shit was just in my mind.

A couple of years go by, my then girlfriend was moving from a apartment to a duplex. I was going on a five day hunting trip and my GF stayed there while I was gone because her duplex was not ready to move in yet. Now she had stayed there in the past but never alone.

When I got back from my trip she had already split the day before and moved into her new place. She was PISSED. Asked me if my house was haunted, I said yeah kinda sorta. She said she had seen shadows, and different doors she left open would be closed later and vise versa.

Fast forward a couple of more years. I was dating my now wife, she had been over a few times, the first time she spent the night she gets up to go to the bathroom during the night. I hear this fucking blood curdling scream. She said she was washing her hands and in the mirror she saw this huge "black shadow" behind her. That was it she never entered the house again.

Two years later I was putting the house up for sale. I Was doing some work to it. Painting and so forth. My mom came to help me paint, the house was totally empty I still had some tools, lawn mower there. She was painting the guest room and I was painting my old room when I hear this big crash in the front of the house.

I go in the kitchen and I had this huge socket set on the counter. It was scattered all over the floor. It takes me ten minutes to pick up all the sockets. I thought maybe I had left them close to the edge of the counter. This time I push them to the wall on the kitchen counter. I go back to painting, when a couple of minutes later CRASH. All the sockets are all over the floor again. My mom thought I was trying to play a trick on her as she never believed in anything like ghost.

About a week later the house sold, I walked through the house one last time, and said aloud " I hope you like the new people you'll be living with, I won't be back."
View Quote

But did it.... follow you?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By J_Wynn:

But did it.... follow you?
View Quote

Probably not, or he would've added that at the end. But it might've, since he taunted it lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Could've been real. The dead often look how they were most happy in life.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Louis-Riel:

I quickly sign in to mine  craft, have my character grab the 1911 and flash light, and then clear the to scale house I built.

View Quote

wat
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 12:59:52 AM EDT
[#12]
There are plenty of demons walking this earth so pretty much every day I run into a foul entity.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By tspike:
There are plenty of demons walking this earth so pretty much every day I run into a foul entity.
View Quote

You talking about Democrats?
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By hoboninja:

You talking about Democrats?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2020 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I've shared this in a couple of the other threads but I guess I'll share here also.

Parents house was IMO very haunted. Throughout my childhood I had lots of stuff happen. You would hear someone walking up the stairs from the basement and slowly walk around the house at night while no one else was home or they were all asleep. On several occasions, including the night before I moved out, you would be in bed and would feel someone sit on the side of the bed and see the mattress compress. It was un fucking nerving to feel and see that happen right next to you. On occasion, items would move, but this wasn't very common. The basement was scary AF. No one liked being down there alone. You always felt like you were watched down there and you were terrified. The pets would always stare at and follow things that weren't there.

The only time I ever saw something was when I was younger. I was around 6 and had surgery to remove tonsils, so afterwards I was home and my mom let me sleep on the pull out couch in the living room. This was a couple days after the op, so no latent anesthesia or anything like that was in me. My parents were typically strict about bedtimes and I was up way past it for then. My mom went to the basement to do laundry and left me watching tv. It was around 10pm so everyone else but us was asleep. The house wasn't big, the living room was next to my bedroom in the front of the house, my parents room was next to ours facing the back and the bathroom was next to it. there was a very small hallway that connected the 3 rooms to the living room. A couple minutes after my mom went down to do the laundry, I saw something move in the hallway out of my bedroom. It was a solid black figure, right around 6 foot tall, very distinct outlines. It was wearing a uniform, like army or like the police guy on the monopoly board. It stepped out and stopped mid way from my bedroom to the bathroom across the hall. As it paused it turned its head towards me and saw me and it appeared to be surprised. The shock it had seeing me was over quickly, after it saw me it looked down and pulled a pocket watch out of its front pocket and checked the time, looked back up at me, looked back down and put the watch away and then stepped into the bathroom and disappeared. Scared the absolute shit out of me. The face had detail while in profile, but you couldn't make out details when it looked at you. There were no eyes to be seen, but you could feel it look through you.

After a couple minutes when the shock and fear wained I got up and looked into my room, my younger brother was inside in his bead asleep. It wasn't my dad. You could hear him in his room snoring up a storm. The bathroom was empty. I made it straight down to my mom after than point and didn't leave her side for the rest of the night.

I have tried for years to figure out and understand what the fuck it was I saw. I've read up on "shadow people" but none of what they talk about matched what I saw. They all tend to be blurry or smoky. No clothing and just general human shaped. What I saw was solid, clearly outlined. Had clothing and a hat on. and was the blackest thing I have ever seen. Like night sky in the deepest part of the pacific with no moon and no starlight black. That was the only time I ever actually saw something with my own eyes dead on that I could 100% say was unknown and fucking scary. I've had other minor things happen over the years, mostly at work when I was at the hospital or on the ambulance, but I've never had things happen in my homes the way I did in my parents place.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:38:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TimJ] [#16]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Had a similar one.
I had a dream or blacked out. I dont know what it was. My Mom had been gone maybe 2 years. It was early morning I was waiting on a call to go see a guy about a job. Emptied the house out son and wife were gone. I returned home 7:00 or 7:30 A.M.
Had coffee and was in a chair waiting for a call. I was out or day dreaming for 20 minutes I guess. I looked around and thought I just talked to my Mom?
I was holding her hand and saying where did you go? She was telling me she was fine and so proud of my young Son. She was right next to me in my chair holding my hand.
It was a total weight lifted off of me from her passing. We took care of her every need for 8 years. I mentioned it to my family and people were crying. Grandma visited you!
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Yep.  After my dad died I had a series of nightmares for a couple of weeks.  His illness was a protracted battle with esophageal cancer and it wrecked him physically.  We were all exhausted and I was feeling guilty because I was finally able to come up for air and rest.  Every night I would have a nightmare with him looking exactly like he did shortly after he died, not a pretty picture.  One night I confronted him in my dream.  It was an angry exchange where I got after him pretty good for not letting me rest.  In an instant he transformed into his 18 year old self.  He then proceeded to tell me that this was how he is now, and that I should never fear anything.  Then he promised to leave me alone.

He appeared again, this time while I was very much awake, a few years later.  It was in my "new" house that we were busting our tails to complete renovations on before moving.  I'd catch him staring at me while I was working, usually just out of the corner of my eye.  I thought I was going nuts.  Then my wife saw him too.  One of my boys said he came into his room at night.  Actually what he said was that a guy who looked like me, but wasn't me, would check on him at night.  Every once in a great while I'll catch a whiff of Lucky Strike cigarettes in the house.  It's cool.  

We were inseparable friends once I'd grown enough to appreciate him a bit.  Best Dad you could ever have.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Tycobb:

View Quote

Just a follow up.  You state you grew up in the house and the spare room had an odd feeling to it.  But it appears that nothing unusual happened while you were in the house then.

Or did some things happen?   Also, did you Dad or Mom ever tell you about issues with the house?  You stated your Mom did not believe in ghosts so did she not have an unusual experiences in the house?

Did anyone ever stay in the spare room either when you were growing up or when you owned the house?  If so did they have any unusual experiences.

Sorry for all the questions.  Not trying to discredit your story at all just trying to see if there was more to it than the story above.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:28:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Powderfinger] [#21]
The night of the first shuttle launch, I and 2 friends stayed up all night to watch it. I made popcorn.
When I hit the sack, it was daylight, and I heard the sound of something dribbling onto the floor in the kitchen. When I checked it out, about a quarter cup of un-popped popcorn was laying in the middle of the floor.
The previously opened package of popcorn from which it came remained on the stove 8 feet away.
ETA: At that time my 2 friends were long gone.

Same house (I was single, lived alone and rented the house) one night at 0 dark thirty I fully awakened from a deep sleep for some reason. I then heard the front door swing open because the coat I had hung from the door knob dragged the zipper across the vinyl entry way. The outside porch light was on and shed light into my room. I froze. After about 10 seconds of total silence I heard the door shut. I got up to check with a Ruger Super Blackhawk in hand.
In the moonlit view out the front window, I saw my car keys sitting on the hood of my truck, which I always parked several feet from the house. Granted, this could have been a friend punking me, but my friends knew I would be armed if someone walked in during the middle of the night (and I always locked my doors and habitually placed my keys on the end of the kitchen counter below the wall mounted phone). There was a dank, putrid odor also in one particular spot in the living room of this house, which several others had witnessed, leading me to further believe something bad was going on there.

After marrying, my wife and I heard soft voices conversing in the utility room at times, in a volume too low to understand the words (different house than above), which was centrally located among the kitchen, main bath, family room and hall going toward the back door and a guest room.
My sister came to visit and left the guest room, going to the kitchen one morning. She asked my wife, who was making coffee, where I was and she said still in bed. Sis said I just heard you guys talking. My wife said "Oh, you heard our other guests", Sis went .

Late one night my wife and her girl friend were in the family room. The girl friend and 8 YO son planned to spend the night in the guest room.
My wife came and woke me up. I had to work early and gone to bed. She said that it was rude for me to have taken a long, loud piss (in the main bath) with the door open, embarrassing her and her friend. I never got up to piss in those days and said it wasn't me. There were no other men in the house and the guest room had a bathroom if her son had to piss. There was a third bathroom in the hall between the guest room and the main bath also that the boy could have pissed in too if he had gotten up. He would also have been visible passing down the hall if he had walked to the main bath, but he wasn't seen up from bed. In any case, my wife said it sounded like a man with a large bladder loudly pissing that she and her friend heard, with her friend yelling out "Geeze Powderfinger, shut the damn door". That main bath off the utility room had 2 doors, the second opening to another hall leading to the room where I was sleeping.
The next morning at 5:30 I was up alone and went through the utility room toward the back door, headed to work. The broom closet door flung open right in front of me HARD, LOUDLY banging the wall and the ironing board flew out crashing to the floor. I had a rigging fit and CUSSED and SHOUTED out to the entity in no uncertain terms to face me or be gone. At that point IDGAF anymore.
Nothing further happened and I left for work.
I heard later when I got home from work that the girl friend's son that night had left his bed and got in bed with his mom as "a smelly man tried to get in bed with him". She never came back. Nor did the entity.

The reason IDGAF at that point that night and called it out was that on a previous night I had become aware of the malevolent entity in our home, beyond any doubt.

Let me preface the next by saying I didn't use drugs. I also didn't drink more than a socially limited amount.

I used to watch SNL on KGW TV Portland, as it started at 11:30 versus 11:35 on KING TV Seattle.
One night while up alone in the family room, the Neville Bros. were the musical guests and when their song ended a loud, clear, bass voice said "SUPER". The room had a high open beamed wood paneled ceiling and bare hard wood floors. The voice reverberated. I first thought the off scene host said "SUPER", praising the Neville Bros. After a second or 2 pause in a lower volume, the voice then clearly said "Natural".
My mind couldn't grasp this. After it sunk in, I realized the voice was not human, nor from the TV.
I switched to KING TV to watch the singing end again 5 minutes later. As expected, I didn't heard those words again, but still thinking it could have been the TV.

This was the most troubling of my experiences (there were several less provocative occurrences of phenomenon I had witnessed, some at work) and later on, upon the sight of the flying ironing board, I resolved to have it out. I didn't care what would happen. I was enraged and ready to fight to the death.

I told my cousin about all of this, and he said "It's time to make your own ghosts". We did. We moved into a new home we built and now live in a second home we built.

Through he years after the ironing board incident, the only weird thing to happen was my wife and I being awakened by our cat's single loud meow outside our room one night (which was her habit) last year, shortly after she died. She was 19 YO. My wife said "What was that?" I said "It's Dusty." and then "It's OK Dusty. You can go now." That was the last we heard, but later my wife saw a hologram like appearance of the cat once that lasted several seconds as it walked into the kitchen.
I posted about the meow incident in the big Creepy Thread. Also, one of the unexplainable occurrences at work in another thread.
The image of the cat she saw happened later after that post in the Creepy Thread.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#22]
One night I was hanging out at a friends place, he lived in a backroom that was connected to a rec room that connects to the main house. the rec room had two lamps mounted high on one wall, almost near the ceiling and they were both on, and we were sitting in his room talking and watching tv, I was sort of facing the door and could see into the rec room. Suddenly I noticed a shadow cast over one of the lights and go across it as if someone had walked by. For a moment I asked, is anyone else here? He said no, I got up and looked into the rec room and I realized that those two lights were the only light sources in the room, so it couldn't have been someone's shadow, besides no one else was in that room. What I saw was a black humanoid shape that went across the light and whatever it was, had to be at least 7ft tall to block the light as it passed by. I guess its more of a "shadow person" story, but that was the first time I've ever had a visual paranormal experience I couldn't explain.

My friend was pretty freaked out when I explained what I saw, especially since he had to sleep there, but he didn't see it that night and had never experienced it before or since. Later on he told me that the previous occupants of that home had been murdered in a home invasion robbery.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I had to put my dog, Bosch, down in February. He was 15. It sucked. I'm still not over it because he was my dog, and his brother is my wife's (they chose favorites as puppies). His brother, Baron, (same litter) is still going strong, but is a lot slower since.

Today I'm sitting at my desk, doing the work from home thing. I hear a dog's nails on the hardwood floors and then the "sniff/snort" sound that dachshunds make. I'm thinking it's Baron coming to bug me for a treat (I spoil him in his old age). I spin my chair around and... nothing.

I ask my wife where baron is and she replied from the living room  "in his bed where he's been for the last hour."

I wonder if my dog was passing by and was checking on me, of it's just my imagination?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
I had to put my dog, Bosch, down in February. He was 15. It sucked. I'm still not over it because he was my dog, and his brother is my wife's (they chose favorites as puppies). His brother, Baron, (same litter) is still going strong, but is a lot slower since.

Today I'm sitting at my desk, doing the work from home thing. I hear a dog's nails on the hardwood floors and then the "sniff/snort" sound that dachshunds make. I'm thinking it's Baron coming to bug me for a treat (I spoil him in his old age). I spin my chair around and... nothing.

I ask my wife where baron is and she replied from the living room  "in his bed where he's been for the last hour."

I wonder if my dog was passing by and was checking on me, of it's just my imagination?  
View Quote

We put our lab down almost a year ago. We have echoy floors in our bedroom and more than once i have woken up to dog nails walking in only to find the other dog passed out next to me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:49:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#26]
I saw 2 shadows sitting on a bed conversing with each other and were apparently aware that I was watching them. I freaked out when I noticed they were not against the wall but 3 feet away in the middle of the room by the bed. About shit when I realized they were conversing about me.

I will post it as a ghost story because that's how many folks would interpret it. I dot beleive in ghosts but as experienced it would fit many folks  paranormal definition.

ETA. You asked about spare rooms. While this is the master bedroom,  its the guest room. It creeps everyone out lol. My brother own the house now and the room is his computer room. Others have had odd shit but imho it's all coincidence and maybe the room has some electrical shit that messes with folks minds or something.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Had a strange one Monday night. It was around 10:30pm.   The wife and I were sitting on the first level front room of a 3 level split.

The 7 steps to the top level go up from the room we were in.  Daughter was in bed sleeping.

We both heard a door close. You could hear the door latch engage

Went up and checked. There are 4 doors. Bathroom, Master bedroom, and 2 other bedrooms

They were all open except our daughters.  Hers was already closed after she went to sleep.

The door we heard only closed, didn't open.  It couldn't have been her waking up, opening the door and closing it again.  

If anyone has an older house and has ever had the door frames settle where the top of the door is in contact with the frame.

If she opened her door the friction between the door and frame makes a slight popping sound. So you would have definitely heard it open

Weird.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#28]
I have alot, but only 2 really stand out....
Around 1996, I was leaving a fishing spot, and drove down this hill with a horse farm on the left side of the road.  It was field for about 100 feet, to the treeline of a wooded area.  I was cruising at about 10mph and looked over at the horses in the field.   Down at the fenceline that separated the field from the woods, was a crouched figure.  I can only describe it as human in shape, with blue skin, naked, with a bald head.  Almost like a real life version of a gargoyle would look.   I had a car behind me, so ultimately I had to keep moving....Everyone I've spoken to, thought it could be a djinn, but I have no clue...

Before I got divorced,  the house we lived in had seemingly alot of weird things happen.   I remember laying in bed one night because I couldn't sleep well.   Out of nowhere, far off in the distance (but to me, still inside) I heard a woman's voice say "stop you're killing me".  It was absolutely plain as day to me what was said.  I searched the whole house and couldn't find a thing...

I'll have more later, as I'm not sure these qualify as ghost stories
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BrandyWine:
I'll have more later, as I'm not sure these qualify as ghost stories
View Quote

Maybe not, but more than close enough for me.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

View Quote

It's weird sometimes and I get what you're saying .

When my Shepherd died in the middle of the night I had him cremated that morning . It was a rough day for me.
The next morning I open the blind in my bedroom window and his tennis ball is right out side my window .

Was he telling me he's alright ?  Who knows  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I've felt the "presence" of friends/family who had recently passed, but each was a matter of seconds, and then nothing.

The only possible visual ghost experience I've had was driving thru the panhandle of Texas and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a cowboy, sitting on a horse that was head down, like it was drinking.  When I turned my head to look, all that was there was a dried up creek bed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:54:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TimJ] [#32]
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know if it's just my mind, but sometimes I "know" my dead cat is with me. As you might be able to tell from my Avatar and miscellaneous garbage quotes and titles and such, I have cats. Fairly frequently, I'll wake up and just lay around for a while before I actually get my ass out of bed. The boys will wander in and out, getting petted and such, jumping up and down off the bed.

And then I'll feel a cat walking across the bed, right up to me, and when I open my eyes, or roll over and look to see who it is, I'm alone in bed. No cats. Except the one I put down years ago, whose ashes I have on a dresser. It's frequent enough that I've made sure to call out to him every time I move, with his ashes in my hand, to make sure he follows. He always has.

Typing this through tears right now as I wait to get the call from the vet to go pick up the ashes of the best friend I just put down on the 31st. Hoping that the mysterious footsteps on the bed happen twice as often after. I know they're just animals to most people, but when you spend 17 or 13 years every day with something, and are otherwise alone most of the time, you start to get a bit attached.

Weird thing is, I'm not a believer in the spirit, ghosts, the afterlife, or anything else. It's probably just my mind playing tricks on me. But sometimes it's pretty comforting, those tricks. Almost enough to make one believe.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#34]
It's not the first time I have seen a post like this. No worries.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:
I don't know if it's just my mind, but sometimes I "know" my dead cat is with me. As you might be able to tell from my Avatar and miscellaneous garbage quotes and titles and such, I have cats. Fairly frequently, I'll wake up and just lay around for a while before I actually get my ass out of bed. The boys will wander in and out, getting petted and such, jumping up and down off the bed.

And then I'll feel a cat walking across the bed, right up to me, and when I open my eyes, or roll over and look to see who it is, I'm alone in bed. No cats. Except the one I put down years ago, whose ashes I have on a dresser. It's frequent enough that I've made sure to call out to him every time I move, with his ashes in my hand, to make sure he follows. He always has.

Typing this through tears right now as I wait to get the call from the vet to go pick up the ashes of the best friend I just put down on the 31st. Hoping that the mysterious footsteps on the bed happen twice as often after. I know they're just animals to most people, but when you spend 17 or 13 years every day with something, and are otherwise alone most of the time, you start to get a bit attached.

Weird thing is, I'm not a believer in the spirit, ghosts, the afterlife, or anything else. It's probably just my mind playing tricks on me. But sometimes it's pretty comforting, those tricks. Almost enough to make one believe.
View Quote

I believe you. The same thing happened to my wife and I after we lost a cat at 17. We both at different times felt him jump on the bed and walk up beside us. It happened more than once, and the wife asked me about it out of the blue. Sadly, it finally stopped when we adopted a new dog.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Bump for more stories.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm not what you would call a believer in ghosts or spirits whatever you want to call them. But I have had enough experiences to know that something is out there and things most definitely do happen. I have alot to say I'll break it up in posts when I have time to type it all out.

Driving west on rt30 outside of Gettysburg not out of the battlefield yet. It was dark but moonlit. I very clearly saw 2 white horses running parallel to my car in the field to my left. Long enough that I saw a few gallops. Not just a flash of something in the corner of my eye. I wasnt tired or sleepy. They were just there then gone.

I was 10 or 11 camping in Antietam as a cub scout. No ghost story shit or anything like that yet. We got there friday evening set up and hit they hay. I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of horses running very close to my tent. Lots of horses I even heard saddles and other metal things clanging and making racket. At that point in my life I had already  had enough experiences to know what was happening. I listened for while then went back to sleep.

More to come
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#38]
@TrailerTrash556
You are obviously sensitive to these things, the people that are not never seem to understand. I for one am interested in hearing more of your stories.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:59:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Berettadeprived] [#39]

View Quote

@Kagetora That is so awesome. I too am a cat lover and my best little buddy was hit by a car going on 2 years now, I still cry over him. I have had two experiances since he died, so I know the feeling.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#40]
I've typed the details of both these several times on the forum.  Won't do that, just a quick/general tellling:

1.  Saw a confederate army officer on a horse one evening on a single lane country road that the Confederate detachment from Lewisburg, VA traveled when the went to Carnifex Ferry to fight the Union troops.  Same one seen by someone else a few years later at the same spot on that road.

2.  Smelled my father-in-laws unique blend of chewing tobacco while sitting on the couch in his house a few days after he died.  Never spoke about it for fear of spooking the in-laws.  A few years later I smelled it again while my wife was in the room and didn't say anything that time either.  Many years later my wife asked me if I believed in ghosts and I started to tell her about the chewing tobacco smell and she admitted she'd smelled it to at that same time (remembered the TV show we were watching, where we were sitting, etc.) but didn't say anything because she was afraid I'd laugh at her.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

@Kagetora That is so awesome. I too am a cat lover and my best little buddy was hit by a car going on 2 years now, I still cry over him. I have had two experiances since he died, so I know the feeling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

Sorry about your buddy. Just got the ashes back on Friday, hoping to feel extra footsteps more often now.

I had thought of giving him a Norse stone ship burial on my property, but I decided I wanted to take him along if I ever move, so he's on the dresser next to his best friend.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
I saw 2 shadows sitting on a bed conversing with each other and were apparently aware that I was watching them. I freaked out when I noticed they were not against the wall but 3 feet away in the middle of the room by the bed. About shit when I realized they were conversing about me.

I will post it as a ghost story because that's how many folks would interpret it. I dot beleive in ghosts but as experienced it would fit many folks  paranormal definition.

ETA. You asked about spare rooms. While this is the master bedroom,  its the guest room. It creeps everyone out lol. My brother own the house now and the room is his computer room. Others have had odd shit but imho it's all coincidence and maybe the room has some electrical shit that messes with folks minds or something.
View Quote
....and what were they saying?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I have relayed this a while back but I will repeat it. Tis was told to my by my old neighbor, salt of the earth guy, and his older brother. This occurred near Euphala, AL about 1/2 way to Montgomery. They had a hunting camp set up just sheds turned into cabins, with a board walk connecting about 6 shed to get them out of the mud. No power, off the highway a good bit. The area was pretty active back in the day, civil war and the Creek Indian war, Plus Euphala was a or the main trading center at the time.

One night they had a long day of hunting, and everyone hit the sack early to get up at 4am to head to the stands. In the middle of the night they were awoken by the sound of a team of horses tearing ass up towards the camp. By buddy said he thought he was dreaming, but the sounds grew louder. Suddenly he heard shouting, and a clamoring as the team of horse was stopping just in front of their camp. Before my buddy could get out of his bunk he heard boots treading down the boardwalk and stopped in front of his and his brother hooch, which were directly opposite each other. My friend cracked opened the door and shined his flashlight into the pitch black only to see his brother peeking his head out of his door wondering what the hell was going on. They walked down the deck and shined their lights out scanning to see anything out of place. No hoof prints, no tracks, everything was the way it was before they went to sleep. As they were walking back the others began poking their heads out asking the the noise was, ect. There was at least 6 grown men there who had no explanation of what they heard.

They found out later that area used to hold a stage coach stop.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#44]
@robmkivseries70

This might get a little bit scattered but I'll try to keep it somewhat short and in line(except for the grammar and punctuation)

I could talk about this stuff all day. I dont openly share it most of the time because the majority of people dont actually care and dont actually want to discuss this topic. They just want to hear some ghost story then tell about how they get goosebumps in graveyards or some shit. The people that do want to discuss or hear about it are few and far between.

The experiences I have had in my life can be divided 4 ways.

The battlefield experiences I posted above. Very mild and hardly worth noting among everything else.

The lost pet experiences at my house.

The experiences at my aunt and uncles house and surrounding area

The experiences at my mother in laws house where my wife lived the before we lived together

My mothers side of the family are what you could call "believers" of this sort of thing. When I think about it personally it's normal to me. We talk about it at family gatherings and its taken 100% seriously because those of us who have seen/heard/felt things know. And those who haven't, know that we aren't lying or exaggerating. It's just how it is. Some of the family wont talk about it. But even they know. And they dont talk about it because it makes them uncomfortable. They are uncomfortable because they cant explain what happened to them.

You could say that we were literally told ghost stories as children and that they weren't meant to be scary. My mom is one of three sisters. Me, my sister, and our three cousins have heard stories and had experiences at my aunt's house. My mother and her sisters aswell as my mothers parents and my great grandparents were/are all "believers". Some of the stories are my great grandparents experiences.

So far this is long winded but I feel its necessary as somewhat of a backstory to relay my feelings and how I've gone through life knowing that these things happen. I dont take this stuff lightly.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: robmkivseries70] [#45]
@TrailerTrash556
No worries here, thanks for the update. I am mildly psychic, and while fascinated, I am kinda old school. My first exposure was a book on the subject "Ghost Hunter" by Hans Holzer".
I have posted the story before, of an experience I had at age 10. It is primarily responsible for the beginning of my interest in the paranormal.
10 Years Old And New House

Date: 2018-02-20
State: Illinois (I no longer live in IL and have been gone from there over 20 years.

We moved house when I was 10. Bigger house, two story, built in the late 40's IIRC. Early on I, at least, would hear my name called and it wasn't my mom. (Went and asked.) My younger brother complained of seeing faces on the wall at night. The biggie occurred one early evening as I went up stairs to the second floor, the stair way left the main floor and went up to a landing, turned right and went up another 7-8 steps. At the top there was a hall with entrances to the bath, and my room on the left, entrances to my folks room and younger sister's room on the right.

I was about half way up from the landing to 2nd floor level when something white and irregularly shaped came out of my folks room. It might have been an arm given the height but had no real shape aside from an irregular length. There was no one else from the family up stairs. I don't think my feet touched the steps on the way back down, I went through the house to the TV room in the back of the first floor. I stopped next to my mom and she said, "you are just white." I don't remember if she said any more and I blurted out that an arm had come out of their (mom & dad's) bedroom. To which my dad said,"Was it a man's or woman's arm?" I replied, "It was white!" I had never been so scared, never saw it again and when ever I went up stairs in the evening I had to screw up my courage and make sure the light in the up stairs hall was on. If the story ended here it probably wouldn't mean much.

Many times we, as a family, would leave the house in the evening and my dad would see and complain that the attic light was left on by somebody. The attic stairs were accessed through a door in their bedroom BTW. One evening, as we were all called down stairs to get in the car and go somewhere, I made a point to be the last down. I turned off the attic light, which had a wall mounted toggle switch that wasn't the least bit worn out, having a firm click. I joined the family and as we pulled in front of the house in the car, my dad complained that the light in the attic was on. It was, I looked for myself and reported to my dad that I had turned the light off before we left. The subject of ghosts came up, several times, but being a religious family, there was no further discussion. One of the times I was visiting town long after my folks had moved again I went by that house at night, the light was on.;)

ETA: Your story about family connections made me stop and think. I don't have any idea where, if there is such a thing, I inherited my abilities. Like I said, compared to some it's pretty mild, a couple of prophetic dreams,a vision, some good hunches etc. My mom was adopted and my Dad's side of the family never talked about anything like ghosts, ESP or whatever.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#46]
The passed pet experiences arent scary or creepy or anything like that. They are hearing them or feeling them or a thought about them that wasnt provoked. Or dreaming about them.

Me and my sister had a dog literally named Dog growing up. He was my best buddy till the day we had him put down. Hes been gone 9 years this summer. I heard him walking through the house countless times for a few years after he was gone. I would hear him bark outside from time to time.

Once or twice a year I dream about him. Extremely vivid dreams like he is literally there with me and I am there with him. Usually outside around the house or in the field. His personality and his smell and everything is there in the dream I can feel him and see him plain as day and I always cry because I miss him so much and am so happy to see him and he is happy to see me. I wake up literally bawling.

He is coming to me in my dreams and I cant explain it any more than that. I have vivid dreams alot and they are very detailed but this is on an entirely different level. Every sense and thought and feeling is there with him in my dreams. It doesnt fit the ghost category but its definitely an experience I cant explain.

At my aunt and uncles house the tree line is about 30 yard from the back porch and they used to have a cable ran from the porch to a big tree. They had a roller on the cable with a cable leash attached to it. Their old dog Yeller(large yellow lab) would haul ass to the porch and the roller would come slamming into the anchor and make a loud bang. After he died of old age we would hear the bang from time to time. It was muffled like it was far away but it was unmistakable.

I have had many experiences like that with passed pets. Smells or sounds or random thoughts. I feel everyone's pain when it comes to losing animals that you love.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By robmkivseries70:
@TrailerTrash556
No worries here, thanks for the update. I am mildly psychic, and while fascinated, I am kinda old school. My first exposure was a book on the subject "Ghost Hunter" by Hans Holzer".
I have posted the story before, of an experience I had at age 10. It is primarily responsible for the beginning of my interest in the paranormal.
10 Years Old And New House

Date: 2018-02-20
State: Illinois (I no longer live in IL and have been gone from there over 20 years.

We moved house when I was 10. Bigger house, two story, built in the late 40's IIRC. Early on I, at least, would hear my name called and it wasn't my mom. (Went and asked.) My younger brother complained of seeing faces on the wall at night. The biggie occurred one early evening as I went up stairs to the second floor, the stair way left the main floor and went up to a landing, turned right and went up another 7-8 steps. At the top there was a hall with entrances to the bath, and my room on the left, entrances to my folks room and younger sister's room on the right.

I was about half way up from the landing to 2nd floor level when something white and irregularly shaped came out of my folks room. It might have been an arm given the height but had no real shape aside from an irregular length. There was no one else from the family up stairs. I don't think my feet touched the steps on the way back down, I went through the house to the TV room in the back of the first floor. I stopped next to my mom and she said, "you are just white." I don't remember if she said any more and I blurted out that an arm had come out of their (mom & dad's) bedroom. To which my dad said,"Was it a man's or woman's arm?" I replied, "It was white!" I had never been so scared, never saw it again and when ever I went up stairs in the evening I had to screw up my courage and make sure the light in the up stairs hall was on. If the story ended here it probably wouldn't mean much.

Many times we, as a family, would leave the house in the evening and my dad would see and complain that the attic light was left on by somebody. The attic stairs were accessed through a door in their bedroom BTW. One evening, as we were all called down stairs to get in the car and go somewhere, I made a point to be the last down. I turned off the attic light, which had a wall mounted toggle switch that wasn't the least bit worn out, having a firm click. I joined the family and as we pulled in front of the house in the car, my dad complained that the light in the attic was on. It was, I looked for myself and reported to my dad that I had turned the light off before we left. The subject of ghosts came up, several times, but being a religious family, there was no further discussion. One of the times I was visiting town long after my folks had moved again I went by that house at night, the light was on.;)

ETA: Your story about family connections made me stop and think. I don't have any idea where, if there is such a thing, I inherited my abilities. Like I said, compared to some it's pretty mild, a couple of prophetic dreams,a vision, some good hunches etc. My mom was adopted and my Dad's side of the family never talked about anything like ghosts, ESP or whatever.
View Quote

I can 100% relate to the lights on and off kind of thing. My aunt has had that happen alot. Aswell as her neighbors. Its mild I know but it does happen.

I know I'm not any physic by any stretch of the word. My mother has had somewhat "truth revealing" dreams and I take that kind of thing 100% seriously from people who "know" like I said. I dont know how else to say it. People know about this stuff by hearing and people know about this stuff and actually know. Weed out 9 "omg the lamp came on by itself that one time that was creepy" from 10 stories and there might be one from someone that "knows" what happend wether they can explain it or not.

In my experiences talking to people about this stuff there are 3 reactions/types of responses.
They hear you and dont know what to make of it so they take it at face value and that is that.
They scoff at you or blow it off and dont think twice about it.
Maybe 1 out of 100 will get a look on their face and in their eyes. They know. And I can tell when they know.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#48]
@TrailerTrash556

Yep, I can generally sense the mood in a room and to some extent of the people around me. My Mrs. will get my premonitions but isn't into things very much.The weekend when DJT made his trip to China as a newly elected president I had this gut feeling of something bad happening and mentioned it to her on a Saturday evening. By Sunday morning I was sure it wasn't the president and later we learned of the church shooting in TX.  Gotta run.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Louis-Riel:
If you are willing please share your experiences seeing ghosts, spirits, and demons.

Here are a few of mine.
Story 1.

After both my grandparents passed away my dad and his siblings split their stuff. We ended up with my grandma's rocking chair and it was placed in our living room.

I was 18 at the time and as the typical bonehead would stay up until around 4am and sleep the morning away. At around 3:30 I needed a drink so I left my room and walked down the hallway. My mom usually left the stove light on at night that would light half the living room up.

As I turned the corner I saw my mom sitting in the chair rocking back and forth. I stopped because I thought it was strange she would be up at such an hour. I realized it was not my mom because her hair was not long enough and the person was knitting. After a second which felt like minutes the woman turned her head and looked at me. It was my grandma and I nearly had a heart attack. I backed up to my room shutting the door and locking it.  Most people tell me it was because I was tired which is not true and it definitely was not just a shadow.
View Quote

Closest I have is what appears to be a ghost cat in the house.    I have a cat, but she's not allowed in my bedroom.     I have verified she wasn't in my bedroom each time this has happened.   I have been in bed and heard what sounds like a cat jumping from the floor to the bed.   I hear and feel the landing on the side of the bed closest to the door.   Then it walks to the end of the bed, across the end, and along the far side in what is essentially a U.  At that point it's gone.   Nothing to see though.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#50]
I read that one of the latest explanations for UFO’s is that they may not be interstellar but extra dimensional.  They are here but have achieved a higher level/ parallel type of being.

That could easily explain most ghost/ufo or other odd phenomenon that has been going on for years.

The other beings could just appear and disappear at will to us.  Why?  I don’t know
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Ghost experiences. (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top