Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2021 9:31:45 AM EDT
Have been supporting FPC, they seem pretty active in the fight these days but their emails have become so annoying...I get the urgency of the cause, but their fear mongering emails are blatantly manipulative, and I don't appreciate it. They would get more of my money at this point using bare facts, without all the rhetoric.
I've given them several times the cost of a membership this year, didn't use my donor ID to do so because I don't have it memorized, and now they're threatening to lapse my membership if I don't send them another 30$.
What organization will do more for the 2A with my money? Preferably without filling my inbox with garbage?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah I have the same issue with them. They send you some really weird emails when you donate money.

"Our president wants me to write you to invite you to our super exclusive donors clubs !!!"
Sometimes their emails make me think they are a scam.

I wish gun rights orgs would let you donate without sending you any physical mail. I get a ton of mail from GOA/FPC/NRA.
NRA sends an intolerable amount of mail so I've stopped giving them money.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm with you.  Their emails are far too similar to the NRA pandamonium emails and mailers that irked everyone.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking exactly the same thing.  
This Westboro Baptist Church version of fundraising has got to be turning a lot of people off.  And judging from their recent emails, I'm guessing that's the case.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a monthly donation going to them. Really getting tired of the "sky is falling" incessant emails. When something really needs a fire mission people are going to tend to blow it off because of their methods.

ARE YOU LISTENING FPC?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:43:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44-40pro] [#5]
I have a monthly donation going to them. Really getting tired of the "sky is falling" incessant emails. When something really needs a fire mission people are going to tend to blow it off because of their methods.

ARE YOU LISTENING FPC?

Sorry for the double tap. Where's the goddamn delete button.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 7:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ProctorSilex] [#6]
I hate all the mail and fear mongering too, however, I quit donating to the NRA because of the corruption at the top.
I quit supporting FPC when they wrote in their recent amicus brief that infanticide is a human right and supported courts effectively creating rights and law. I came here because our arfcom hero said in a recent video that FPC doesn't support abortion. I thought some keyboard warriors would be discussing that, but I found no things. After reading the amicus, I can't expect FPC to properly fight for our rights.
I'm down to GOA and GOF right now. Even GOA has issues: in 2020 they partnered with a woman who suggested that 2A supporters don't want blacks to have guns.
I too prefer facts and I would like a focus on grass roots mobilization rather than all these Chicken Little papers I don't have time to read.
I've also heard of Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), 2AO (Second Amendment Organization), and USCCA (I had their insurance before they started a 2A org).
List of 2A orgs.
I don't know which are making the most of our donations.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a long discussion with people at FPC about their hysterical e mails. Told them it reminds me of NAGR and the NRA fund raisers. Fell on deaf ears.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup. Donated multiple times since they are fighting the good fight.

Couldn't put up with the hyperbolic emails so I unsubscribed.

Too bad really.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Agreed, FPC has gotten on my nerves lately.  I mean, I get it, things are actually dire right now, more so than in a long time, so it's not just fearmongering; but they also need to realize that in a crap economy, people don't have much spare money right now.  I want to give more but can't.  And harassing people is not a good look, they're going to turn off more supporters that way.
I appreciate all that they do, but they have to calm down with the begging.  Especially when they have the emails that state they'll match your donation by 800% or whatever.  Well, if they can afford that, then they can't be that broke?  Where's that money coming from?? Why not just put it toward the cause either way?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top