BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/24/2022 10:50:35 AM EDT
Original thread: Link

Attachment Attached File

What you should know about Southeast - Misery and penalties followed by days of chillin' with some of the best friends you will ever find.

Most importantly, our sincerest appreciation for the abundant and excellent food.  Thank you Mimi, Draconis and redgoat.

And thank you to RedTruck90 for running the firing lines and providing devastating motivation to the unfortunate.

Attachment Attached File

And thank you to our old and new sponsors.  If I missed anyone please message me.

GeisseleDamn Yankee Kydex
Seal Right Inc.
Macon Armory
Tater's Welding
03screwlariat
Parsons Precision
DeeZee
Baja Gringo
Newnan Arms
MOA targets

...and Kaik for organizing and cooking the mudbugs

Attachment Attached File

GAhunter95 for the Farmaritas:

Attachment Attached File

And now the results:

Top man and overall winner:  Barbie69 (KevinD)
Top woman: Naamah

2. 762Carlos
3. GAhunter95
4. Uniquesnd
5. 7mm-08
6. TheRadBaron (also winner of the Macon Armory Challenge with 15 flips of the drill rod in 5 minutes)
7. Rugger_ag
8. IHTFP08
9. Spiritzerothree
10. KMart_Ginger

Be warned that Peepala has spawned the next generation of killer geese.

Attachment Attached File

Get in here and post your pictures !!

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#1]
In 1st.

Thank you so much to the hosts and other staff. Food was great. Obstacles were challenging but doable if you gave it your all.

SE is one of my favorite events. 4th year for me now.
I thought I had a top 10 run, only to get bumped out late Friday. Sad. 12th is still pretty good for me. I have been working hard, but not hard enough.

Got back home just after midnight. Will post more photos, this will do for now.

Our sponsors are amazing.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Good times, great people. 10/10 run again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The signature southeast shirt. KaiK78 night run
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Space force class
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The G trigger demo

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

What a beautiful display design....
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Original thread: Link

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169053/group_jpg-2360055.JPG

What you should know about Southeast - Misery and penalties followed by days of chillin' with some of the best friends you will ever find.

Most importantly, our sincerest appreciation for the abundant and excellent food.  Thank you Mimi, Draconis and redgoat.

And thank you to RedTruck90 for running the firing lines and providing devastating motivation to the unfortunate.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169053/staff_jpg-2360058.JPG

And thank you to our old and new sponsors.  If I missed anyone please message me.

GeisseleDamn Yankee Kydex
Seal Right Inc.
Macon Armory
Tater's Welding
03screwlariat
Parsons Precision
DeeZee
Baja Gringo
Newnan Arms
MOA targets

...and Kaik for organizing and cooking the mudbugs

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169053/mudbugs_jpg-2360083.JPG

GAhunter95 for the Farmaritas:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169053/farmaritas_jpg-2360071.JPG

And now the results:

Top man and overall winner:  Barbie69 (KevinD)
Top woman: Naamah

2. 762Carlos
3. GAhunter95
4. Uniquesnd
5. 7mm-08
6. TheRadBaron (also winner of the Macon Armory Challenge with 15 flips of the drill rod in 5 minutes)
7. Rugger_ag
8. IHTFP08
9. Spiritzerothree
10. KMart_Ginger

Be warned that Peepala has spawned the next generation of killer geese.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169053/peepala_jpg-2360091.JPG

Get in here and post your pictures !!

View Quote

Anyone know who won NV?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Best outfit at CWSE6, hands down....and 2nd place drill rod!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Anyone know who won NV?
View Quote
I think you, based on the fine note taking scorecard.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I was promised suffering and CWSE6 definitely delivered.  I'm much more out of shape than I thought and learned a lot over the past few days.  Thanks to the staff & sponsors on a great event.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I didn’t get any pics, but I wanted to make sure to give a huge thanks to the event staff and sponsors!  Everything ran exceptionally smooth and being a new guy, there were plenty of people to help point me in the right direction every step of the way.

I can’t wait to come back and try again next year!

Congratulations to all the winners!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]
As if coming in 26th wasn't enough penalties, now you do this

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Meatball subs
Attachment Attached File

Mud bugs that I didn't have near enough of.
Attachment Attached File

Taco night. Thanks Baja!
Attachment Attached File

Breakfast
Attachment Attached File

Burgers and crawfish
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As if coming in 26th wasn't enough penalties, now you do this

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169053/brian_JPG-2360145.JPG
View Quote

I no internet good today
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Last minute supply stop at Wal-Mart on the way in.
Attachment Attached File

Post run strip down
Attachment Attached File

The rental
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Lime-Squeeze-Steve was demoted to Sanitation-Steve after breaking the lime squeezer.  Expedient repairs by redgoat got it back in production.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Bringing ColaCamp to Cobb County..... one wash down at a time.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Huge thanks to all the staff and sponsors who made this thing possible! The misery was especially flavorful and smellegant this year.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Huge thanks to all the staff and sponsors who made this thing possible! The misery was especially flavorful and smellegant this year.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/339551/63ED633E-C059-4B03-BA3B-61AA13E8BC04-2359635.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/339551/C2501C41-BD67-4EC7-ACF5-3DAF323C5407-2359632.jpg

View Quote

Happy for you. That’s awesome. Congratulations.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes

Thank you to everyone, the sponsors, host, staff and cooks.

The best thing about CWSE?  No blue splash back!  ??

For good measure. The ultimate slip and slide powered by pond water.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#22]
New g swag is pretty nice. The rifle bag is pretty awesome.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Good times.

This was an awesome event, for anyone who has never made it to a cola warrior, you should go. You will be tested.

I really don't have much to say but a huge thanks to the organizers, cooks, and sponsors.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Unpacking….

Lost and found…

Found…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#25]
DangerNarf and I just got home and sorta unpacked.  I'm a Flyover guy and this was my first time at SE.  It was awesome.  Saw a bunch of my friends, met a bunch of cola warriors that I knew from online but hadn't had a chance to meet in person, and made a bunch of new friends.  Got to partake of a bona fide southern crawfish boil (couple of them, actually), finally got to drink the legendary whiskey with the pickled viper in the bottle.

My run went well.  Ran combat class for the first time and took high combat (by a very slim margin), and had a clean chug for the first time.  Did some goofy stuff on the range that cost me some time but that's normal.  I wrestled the drill rod to a victory in the Macon Armory upper giveway competition and won a really cool DI45 upper kit.  

Hail to the hosts, staff, cooks, waterslide engineers, and sponsors, with a special shoutout and thanks to @Mad-Machinist and Macon Armory for donating the upper kit that I brought home.  I'm really looking forward to reading up on it and trying it out.

ETA: My cardio sucks.  The last six months of driving a truck for a living have taken a toll.  Gonna make some adjustments to my workout scheme.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#26]
was mine, is yours now haha
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#27]
WOW!!! Looks like fun
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Who has the night group pic?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#41]
@SuperPredator

Damn fine FLIR pics.  Tell us about the hardware.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Its pretty amazing that you can tell who most of the people are through the flir
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#43]
This was a bitter-sweet year for me.  I had made up my mind that this would be the last event I was going to compete in.
After missing every event last year after Classic X due to a new work situation, I was more than ready to hang out with my Colabros and compete on the field of PeepBattle.

In the last year and a half, I have gotten older of course, but I also lost 50 pounds of my previous self and went from a mentally stressful work environment, unemployment, retirement, and starting a new career as a Package Car Driver at UPS.  I spend 5-6 days a week: walking 10 miles a day, climbing 35-40 flights of stairs daily and lifting packages up to supposedly a max of 150 pounds.  This has put me in a physical state I had long ago forgotten.

Anyways, I was excited to see what my new less fat more physically fit self could do.  
I did the best I ever have at obstacles at any event.  Went 4/5, missing the slack line only, and I gave up on that in order to not burn myself for the rest of them.
I ran as fast as my 51 year old legs could carry me for the entire 1/2 mile run, and truly even though I as breathing hard when I arrived at the range, I was not totally out of wind.
I cleared pistol with ammo to spare( LOL, I would use it up later!, LOL) I did not miss until the last pistol target shot and for some reason could not for the life of me get the hostage taker to swing back to the other side before I had thrown a dozen rounds at it and had to do a mag change; good grief.
The rifle range even though simple, completely ate my lunch.  I was totally frustrated by the end of it.  I left 5 rifle targets!  Most I have ever left is 1 target at 1 event at East.  Other than that one time I had always cleared rifle with ammo to spare.
Next was the chug.  Hey I am the Chuggernaut, this is my bag!  NOT!!!!
Not sure what happened??  The weight loss/dimminished stomach capacity?  Did the rifle range get in my head and kill my confidence?  I will never know.  All I do know is that I was about 3-4 ounces away from cleaning it when my throat said "No fucking way!"
My overall time was 83:41 and that was with 65 minutes of assessed penalties.  My raw time was at least 10-12 minutes faster than my normal pace.  
So while I am not pleased with my overall performance, I am more than pleased with how my old body has responded to the last year and a half of lifestyle changes.

Anyways sorry for the TL/DR crowd.

Thanks to all the sponsors.
Thanks to all my fellow staff members and volunteers.
Thanks to all those who attended and competeted.
Thanks to our gracious land owning host.

Here's the only pics I took:

"The Kai-V"

" It's the wirey one's you have to watch out for"

"Swag"

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@SuperPredator

Damn fine FLIR pics.  Tell us about the hardware.
View Quote

Flir Breach. I love it. Head-mountable, 7 different color palettes, takes pics and vids, and couples pretty good along with my PVS-14 on a Mod Armory bridge. My only complaint is that it only records video - no audio.

Specs from FLIR
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Anybody got pictures and stuff from pre-run weekend?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Another FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC Cola War in the books.  My first time at SouthEast and hopefully not my last. Really a great event.  

Big thanks to the host(s), staff, sponsors, cooks, and all the great cola bros/sisters for making this a challenging, but super fun cola war.

14th is my best showing to date and did it in combat class, so feel pretty good about my run, but there's always room for improvement.  Slack line and the drill rod got me. Shot clean, although my rifle shooting was ugly, and got the chug again for only the 2nd time ever.

Lots of pictures and videos coming up.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#50]
BabyRattle shooting, Redtruck90 being WAY nice

My kid giving it a fantastic try.  He loved it!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top