Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2021 10:40:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
Having not shaved in 4 or 5 days I decided to try a sample of Captain's Choice "45th Parallel" shaving cream

https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all/5o2rvpd9w61kbzebp2581mfgexkqid

Cold water shave with Merkur 34C HD razor, a new Wilkinson Sword blade, Omega 10049 Professional boar brush, and lathered in a bowl. No aftershave just the alum block.

In a word, WOW.

45th Parallel is just delightful. Strong cherry scent with a hint of almond. I did not feel much in the way of slickness either while shaving or rinsing between passes but the lather provided excellent cushioning and my face was left very soft after the shave. Lathering was a snap.

I would say that this shave was one of the best if not the best shaves I've had since taking up wet shaving 11 years ago. Just amazing. And maybe I got the 1 in a million Wilk blade which I find inconsistent.

When it's time to add a "sweet" scented shaving cream/soap I will definitely purchase a tub of this.

NOTE: this product is also available in a shaving soap (as well as an aftershave and aftershave balm)

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Captains Choice is good stuff.  

I have some of their juniper shaving soap and i really like it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The person who gave me this sample says it's the soap and not the cream.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top