Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2022 1:26:20 PM EDT
Edit for the tards:  we will be here 5 days and eat every single meal out.  There will be plenty of cajun and seafood.

I'm going to be in New Orleans a few days.  I already have reservations for GW Fins and will go to all sorts of seafood places, and poboy places.

What are the best pizza and Mexican places?  I think i want pizza tonight.  I want to eat like a fat ass for a few days.

We ended up going to Pizza Delicious.  Decent pizza in a sketchy area and seemed like a hipster magnet.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
> Goes to a place chock full of unique culinary delights

> Asks for recommendations for pizza and tacos

WTF bro

edit: I get that you’ll be eating at cajun places but you should be taking it all in.

Best fried tomatoes I’ve ever had were in NOLA.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

WTF bro
View Quote
Yeah OP WTF Over?

FPNI
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

WTF bro
View Quote

Yeah bud.  Gorge yourself on cajun and french , while u can.  Forget pizza
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to have my fill of Cajun food all week guys.  I will eat a lot.  I don't eat pizza or Mexican or any of that unless I have a cheat meal so I loom forward to all of it.

I don't want 15 Cajun meals back to back.  We will hit lots of Cajun places but i want some pizza and some Mexican for two meals.  Change it up.  

GW Fins is the best restaurant in New Orleans and I am going. Let me enjoy simple guilty pleasures also.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Get Cajun, Creole and Vietnamese
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going to have my fill of Cajun food all week guys.  I will eat a lot.  I don't eat pizza or Mexican or any of that unless I have a cheat meal so I loom forward to all of it.

I don't want 15 Cajun meals back to back.  We will hit lots of Cajun places but i want some pizza and some Mexican for two meals.  Change it up.  

GW Fins is the best restaurant in New Orleans and I am going. Let me enjoy simple guilty pleasures also.
View Quote

This is not your thread anymore. CAJUN OR DIE
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]
IIRC.  Mama Rosa's is closed.  Only pizza I ever had in NOLA.   Might try LA Pizza Kitchen.  Woodfired.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
http://mospizzanola.com/

now I want some!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m not sure about the pizza but Paco Jiminez is a damn good Mexican!!! He does great yard work!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
View Quote

Mexican Pizza...
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I would never eat anything in New Orleans.  Because I would never set foot in New Orleans. Ever! Fucking shit hole full of criminals too stupid to go to Houston after Katrina.  Thank God for I-12.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would never eat anything in New Orleans.  Because I would never set foot in New Orleans. Ever! Fucking shit hole full of criminals too stupid to go to Houston after Katrina.  Thank God for I-12.
View Quote

I went on the company dime. It was fun.

Sorry you hate fun.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF bro

@ds3_09

Actually there is a very good pizza place in New Orleans.  It is called Pizza Delicious, it is on Pretty Street in the 9th ward.  It is a rough part of town but the pizza is great.  I worked with engineers from NYC and they said the pizza there is as close to NY pizza you can get.  Go there during the day.  You will think you are in the ghetto by the surroundings and you are in the ghetto but the pizza is real good
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Theo's or Reginelli's was always my favorite when I lived there 15 years ago. If I recall Luke had a pretty good pie too.

I'll probably piss people off by say The Superior is my favorite mexican foot but it's probably the atmosphere mostly...

GW Fins is great or at least was years ago.

Edit: It was Domenica
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#18]
G’s Pizza on Bienville and in the CBD on Howard Ave. is good.  So is Slice on St Charles and Magazine Street Pizza.  None of these places are in French Quarter.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Mexican = https://www.johnnysancheznola.com/

Pizza = https://www.pizzadomenica.com/info
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#20]
You don't eat Mexican food in the state of Louisiana.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Guys, best burger in Rome?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I live in New Orleans.  Am I a criminal too stupid to go to Houston after Katrina?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You don't eat Mexican food in the state of Louisiana.
View Quote

We've got lots of Mexicans here post Katrina.  Best Mexican food in New Orleans is from one of those trucks that hang out around Home Depot and Lowes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Take note boys, this is how you troll.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#25]
there is no good mexican in new orleans
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#26]
da fuq?

Pizza would be del monicos

Taco Johnny Sanzhez

but the best Mexican and pizza  is Casa Garcia in Metairie and Pizza is stellas in metairie
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

bullshit, Casa Garcia
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
da fuq?

Taco Johnny Sanzhez

but the best Mexican and pizza  is Casa Garcia in Metairie and Pizza is stellas in metairie
View Quote

And this guy knows because he stalks the healthy womenz coming and going at these places.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And this guy knows because he stalks the health womenz coming and going at these places.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
da fuq?

Taco Johnny Sanzhez

And this guy knows because he stalks the health womenz coming and going at these places.

Damn right....I treat em right...Bring them shopping at lane bryant and torrid, hit up the food court for Great American Cookie Co, then bring them out to eat.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

bullshit, Casa Garcia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit, Casa Garcia

+ 1 for Casa Garcia
Would have recommended it, but OP said New Orleans and CG is borderline Metairie/Kenner.

Johnny Sanchez is good shit and reasonably priced. That Master Chef judge knows how to cook.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I like Pizza Hut Detroit Pizza and Taco Bell.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

+ 1 for Casa Garcia
Would have recommended it, but OP said New Orleans and CG is borderline Metairie/Kenner.

Johnny Sanchez is good shit and reasonably priced. That Master Chef judge knows how to cook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit, Casa Garcia

+ 1 for Casa Garcia

He can hit it up on his was from the aeroporte to the down town
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Juan's Flying Burrito on Magazine is good.
I also like Reginellis on Magazine.

Parents live in the Garden District so I ear there a lot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
http://mospizzanola.com/

now I want some!
View Quote

Came to post this
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you one of those new troll accounts setting out to start shit.....cause you're about to start some shit....
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm going to be in New Orleans a few days.  I already have reservations for GW Fins and will go to all sorts of seafood places, and poboy places.

What are the best pizza and Mexican places?  I think i want pizza tonight.  I want to eat like a fat ass for a few days.
View Quote

Your questions make me doubt what you really know about Mexican food.  Much less pizza.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#37]
https://www.ancorapizza.com

Attachment Attached File

Thank me later.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I live in New Orleans.  Am I a criminal too stupid to go to Houston after Katrina?
View Quote

Same. My siblings live in Houston though, but moved there before Katrina!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Your questions make me doubt what you really know about Mexican food.  Much less pizza.
View Quote

Am I supposed to give a fuck?  I'm not really sure.  I live in Mobile and I know all the good seafood and Cajun places but I don't know what non Cajun places are good around New Orleans.

I like neopolitan and new york style pizza the best.  I track macros and have a bodybuilding coach so i rarely eat that stuff anymore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what the guy that installed my carpet said. He said it isn't real Mexican b/c the owners are Honduran!!!

That being said, popular mexican places: Rum House, Velvet Catus, El paso, and Johnny Sanchez.

Pizza: Mo's, Theo's, Pizza Domenica, Reginelli's, Blaze pizza, Mello Mushroom.

I live in NOLA, and don't really visit any of those places, b/c there's a lot of better things to eat than pizza or mexican (I'm not a fan of mexican but if you are I understand why you would want to go).
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Juan's Flying Burrito on Magazine is good.
I also like Reginellis on Magazine.

Parents live in the Garden District so I ear there a lot.
View Quote

Juan's isn't Mexican (more like "Mexican inspired"), and the one on Magazine is the worst Juan's.  If you're just have to go, go to the one on Carrolton.

Personally, I like the El Paso Grill in Chalmette, but OP requested New Orleans.

ETA: there are some really good Spanish restaurants in NO (Lola's being my favorite), but I can't really think of an authentic Mexican restaurant... although there's this really sketchy looking joint on Elysian Fields right before the I10 overpass that I've been itching to try out.  It looks like the kind of shithole that would have really good food.

Or that will give you dysentery; probably both.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#44]
There is a sbarros right off causeway blvd.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Juan's isn't Mexican (more like "Mexican inspired"), and the one on Magazine is the worst Juan's.  If you're just have to go, go to the one on Carrolton.

Personally, I like the El Paso Grill in Chalmette, but OP requested New Orleans.

ETA: there are some really good Spanish restaurants in NO (Lola's being my favorite), but I can't really think of an authentic Mexican restaurant... although there's this really sketchy looking joint on Elysian Fields right before the I10 overpass that I've been itching to try out.  It looks like the kind of shithole that would have really good food.

Or that will give you dysentery; probably both.
View Quote

Sounds like you need to try Casa Garcia
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Best Mexican cuisine in New Orleans is celebrity tv chef from Chopped, Chef Aaron Sanchez's place called Johnny Sanchez on Poydras near the Superdome.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're in luck, Taco Bell just brought back the Mexican pizza.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Murder capital of the USA, and your thinking Pizza?

Whatever, if I had to go there, I’d order room service or pizza delivered.

That place sucks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Pizza dominica on magazine street
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#50]
when i went to college, it was at the Boot on Broadway for pizza.  there was a good poboy joint if you wanted a 3ft long poboy off Washington, I believe and it was cheap. it was inside a small convenience store, almost to St. Charles.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top