Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 2/25/2010 7:11:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vermont2nd] [#1]
Joe,

Here's the direct link for members to find their local EVC: http://www.nraila.org/ActionCenter/GetInvolvedLocally/

Sadly it seems that there isn't one in my district.  On a positive note though, FiftyCalAl just sent in my paperwork for my Lifetime membership, so at least I'm in the fight.
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DirectAction:
You can still help by taking on a Congressional District that is near by your home....That works as well.  I have several in New York and the District of Columbia!

Congrats on the Life Membership....as always brother, THANK YOU for your support!

It's I who should be thanking you for your support Joe.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 10:42:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vermont2nd] [#5]
Here's another way to become involved in the process.....Let's go ARFCOM....volunteer for the cause of freedom!

NRA-ILA FrontLines is comprised of NRA-ILA's most dedicated volunteers who work vigorously at the local, state, and federal levels to defend our Second Amendment rights. FrontLines members work with NRA-ILA, and especially with their NRA-ILA Election Volunteer Coordinator (EVC) , to advance ILA's legislative and political agendas. Your EVC is a local NRA member who has volunteered to act as the liaison between NRA members and gun owners and various pro-gun campaigns seeking volunteer support. Your EVC also works with local Second Amendment supporters to promote NRA-ILA's legislative agenda.

FrontLines is not for the faint of heart. Only those pro-freedom activists who pledge their regular assistance when called to action are enrolled. The best thing about NRA-ILA FrontLines is that everything associated with it is absolutely free ! Rest assured the time commitment involved with this program is small, but the dividends of your vigorous participation will be immense!

https://secure.nraila.org/Volunteer.aspx

2010 is too important not to help.....it's free to join and your participation truly makes an impact on election day!

Joe

With Joe's help and encouragement I got the ball rolling on becoming my state's EVC.  I encourage everyone here to do the same; look into your area and see if you can help in some way.

I was somewhat surprised and a little dismayed that we didn't have an EVC.  I attribute it to the fact that Vermont has excellent gun laws, laws in our state constitution that predate the US Constitution, that have never been perverted.   It still saddens me that there isn't more active participation in my area; luckily, it's something that can be overcome.

In any case, thank you Joe for not only being active on the site, but also for being approachable and eager to help.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
AWESOME NEWS SEAN!  Thanks to you both for helping sharpen the spear's tip.  Oh Sean, I called today to NRA Membership; your payment and application have cleared and you are one of the newest NRA LIFE members.  I have extra LIFE lapel pins if you need more than what they send you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2010 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm hoping to convince my wife that a trip to Charlotte, NC is a worthy endeavor; wish me luck in that effort.

On a serious note, I recently took the steps to become a Notary Public so that I can get out there and register voters.  I think it's a worth while undertaking, and one that anyone can do without making a major time commitment.  Start from the bottom up....
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#11]
KY 3rd District's new EVC reporting in. Priority # 1 is defeating Pelosi's fair-haired boy John Yarmuth!

Link Posted: 6/30/2010 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Joe, my little town 07403 is split between two districts in NJ 5 & 11. Thankfully both tend to be GOP.  District 5 has a EVP, but 11 doesn't. I live in 5, but can I volunteer for 11 being that it is vacant?
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I couldn't find any map to figure out which district I'm in. The one I get when I put in my zip is way north of me. How do I find out where I should be?
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:54:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Brother....the easiest way is to check the "blue pages" of your telephone book and ascertain whom you are represented by....you could also "google" who is my Congressman in zip code_______"

Please let me know how you make out....

OK, I'm a moron. I thought these were some sort of NRA districts. This makes a lot more sense now.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 2:21:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 2:53:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Thanks for the new Background...  Hopefully, no one at work is offended by it....

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Love to get involved. Are there any activities in Texas?
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 7:02:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alexander123Z:
Love to get involved. Are there any activities in Texas?
View Quote
This.

Would love to get involved in the DFW area.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:36:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: THE_RESISTER] [#23]
I just signed up. It asked about door to door. I have done that. I carried a petition to get I-1639 on the ballet for re consideration by the voters. No one I knew wanted to join me. I got a hap hazard coverage. Did not need a mapped out rout of march cause I did not have the time to get but a small % of homes. With a group of 5 to 10 we could have mapped it out and checked off areas as we pacified them.

Doing this was an eye opener. What I learned, and I was not at all surprised about this but poor income and renters don't give much of a F about their freedoms where home owners do. The larger the home/property and more affluent they were the more they seemed to take the issue serious. This is why voting should be restricted to a minimum of people who own their own home. The founders believed more along these lines for voting rights and if you ever go door to door you will see why.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top