Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2013 12:19:18 PM EDT
Hope you all saw this. Its worth a quick read.
22 ways AQ avoids drones by AP news

I woke up this morning to read this and at first thought it was an Onion article then read the translation the AP did. Some of it is pretty funny. You can't hide from us! AQ obviously didnt watch enough comics growing up. We are like Superman and AQ does not posses our kriptonite

So who is up for a trip to AFRICOM (not ARFCOM gun heads haha). Think the President and Sec Def will keep sending people to Africa to fight the GWOT (global war on terror)??? I hope so I need to keep a job
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for later reading.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Article no longer available!

Looks like the Feds had it pulled, to stop American citizens from getting any "funny ideas" when martial law is enacted in October.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
http://theweek.com/article/index/240484/22-ways-al-qaeda-tries-to-avoid-death-by-drone

There it is!  Catch it quick before it scampers away!

Link Posted: 8/23/2013 6:09:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shooter62] [#4]
From the article
    " My expectations have been assured after the recent New York Times leakage that the CIA will handle the situation, and for this, it set up a secret military base for the drones in a neighboring country.*"

Think the CIA station in Bengahzi was doing this, and that was why it was attacked? (a theory is that they attacked the residence to find the CIA station)

ETA: punctuation
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 7:15:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esa17] [#5]
I'm to #3 and I'm laughing my ass off already....Good idea, decorate your car so that it's easy for me to ID in a sea of white corollas.  

The vast majority of those techniques will buy you a few extra seconds at best, they won't result in a clean get away.  The really nice thing is that you're trying those things then it's pretty obvious what you're up to.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Try HERE
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:41:58 AM EDT
[#7]
the most interesting aspects of the article aren't the tactics or techniques advised, but the transparency of their organizational understanding of why we're using them
most interestingly, the human aspect in steering public opinion in support of overseas operations
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top