Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
10/10/2020 9:31:59 AM EDT
Listening to the radio this morning post Hurricane Delta.

The NPR story was about How the Gun Controlling Gun Grabbers are very upset at the prospect of ACB Amy Coney Barrett being on the SCOTUS.

They are expressing how they fear she will undercut and unroll some Gun Control Laws and would be a Solid Second Amendment Vote if cases were to come to the SCOTUS.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/09/921713631/gun-control-groups-voice-grave-concerns-about-supreme-court-nominee-s-record

I'm SOLD!   Sign her Up!!

BIGGER_HAMMER



10/10/2020 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Let's fucking go, Mitch. Where's your fucking cocaine?
10/10/2020 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#2]
ACB .... it's easy as 123.
10/10/2020 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Quoted:
Let's fucking go, Mitch. Where's your fucking cocaine?
View Quote


New shipment comes in on Monday...
10/10/2020 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#4]
It's scared.
10/10/2020 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope she has 24/7 personal security.
10/10/2020 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Quoted:
Let's fucking go, Mitch. Where's your fucking cocaine?
View Quote


He's all out, which leaves only one thing left to do...
10/10/2020 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Quoted:


He's all out, which leaves only one thing left to do...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's fucking go, Mitch. Where's your fucking cocaine?


He's all out, which leaves only one thing left to do...

Confirm Mother Fucking SCOTUS Justices.
10/10/2020 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Wood....

Vote her in.
10/10/2020 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Is she even going to be confirmed in? Let's go already.
10/10/2020 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:
ACB .... it's easy as 123.
View Quote


132
10/10/2020 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#11]
While I am happy ACB seems to be a solid pro 2A vote, I am eyeing the current conservative justices wondering who will pull a Roberts and suddenly become a reliable leftist vote.

It is almost like there is an unspoken agreement that no matter what the political makeup of the court is, it always leans left.

I was listening to Ted Cruz promoting his book about SCOTUS and he was saying that something like 50% of "conservative" justices nominated by Republican presidents have turned hard left as soon as they were seated.
And 0% of the liberal justices nominated by Democrat presidents have suddenly turned right.

10/10/2020 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:
ACB .... it's easy as 123.
View Quote


Damn you..... that put that stupid Jackson 5 song in my head. MAKE IT STOP!

Oh, and when the hell are they going to vote on her?

10/10/2020 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#13]
"We only started banning machine guns from civilian hands in the 1980s," Winkler said. "Does that mean that there's a constitutional right to have machine guns because there's no strong historical precedent for banning those weapons?"
View Quote


yes
10/10/2020 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:
While I am happy ACB seems to be a solid pro 2A vote, I am eyeing the current conservative justices wondering who will pull a Roberts and suddenly become a reliable leftist vote.

It is almost like there is an unspoken agreement that no matter what the political makeup of the court is, it always leans left.

I was listening to Ted Cruz promoting his book about SCOTUS and he was saying that something like 50% of "conservative" justices nominated by Republican presidents have turned hard left as soon as they were seated.
And 0% of the liberal justices nominated by Democrat presidents have suddenly turned right.

View Quote


The troof, and it's very frustrating.  

Then again, we have to understand that law school really twists the minds of many (but not all) that graduate.  The final product in many cases is not unlike a "hired gun" that can argue a case either way with no real conviction for one side or other.

Would Judge Benitez turn on us were he to be hypothetically nominated for, and subsequently confirmed to the USSC?  Probably not since he seems to have a strong record of ruling in our favor, but you never really know what they are thinking when they strike down or uphold something.
10/14/2020 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I am SO digging her!

When she gets on the SCOTUS, The Gun Haters won't be Happy at all!!  

That's a GOOD THING!!
10/14/2020 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Anything that scares people wanting to take away rights sounds great.
10/14/2020 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#17]
She is wicked smart.
10/14/2020 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#18]
May they all follow the example of Jerry Nadler, and poop their pants.
10/14/2020 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:
She is wicked smart.
View Quote


I’ve been able to watch some of the hearings. Not only is she knowledgeable, but she must have an eidetic memory to so easily recall the nuance of many the cases she is being questioned about. Her answers have gone into procedural details on several occasions that I have gotten to see.

10/14/2020 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Attached File
10/14/2020 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:
(Snip)
I was listening to Ted Cruz promoting his book about SCOTUS and he was saying that something like 50% of "conservative" justices nominated by Republican presidents have turned hard left as soon as they were seated.
And 0% of the liberal justices nominated by Democrat presidents have suddenly turned right.

View Quote
Years and years ago I heard someone (A political commentator) offer a hypothesis about that.  The basic idea was that their wives (And in some cases children) pushed them left after realizing that they would pretty much be boycotted by the DC "elites" if hubby/dad stayed too true to his conservative ideals.  No invitations to parties, openings, ceremonies etc.  They just get cut off from most of the social scene around them and that's very hard on some of them.

Members of the royal family dining at Sen. Shitsuckers house tonight? Yeah, you ain't invited.  A Luncheon with several Nobel Laureates?  Yeah, you ain't goin' to that one either.  You just sit there at home and watch re-runs of Blue Planet for the hundredth time and maybe (Probably not though) we'll invite you to "something" "sometime".

I could see where that might be tough for someone (Who may have had a very busy social life as the wife of a federal judge) to adjust to.  I dunno, it makes as much sense to me as to why so many of "our" folks seem to veer left so fast.
10/14/2020 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Let's be honest with ourselves here. Gun grabbers are afraid of the NRA too. Leftist idiots having fear of something doesn't in and of itself legitimize that fear.
10/14/2020 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd feel much better about 2nd Amendment cases coming up soon having her on the SCOTUS, especially as "Chief Judge" Roberts has gone "McCain" (flipped to voting for the enemy) against our rights so often.

Trump winning in November and then putting say Ted Cruz on the SCOTUS and then bringing up the Militia & 2nd Amendment would ROCK!!!  

10/14/2020 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Quoted:
While I am happy ACB seems to be a solid pro 2A vote, I am eyeing the current conservative justices wondering who will pull a Roberts and suddenly become a reliable leftist vote.

It is almost like there is an unspoken agreement that no matter what the political makeup of the court is, it always leans left.

I was listening to Ted Cruz promoting his book about SCOTUS and he was saying that something like 50% of "conservative" justices nominated by Republican presidents have turned hard left as soon as they were seated.
And 0% of the liberal justices nominated by Democrat presidents have suddenly turned right.

View Quote


Excepr for Thomas & Scalia, he's rather correct.  Sadly.
10/14/2020 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Quoted:
While I am happy ACB seems to be a solid pro 2A vote, I am eyeing the current conservative justices wondering who will pull a Roberts and suddenly become a reliable leftist vote.

It is almost like there is an unspoken agreement that no matter what the political makeup of the court is, it always leans left.

I was listening to Ted Cruz promoting his book about SCOTUS and he was saying that something like 50% of "conservative" justices nominated by Republican presidents have turned hard left as soon as they were seated.
And 0% of the liberal justices nominated by Democrat presidents have suddenly turned right.

View Quote

It's all theater. The promise of gun rights return, the promise of ending abortion... and nothing happens.
10/15/2020 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:

It's all theater. The promise of gun rights return, the promise of ending abortion... and nothing happens.
View Quote



Lots CAN Happen, and if we don't keep the Courts from local to SCOTUS, what can happen would be VERY BAD for Us...

So with THREE new Justices on SCOTUS in his first term, we are SO Blessed that Trump won in 2016.  

If Hillary had put HER 3 Commie picks on the SCOTUS, we'd already have had to surrender our firearms and we'd be in Cattle Cars headed toward the Reeducation (or Removal!) Camps...

Just Saying...

BIGGER_HAMMER
10/15/2020 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:



Lots CAN Happen, and if we don't keep the Courts from local to SCOTUS, what can happen would be VERY BAD for Us...

So with THREE new Justices on SCOTUS in his first term, we are SO Blessed that Trump won in 2016.  

If Hillary had put HER 3 Commie picks on the SCOTUS, we'd already have had to surrender our firearms and we'd be in Cattle Cars headed toward the Reeducation (or Removal!) Camps...

Just Saying...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all theater. The promise of gun rights return, the promise of ending abortion... and nothing happens.



Lots CAN Happen, and if we don't keep the Courts from local to SCOTUS, what can happen would be VERY BAD for Us...

So with THREE new Justices on SCOTUS in his first term, we are SO Blessed that Trump won in 2016.  

If Hillary had put HER 3 Commie picks on the SCOTUS, we'd already have had to surrender our firearms and we'd be in Cattle Cars headed toward the Reeducation (or Removal!) Camps...

Just Saying...

BIGGER_HAMMER

Never get on the train.  If it ever reaches that point you're free.   There are no consequences worse than what they're about to do to you.
10/15/2020 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:
While I am happy ACB seems to be a solid pro 2A vote, I am eyeing the current conservative justices wondering who will pull a Roberts and suddenly become a reliable leftist vote.

It is almost like there is an unspoken agreement that no matter what the political makeup of the court is, it always leans left.

I was listening to Ted Cruz promoting his book about SCOTUS and he was saying that something like 50% of "conservative" justices nominated by Republican presidents have turned hard left as soon as they were seated.
And 0% of the liberal justices nominated by Democrat presidents have suddenly turned right.

View Quote
I pray that nothing like that happens now. I'm sick and tired of all this left leaning bullshit


10/15/2020 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:

Never get on the train.  If it ever reaches that point you're free.   There are no consequences worse than what they're about to do to you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all theater. The promise of gun rights return, the promise of ending abortion... and nothing happens.



Lots CAN Happen, and if we don't keep the Courts from local to SCOTUS, what can happen would be VERY BAD for Us...

So with THREE new Justices on SCOTUS in his first term, we are SO Blessed that Trump won in 2016.  

If Hillary had put HER 3 Commie picks on the SCOTUS, we'd already have had to surrender our firearms and we'd be in Cattle Cars headed toward the Reeducation (or Removal!) Camps...

Just Saying...

BIGGER_HAMMER

Never get on the train.  If it ever reaches that point you're free.   There are no consequences worse than what they're about to do to you.



I've seen those 'scripts' before and how it turns out for those who willingly go.  

I'm NOT 'going gentle' into any gulag or 'dark good night' ...
10/15/2020 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:



I've seen those 'scripts' before and how it turns out for those who willingly go.  

I'm NOT 'going gentle' into any gulag or 'dark good night' ...
View Quote
Agree 100%

10/15/2020 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#31]
10/15/2020 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:


I’ve been able to watch some of the hearings. Not only is she knowledgeable, but she must have an eidetic memory to so easily recall the nuance of many the cases she is being questioned about. Her answers have gone into procedural details on several occasions that I have gotten to see.

View Quote


I learned a new word today.

I'm cautiously optimistic about ACB.
10/15/2020 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Barret is intelligent and incredibly accomplished.

NEVER forget that she is also a lifer.
THE GAME is her life. She is about to become a Gatekeeper in THE GAME.

She is not like you. She is not like me.
Our interests are not hers.

Of one thing you can be certain: she will NOT betray THE GAME.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In