Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2022 1:47:53 PM EDT
So work called, apparently I need to be there for meetings. And there will be a national holiday long weekend in the middle of it, so ... diving it is.

Anyone been diving there and have a shop they like (or didn't)?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:
So work called, apparently I need to be there for meetings. And there will be a national holiday long weekend in the middle of it, so ... diving it is.

Anyone been diving there and have a shop they like (or didn't)?
View Quote

India isn’t a diving hotspot. Get over to Scubaboard.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:00:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xanadu] [#2]
I can't imagine submerging myself in water anywhere within 5 miles of the coast of India.  Are you sure about this?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xanadu:
I can't imagine submerging myself in water anywhere within 5 miles of the coast of India.  Are you sure about this?
View Quote

I hear ya. I was diving in Burrard Inlet in the 1980's, in all the Sulfur plant and pulp mill runoff. I don't think the water at the tip of India is going to cause those kinds of chemical burns.

At least they make it sound like they're trying to do something for the environment in that part of India; they even have surf schools and stuff. It's just tough to tell whose boat is actually one you'd want to be on - I imagine it'll be like Thailand, they'll either be awesome or reaaaaallllly sketchy.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#4]
I came back from India three months ago.

Got detained (arrested?) trying to leave when they discovered my garmin inReach in my carry on tray.

Having visited the “beach” in Mumbai, I did dip my finger in. I was careful to then keep that finger away from my face and wash it throughly once I got back to Hotel.

Do let us know though. I’m curious how it goes for ya.

ETA:  I couldn’t imagine breathing their atmosphere, compressed. Maybe if I could watch it being filled and check the filters for myself. As soon as I got off the plane I felt like I had smoker’s cough.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top