Site Notices
2022 Cycling Goals (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/11/2022 11:53:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mouthpiece]
I am shooting for 5000 miles in 2022

Post them up for accountability.
I personally do not count trainer miles, but you can count them if you want. I also ride on a trainer when weather or time is restricted.
About 95% of my riding is Road Bike.

Edit. I finished 2021 with just over 3000 miles after startingg riding in June.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 1:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Going for 2,000 here.  

Probably 70% MTB, 30% road.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
This mornings ride

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping for 3,000 this year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll probably gun for 3000 this year. Most will be trainer miles; not doing that really killed my ability to actually do something.

I used to ride my bike to work, which kept my daily mileage on. Job changes killed that and then everything went in the toilet for a couple years.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Getting a ride in before the crummy weather moves in later in the week

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
40 more this morning

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Ended the year with just over 3400.

I'm hoping to hit 3500. Just need for the weather to get a little warmer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:59:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mouthpiece] [#8]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Would like to do a few "destination rides"  -- Monarch Crest ,  Mammoth Mountain Kamikaze downhill (classic course, not the current UCI pro course) , - and be in shape to actually have fun in Bentonville on the up's as well as the downs

--

Im a track cyclist by nature though and just turned 50 , so the overwhelming shadow that looms is to get my fat ass back in shape to do Masters Natz and possibly worlds if they are in California again this year
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm going for 250 hrs this year.  That should avg out to between 2-2.2k miles (unless I can get my speed up...which is the real goal).  I've had to switch over to hours since I will have more stationary bike sessions than outside rides most likely.

More importantly, i want to focus on climbing and increasing my speed.  Need to lose 40-50 lbs, which would make a big difference in that direction.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Keep up the good work!

I am over 50 also.

This weeks tally

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#12]
This year I have committed to losing enough weight to get back to riding my road bike. So for now (the weather also plays into this) I am stuck riding our peloton bike. I did 460 miles for january and am shooting for 500 miles a month until I'm a lot less fat.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By homebaker:
This year I have committed to losing enough weight to get back to riding my road bike. So for now (the weather also plays into this) I am stuck riding our peloton bike. I did 460 miles for january and am shooting for 500 miles a month until I'm a lot less fat.
View Quote

I very much enjoy the Peloton. My January was a bit light on biking, I got the WuFlu and had to take it a bit easy, and I also spent a lot more time running/walking than normal for me. But we'll get there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:22:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Keep up the good work all!!

This week was a bit low on miles with the cold snowy weather moving in.
I did put some miles on the trainer but for me not counted in my yearly goal.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:02:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mouthpiece] [#15]
Keep up the good work everyone!

Last weeks miles were up there considering weather and temp.

Attachment Attached File

This weeks miles not looking that good. I've been sick last couple days. Going to take a few fays off unless i feel better.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Been doing mostly easy stationary bike rides since getting a good dose of covid at the same time I had already been having weird & bad sinus congestion, that was early Feb.  

Did my first couple 20mi outdoor rides last weekend, wend pretty well up to zone 4, but z5 was not a good feeling the couple times I got there.

So, did a half hour HIIT 30/30s on the stationary this morning.  Held back a little, but it went well...my lungs didn't collapse like I thought they might a few weeks ago. So I only have 26 hrs for the year, and I was hoping to have 40 by now.  Oh well, gotta stay with it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm only at 308 for the year, I need to step it up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Keep up the good work everyone!!
I Got sick and didn't ride for a week.
Starting back slowly last week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Getting back into it.
Nicer weather.
Better week but still limited on rides and time..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#20]
961 so far this year.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Starting to warm up a little.
Very busy this week but I got a few miles in.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll never be a cool-weather bike rider, but it warmed up enough today that I started my riding season: 5.5 miles. Yeah, some of you guys do more than that on your lunchbreaks. My needs/goals are probably a bit different.

Hoping to hit 750 miles this year.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I am getting close to back on schedule for 9k miles this year...not that is really makes a huge deal.

This weekend did a strong team ride and looks like I am nearly back to good spring fitness for my first "real" race this next week for the season.  Will be a Crit/RR so we will see.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Fourman:
I am getting close to back on schedule for 9k miles this year...not that is really makes a huge deal.

This weekend did a strong team ride and looks like I am nearly back to good spring fitness for my first "real" race this next week for the season.  Will be a Crit/RR so we will see.
View Quote

9K is pretty amazing.
A few of the guys I have ridden with are already 2k+

Good week for me

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mouthpiece:

9K is pretty amazing.

Good week for me

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/155838/DFB9443D-9867-408F-B36A-4C8CBE138BF6_png-2329730.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

9K is pretty amazing.

Good week for me

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/155838/DFB9443D-9867-408F-B36A-4C8CBE138BF6_png-2329730.JPG
I am 16 miles under 2k right now lol
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Did the Dogwood race this last weekend with my team.  I raced the Cat 3/4 both criterium and road race.

In the Crit I was in the leading pack most of the race (60 minutes) but I did do an early attack with another racer (NightOwls guy) which I did not know they changed their kit....so that kinda screwed up my plan.  You see NightOwls and VIVIS where the two major teams out this weekend and I was looking to use them...so my attack was too early for that.  At the end I finished in the pack and got 18th.  This gave some points for our team in the Texas Triple Crown.  My teammate in the race finished right in front of me.  Did 42 loops, average speed was 25.5mph for the race. about 50 started.

For the Road race, it was 67 miles with two small hills...so fast. The course was 6.7 miles so 10 laps for the race.  We got to start at 0800 so we got our race done before the heat which was very nice.  I stayed with the pack the whole time and just was looking for the last 300-200 meters....however to my surprise most started to attack/sprint at 400 out...so I missed some leadouts from racer traffic in front of me.  I sprinted slowly in and got....18th again lol.  10 laps, average speed 24.4, about 45 started.

Overall I got 25th which was not bad for the first major race this year for me.

In two weeks Crockett Stage race is up next.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#27]
@Fourman
That is awesome.
How do I build up long distance speed?

Was out of town and Didn't get many miles Last week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Good week for me. Started slow And finished strong.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#29]
@Fourman
That is awesome.
How do I build up long distance speed?

Was out of town and Didn't get many miles Last week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/155838/BDC420BE-914D-4B89-90D8-D4F8832A0EF0_png-2337564.JPG
View Quote
To be honest to get miles one must do miles.  Start in small bits and just keep adding more on.  Ride every day not just weekend stuff...however have one maybe two scheduled days off.  Mine are normally Monday and Friday...but many times I ride anyway if I feel good..or at least a light ride.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Pretty good week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#31]
It appears I have been summoned.

Weather has been "oppressive" so far this spring.  Riding when I can.

Strava has this posted so far for 2022:

Distance 692.2 mi
Time 68h 33m
Elev Gain 41,457 ft
Rides 53

90% of this is either snow or dirt.   Once it stops raining, snowing, and thaws I should be able to start cranking out 100+ miles a week until October time frame.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm at 556 miles. I've been spending a lot more time on the treadmill* than on the bike lately.

I probably need a rest day or two to feel better but I have an 'every day in April' challenge going on so... May 1 will be a rest day.

*-90% of my treadmill time is walking because I'm too sore to do anything else so I walk for an hour and watch Youtube.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Good job you all.

Sunday rained so I decided to have a rest day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Road 6 days last week, took thursday off and Today was a rest day.

Put in a bunch of miles last week since it is gonna rain this week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Couple fair weeks, keep working everyone!!

2 weeks ago
Attachment Attached File

Couple rides

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Last week
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#36]
1300 miles for the year. I have a 100mile gravel race in Emporia Kansas in 2 weeks
I'll get back on track or die trying
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:54:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By VoodooChile:
1300 miles for the year. I have a 100mile gravel race in Emporia Kansas in 2 weeks
I'll get back on track or die trying
View Quote

Good luck. Let me know how it goes!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Raced Houston Grand this weekend.   I got 18th out of what I have been told out of 80ish.  Cat 3/4 race with nice wreck on 2 laps to go and they hit my handlebar good in it.

Overall so far this year I have 3224 miles under my belt...one more big race next month....Tulsa Tough then I need to relax some and let my foot heal...been having pain issues with it for the last month.

Here is a short front/rear view of the wreck this weekend:

2022 Houston Grand Wreck in Cat 3/4

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Raced Houston Grand this weekend.   I got 18th out of what I have been told out of 80ish.  Cat 3/4 race with nice wreck on 2 laps to go and they hit my handlebar good in it.

Overall so far this year I have 3224 miles under my belt...one more big race next month....Tulsa Tough then I need to relax some and let my foot heal...been having pain issues with it for the last month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOHbyNeeuwI
View Quote

I'll be in Tulsa as well. I'll do the Saturday race. The cycling community in your area talking much about that whole Colin/moriah situation?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Wow! Good vid.
I thought about signing up for tulsa tough but I've never raced and don't have a clue.

Message me when you come to town, maybe we can get together.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#41]

I'll be in Tulsa as well. I'll do the Saturday race. The cycling community in your area talking much about that whole Colin/moriah situation?
View All Quotes

Been quite however I see sponsors are dropping him like a hot rock:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sponsors-drop-strickland-after-his-admitted-proximity-to-wilsons-shooting-death/

Rumors he was very much a ladies man.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#42]
oh I did finally get my Crockett Stage Race Crit video done...

That stage race was a complete cluster....we got final results 2 weeks after the race....chip errors and just total crazy.

In this crit huge wreck in the last lap really messed things up...I think final results in the crit I got 6th.  The next day was the road race and I was sick...

The ITT in the morning before the crit I was around 18-20th or so.

2022 Crockett Stage Race Criterium, Cat 3/4

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#43]

That stage race was a complete cluster....we got final results 2 weeks after the race....chip errors and just total crazy.

In this crit huge wreck in the last lap really messed things up...I think final results in the crit I got 6th.  The next day was the road race and I was sick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkm0ESEOTK4
View Quote

Wow, those stats are impressive. Up to 600 w, 20-30mph...
Yeah, I guess i will just continue riding a bike for excercise.
It takes me 3-6 months to recover from a crash
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkm0ESEOTK4

yeah I was looking at this weekend's stats and I held 861 watts for 10 seconds...700 watts for 15 seconds, 523 watts for 30 seconds....yeah pushed them watts.

The Crockett Crit I did: 809/722/618  so looks like both of those races I was pushing the watts.

Crits are more my type of race since they are under an hour....road races are 2-3 hours which just kill me.  

Last year's Tulsa Tough Saturday I did: 671/628/461 and Sunday 845/754/635  so looks like Sunday is much harder...which is Crybaby Hill....

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Good luck. Let me know how it goes!
View Quote

Thanks..I just heard Peter Sagan is coming over to do the 100 as well. I'm a little Star struck as I used to watch him when I first got into cycling
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:43:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fourman] [#46]
Houston Grand

Houston Grand Criterium 2022 Cat 3/4

Next up is Tulsa Tough
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow!  Impressive!
I wish I could avg 20mph for 20+ miles
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Wow!  Impressive!
View Quote
I should be in Tulsa Thursday evening next week for Tulsa Tough...maybe some beers Thursday and I do need to do a ride Friday.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I should be in Tulsa Thursday evening next week for Tulsa Tough...maybe some beers Thursday and I do need to do a ride Friday.
View All Quotes
Wow!  Impressive!

I'm down for a friday ride.  I have to work thursday night.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Wow!  Impressive!

All good Thursday I will be too tired from driving all day to get there.  I will be up for a ride Friday morning...around noon the family and I plan to go watch the new Top Gun movie around town then watch the races Friday night.  I am staying the the Marriott Aloft in town.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
2022 Cycling Goals (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top