Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 4
Next Page
9/26/2026 3:42:05 PM EDT
Without feeling like you’re going to blow your dick off?
Today is day number one, carrying my Echelon 4.0 in a Tenicore Velo. Pretty comfortable! Just have this thought in the back of my mind.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9/26/2026 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I would, with a modern pistol and quality holster, except I'm a fat piece of shit. So, 3 O' Clock carry for me.
I've met cats and dogs smarter than Cory and Trevor.
9/26/2026 3:47:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Windustsearch][Edited] [#2]
No, not really even with a DA/SA even though I just throw one in my pocket.  Especially not with anything striker fired.
9/26/2026 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]


9/26/2026 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country.
~John Adams
9/26/2026 3:52:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arkturus][Edited] [#5]
If I didn't trust a gun, I wouldn't' carry the gun in any way.  If I trust the gun, it doesn't matter what it's pointing at.

I either trust it or I don't.
9/26/2026 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry a Glock.  I am 100% comfortable with my gun pointing at my junk.
I can’t stand it to think my life is going so fast and I’m not really living it.
9/26/2026 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I am comfortable with the gun pointing at my junk but not comfortable with my beer gut smashed against it.
9/26/2026 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Affirmative
9/26/2026 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m 100% comfortable for anybody that wants to carry that way. I don’t.
9/26/2026 3:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72][Edited] [#10]
It's been my preferred method of carry for the past decade. It's the best way for me to conceal while wearing shorts and a t shirt. Although we are just about in full size duty gun OWB with two reloads season.
9/26/2026 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm tall and skinny. It's the only way I can carry and not print.
9/26/2026 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#12]
yes
9/26/2026 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#13]
After 30 years of it, I hope so.
Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
"Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.
9/26/2026 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, and not only for pistols

Attached File
"Freedom is a messy business." - LaRue_Tactical

I am a sack of blood, held together by un-tanned leather. . .
9/26/2026 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Tried, it was uncomfortable for me. I mostly just pocket carry a LCP Max around our property or on short trips to town. If I'm going into the city I'll have G45 at 4 o'clock and a reload.

Carry however you feel is most comfortable, but always be carrying.  Tape it to your dick if you want. People that try to convince other people to do what they do because they really like it so much are tiresome. Do what's best for you.
9/26/2026 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes it's my favorite way to carry.

Glock 19, S&W Shield, or J-frame.
9/26/2026 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I`ve carried a S&W J frame airweight like that for years- lets me conceal it well and is very comfortable- don`t have to shift it around getting in and out the car going from standing to sitting and back- never worried about it
9/26/2026 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
No.

And I'm struggling with how to approach it for a new 'practical' program I'm helping to get off the ground.

In the past it was easy to say ~ any holster that holds the gun securely and covers the trigger, in any position/location that doesn't cause the gun to be pointed at any part of anyone's body during the presentation or reholstering.

Yes it is fast and now ubiquitous.

Yes I am now old.
Not a day passes over the earth, but men and women of no note do great deeds, speak great words, and suffer noble sorrows. Charles Reade
9/26/2026 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#19]
After many thousands of dry reps over years without an unwanted click, yeah. Even better that I don't monkey with it when it's hot.
9/26/2026 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Arkturus:
If I didn't trust a gun, I wouldn't' carry the gun in any way.  If I trust the gun, it doesn't matter what it's pointing at.

I either trust it or I don't.
View Quote

I'm assuming you mean what it's pointing at in the holster?
9/26/2026 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By colklink:
I would, with a modern pistol and quality holster, except I'm a fat piece of shit. So, 3 O' Clock carry for me.
View Quote

9/26/2026 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep, carrying my Shield X appendix as I type.  

Side note: if you’re new to AIWB, do yourself a favor and get a Hunter Constantine belt.  So comfortable and eliminated the back pain I was getting from carrying.
9/26/2026 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#23]
No.
I don't like guns pointing at my junk.
9/26/2026 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes…vedder with a g19…. Also I do not own any Sigs
9/26/2026 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#25]
No. I prefer 3 o'clock since that's how I've always carried and shot in competition. I believe it's more sound for everyday carry as it gives you an option to turn your gun side away from threat and draw.
9/26/2026 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Perfectly fine carrying my G48 appendix, but usually opt for 3:00. More comfortable to me.
9/26/2026 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Never carried like that. Muscle memory has me using an IWB behind the right hip. Been doing it like that for a long time. Works for me. Not going to change.
I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me and say "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
9/26/2026 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#28]
-100% comfortable, so I don't.
Just the thought of it gives me the heebee-jeebees.
Tom Sawyer.

"If The Rules brought us to this, what use are they?"
9/26/2026 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I did an entire training day with a high speed unit and those are the holsters they had at had. I did it; I was pretty cautious on the admin reholster.

Also tried it with instructor’s Staccato when doing my handgun qual for CPL here (I don’t agree with it, but state requirement).

Still don’t love it.
9/26/2026 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#30]
No, I like Mr. Wiggley and the boys too much.
9/26/2026 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes and that’s saying something because I used to appendix a M17
9/26/2026 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#32]
To be perfectly honest I primarily carry revolvers and 1911s. When I do carry my g19 I utilize a scd.
Do Good
Be Dangerous
Live Free
9/26/2026 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#33]
FPNI for me too
Been called many things: Asshole, hey you, Boats and a few others. The one I cherish is when a Marine called me "Doc"
9/26/2026 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, DA/SA P30sk or P2000 only though, nothing striker fired.
9/26/2026 4:30:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-][Edited] [#35]
No. Not only do I not like a pistol pointed at my junk, I like the consistency of draw location whether it be concealed carrying, open competition, or in the woods.
9/26/2026 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#36]
The popularity of 'junk-point' carry declines in direct proportion to AIWB users discovering just how uncomfortable it is throughout a day of activity.

That decline accelerates with each documented incident of a ND or a spontaneous discharge involving a striker-fired pistol in which the AIWB user was instantly de-nutted.



9/26/2026 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Tried it, didn’t like it

I’ll stick with what is more comfortable to me
Do you see me, Toecutter?
9/26/2026 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Nope.
Find around and fuck out.
9/26/2026 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I am good with my CZ75 P01. De-cocked  with a round in the chamber.
9/26/2026 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Been doing it in one form or fashion for 30 years; no issue.
-Women should always wear tight clothes and men should carry powerful handguns
9/26/2026 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By esdunbar:
Yep, carrying my Shield X appendix as I type.  

Side note: if you’re new to AIWB, do yourself a favor and get a Hunter Constantine belt.  So comfortable and eliminated the back pain I was getting from carrying.
View Quote

I like the Constantine belt. But I really like that these are only $35 and do the same thing for me: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DWMC2HB9?psc=1
9/26/2026 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Been about 15 years now with a glock Gen3.
9/26/2026 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:
Yep, carrying my Shield X appendix as I type.  

Side note: if you’re new to AIWB, do yourself a favor and get a Hunter Constantine belt.  So comfortable and eliminated the back pain I was getting from carrying.
View Quote

@esdunbar

Funny you say that. Ordered one on Thursday and should have it this coming week.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9/26/2026 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#44]
I can't afford to shoot any of my dick off, I don't have much to spare.
9/26/2026 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I would be if it were not for my fuel tank for sex being in the way.
9/26/2026 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm an OEM female. Appendix carry is how I carried on body.
9/26/2026 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#47]
For decades I have done 90% pocket holster and 10% 3 o'clock.  Until recently now that I'm normal weight.  AIWB and I don't worry mostly.  Draws at the range are fantastic compared to pocket. Switched to optics too.  I'm senior badass now.
9/26/2026 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Are you faster than with a strong side at 3 or 4 o'clock?

Did you use a timer and test it with various drills including reloads?
What we've got here is a failure to communicate.
9/26/2026 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Towely:
I can't afford to shoot any of my dick off, I don't have much to spare.
View Quote


Hey look, it's a cock but smaller!
9/26/2026 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Nope. I’ve got a beer gut and it gets in the way.
Freedom and Justice come out of a box. Sometimes it is a Jury box. Sometimes it is a Ballot box. Other times it has to come from a Cartridge box!

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 4
Next Page