BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We've got lots of Mexicans here post Katrina.  Best Mexican food in New Orleans is from one of those trucks that hang out around Home Depot and Lowes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't eat Mexican food in the state of Louisiana.

We've got lots of Mexicans here post Katrina.  Best Mexican food in New Orleans is from one of those trucks that hang out around Home Depot and Lowes.

@chibajoe

One of the young engineers I worked with, I actually recruited her for the refinery, is first generation American and she was from the valley in south Texas.  She found a Mexican restaurant in Chalmette, a hole in the wall, whose owner was from one of the northern territories in Mexico.  She and I would go there for lunch, no one else did becasue the food was not "Taco Bell" quality.  It was the best Mexican food I have ever had and she said you would not get any better at the restaurants in the valley.  The beans charro beans were out of this world, made with big hunks of bacon and pork shoulder.  I went there just for the beans.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
We went to Pizza Delicious.  It was pretty good.  Definitely not the best I've had but good.  It was in a sketchy area and seemed to be a hipster magnet.  One thing you guys need to understand is it would be to expensive to take a family of t to sit down Cajun restaurants every meal.

There's a Gus's Famous Fried Chicken 450ft from the hotel.  Definitely going to try that also.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Favorite pizza place in NOLA is Tavalino's, on the Algiers side of Canal St ferry.  Don't worry, it's literally across the street from the landing, and the Crown and Anchor is great dive bar around the corner.  More upscale pizza with goat cheese, honey, roasted peppers and the like.

@ds3_09

Brother's is the best fried chicken in NOLA
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Who the fuck goes to New Orleans for Pizza and Mexican food?

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@ds3_09

Actually there is a very good pizza place in New Orleans.  It is called Pizza Delicious, it is on Pretty Street in the 9th ward.  It is a rough part of town but the pizza is great.  I worked with engineers from NYC and they said the pizza there is as close to NY pizza you can get.  Go there during the day.  You will think you are in the ghetto by the surroundings and you are in the ghetto but the pizza is real good
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
> Goes to a place chock full of unique culinary delights

> Asks for recommendations for pizza and tacos

WTF bro

Yeah bud.  Gorge yourself on cajun and french , while u can.  Forget pizza

@ds3_09

Actually there is a very good pizza place in New Orleans.  It is called Pizza Delicious, it is on Pretty Street in the 9th ward.  It is a rough part of town but the pizza is great.  I worked with engineers from NYC and they said the pizza there is as close to NY pizza you can get.  Go there during the day.  You will think you are in the ghetto by the surroundings and you are in the ghetto but the pizza is real good

Piety street.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And this guy knows because he stalks the healthy womenz coming and going at these places.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
voodoo BBQ is great
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@chibajoe

One of the young engineers I worked with, I actually recruited her for the refinery, is first generation American and she was from the valley in south Texas.  She found a Mexican restaurant in Chalmette, a hole in the wall, whose owner was from one of the northern territories in Mexico.  She and I would go there for lunch, no one else did becasue the food was not "Taco Bell" quality.  It was the best Mexican food I have ever had and she said you would not get any better at the restaurants in the valley.  The beans charro beans were out of this world, made with big hunks of bacon and pork shoulder.  I went there just for the beans.

View Quote

Is that El Patron ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you dim whitted or just retarded?  I spelled out that we will be eating plenty of Cajun and seafood.  Should I get Cajun for breakfast every day also? We will hit Cafe du Monde one morning and Hurtz donuts another.  Is that acceptable for my trip for you?
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Are you dim whitted or just retarded?  I spelled out that we will be eating plenty of Cajun and seafood.  Should I get Cajun for breakfast every day also? We will hit Cafe du Monde one morning and Hurtz donuts another.  Is that acceptable for my trip for you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like Creole House and MR' Ed's  for cajun and creole
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would never eat anything in New Orleans.  Because I would never set foot in New Orleans. Ever! Fucking shit hole full of criminals too stupid to go to Houston after Katrina.  Thank God for I-12.
View Quote
Good.   Go be miserable somewhere else.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Brother's is the best fried chicken in NOLA
View Quote

Popeyes in the hood is the best Chicken.  Also the fried chicken fest is this weekend. Maybe OP would want to take his kids and enjoy the nice weather we have been having.

But as far as fried chicken goes:

Popeyes>Chubbies>Gus's>Willie mays>Brothers.

Brother's go up the list when its past Midnight as its the only place you're going to get fried chicken at 2am.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
voodoo BBQ is great
View Quote

Probably the worst BBQ in Nola.

LA23>Blue oak>Central city>Frey meat co>Smoked
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't go to the tourist trap called "mother's" for breakfast. It's literally cafeteria food.  For breakfast you may want to try ruby slipper or the vintage uptown.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Popeyes in the hood is the best Chicken.  Also the fried chicken fest is this weekend. Maybe OP would want to take his kids and enjoy the nice weather we have been having.

But as far as fried chicken goes:

Popeyes>Chubbies>Gus's>Willie mays>Brothers.

Brother's go up the list when its past Midnight as its the only place you're going to get fried chicken at 2am.
View Quote

Maybe you are correct but I've had Popeyes hundreds of times.  I don't hardly eat fried food anymore but I want to try new places.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We went to Pizza Delicious.  It was pretty good.  Definitely not the best I've had but good.  It was in a sketchy area and seemed to be a hipster magnet.  One thing you guys need to understand is it would be to expensive to take a family of t to sit down Cajun restaurants every meal.

There's a Gus's Famous Fried Chicken 450ft from the hotel.  Definitely going to try that also.

https://i.postimg.cc/SRCXkx08/11888.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ZRrZqBRT/20220930-182415.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/NMhBY7QJ/20220930-183922.jpg

View Quote

I call that place Pizza Pretentious.

There were at least 3 suggestions in this thread for pizza (all of which are better), and you ignored them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
voodoo BBQ is great

You left out The Joint.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There were at least 3 suggestions in this thread for pizza (all of which are better), and you ignored them.
View Quote

It reminds me of Peter Piper Pizza.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

There was someone here who recommended this place also.  I looked at reviews, pictures, and someone here mentioned it. It was NY style which i wanted
I was happy with it.  Why do people here go out of their way to try and be dicks here? I'll never understand it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@chibajoe

View Quote

You have my attention. So, how about some clues on how to find this place?
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There was someone here who recommended this place also.  I looked at reviews, pictures, and someone here mentioned it. It was NY style which i wanted
I was happy with it.  Why do people here go out of their way to try and be dicks here? I'll never understand it.
View Quote

BTW I didn't ignore anything.  I looked at every place suggested.  I wish I could go to all of them but I don't have time and am ready for seafood.   We are either going to Creole House or the Original French Market Restaurant tonight.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#22]
This thread ain’t right.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top