Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2022 12:50:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riter]
Survivors of Merrill's Marauders talk about their experience of fighting the Japanese behind the lines in Burma.  I know I wouldn't have survived and one of those jungle diseases would have killed me before any Japanese did.  I wasn't aware that a Japanese speaking Nisei was in that unit (probably for intelligence or interrogation).  Roy Matsumoto would even penetrate Japanese lines at night, listen to their plans and report back so the Marauders could redeploy in anticipation of the morning attack.  When Japanese attacks stalled because of American firepower, he'd give commands for them to rise and attack; only for the Japanese to be mowed down again.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/CgiziWPPZVK4/

ETA:  Two good first hand accounts include John George's Shots Fired in Action & Hoyt Hilsman's American Guerilla.  Hilsman went onto to become a member of the OSS and liberated his own father from a Japanese PoW camp.  

Personal note:  Hilsman's son allowed me to use a photo of an OSS soldier with a sniper rifle in my book.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
very interesting
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Shots Fired in Anger...IIRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top