Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

[ARCHIVED THREAD] - Post 2 (Page 330 of 734)

Previous Page
/ 734
Next Page
9/11/2017 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Quoted:
Hi Ken.

I got out of hand, I know it but we have been talking about if anyone has done that so I had to fo for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry Kenions I have been an extreme whore this weekend, please forgive me.  TooBeaucoup egged me on.  I am now gauche.
I am sorry once more I am extremely GAUCHE.I owned an entire PAGE.
WTF!
Hi Ken.

I got out of hand, I know it but we have been talking about if anyone has done that so I had to fo for it.
9/11/2017 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Page 330 is mine!

Back to work now.
9/11/2017 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Quoted:
Page 330 is mine!

Back to work now.
View Quote
Dammit Ken!
9/11/2017 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Do I have to say I own a page,to own it? I got in a hurry and forgot. I'm I a I pad. It's not as easy as a pc.
9/11/2017 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:
Dammit Ken!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page 330 is mine!

Back to work now.
Dammit Ken!

What I win? After 300 plus pages did I get it?Did I? Someone answer me man!
9/11/2017 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Quoted:

What I win? After 300 plus pages did I get it?Did I? Someone answer me man!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page 330 is mine!

Back to work now.
Dammit Ken!

What I win? After 300 plus pages did I get it?Did I? Someone answer me man!
You already own the thread, that is the most important thing.
9/11/2017 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Kenpire, hope everybody is doing well. I've been a bit busy the past few days... training my replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Post 2 is settling back into its slower pace, which is fine by me, its tough to keep up with you guys sometimes. I've been stressing this Hurricane, hopefully everybody in its path is ready, @Ken01 , it looks like it might make it far north enough to even impact you. So far at least, all my family and friends in its path are safe and well. Aside from that, its business as usual for me, work, work, and then work!
9/11/2017 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Whats up to the Kenpire
9/11/2017 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I won't be around much tonight. I've got a big meeting..
9/11/2017 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I also made application for a life membership to my gun club. Right now it's 1125 for a married couple. It's going up to 1500 Jan 1.

Dues are going up to 150 a couple per year, so this makes sense to me.
9/11/2017 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Those are some REAL good range fees. My localish place wants $400 per year, per person for an annual membership
9/11/2017 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#12]
nvm
9/11/2017 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:
I won't be around much tonight. I've got a big meeting..
View Quote
Hope all goes well
9/11/2017 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:
Those are some REAL good range fees. My localish place wants $400 per year, per person for an annual membership
View Quote
Around here, we are one of the higher ones... but we have a world class facility and awesome grounds keeping equipment and our crews do a fantastic job of keeping the place looking great.  Even in the winter, all of our roads are plowed within hours of a snowstorm.  We have a clubhouse, but no bar and thats the way we want to keep it.  We have other sources of income and I know that keeps it low, for what we get. The club subsidizes all shooting events, all youth and adult programs. For instance, I can go out there and shoot a CMP Match, use a club owned Garand and buy 60 rounds of 30.06 from them and targets for the match and pay my match fee  for $26 total.  Its crazy shit like that, that makes our club awesome.
9/11/2017 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Every now and again i venture in here and get a chuckle.  link to funny shit.
9/11/2017 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:
Hope all goes well
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I won't be around much tonight. I've got a big meeting..
Hope all goes well
I'll give you 3 guesses as to what im doing.
9/11/2017 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Had a fun day at school.  

Somebody brought in four bags of brass for reloading.  So to distribute it, I asked questions and the winner got to pick which brass he wanted.

First question:  What is the main advantage of the metallic cartridge?  The black powder guy got that immediately.
Second:  What major rifle was experimentally converted to bull pup?  A lot of wrong answers before lucky guesser won.
Third:  Which nation designed a flame throwing bayonet?  Almost everyone said Germany.  Nope.  After a while, a lucky guesser won.
Fourth:  Who designed the floating chamber?

The fourth one I had to give a hint and said, "C'mon guys, there's a Jimmy Stewart movie about him."  . One student finally remembered.  Anyway, I told them they need to spend more time in the library.

One student was working on a foreend and I suggested he get different clamps (bar clamps) as the clamps he had were too heavy.  He glued the crack with accraglass and after allowing some to drip down through the crack, clamped it.

I OK two students to start their projects.  One student needed to test fire his rifle so we went to the "boom room" where we have a Savage bullet snail trap.

Another fellow was trying to disassemble his Rem M721 bolt.  He got it done (tap tap with hammer).  

One did a timed assembly/disassembly and finished in good time.
9/11/2017 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:
Had a fun day at school.  

Somebody brought in four bags of brass for reloading.  So to distribute it, I asked questions and the winner got to pick which brass he wanted.

First question:  What is the main advantage of the metallic cartridge?  The black powder guy got that immediately.
Second:  What major rifle was experimentally converted to bull pup?  A lot of wrong answers before lucky guesser won.
Third:  Which nation designed a flame throwing bayonet?  Almost everyone said Germany.  Nope.  After a while, a lucky guesser won.
Fourth:  Who designed the floating chamber?

The fourth one I had to give a hint and said, "C'mon guys, there's a Jimmy Stewart movie about him."  . One student finally remembered.  Anyway, I told them they need to spend more time in the library.

One student was working on a foreend and I suggested he get different clamps (bar clamps) as the clamps he had were too heavy.  He glued the crack with accraglass and after allowing some to drip down through the crack, clamped it.

I OK two students to start their projects.  One student needed to test fire his rifle so we went to the "boom room" where we have a Savage bullet snail trap.

Another fellow was trying to disassemble his Rem M721 bolt.  He got it done (tap tap with hammer).  

One did a timed assembly/disassembly and finished in good time.
View Quote
I am immensely jealous. I yelled at a specialist for showing up to work late, briefed the OIC on all the things he should already have known, and made some inquiries into my travel home soon here
9/11/2017 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:
Hey Kenpire, hope everybody is doing well. I've been a bit busy the past few days... training my replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Post 2 is settling back into its slower pace, which is fine by me, its tough to keep up with you guys sometimes. I've been stressing this Hurricane, hopefully everybody in its path is ready, @Ken01 , it looks like it might make it far north enough to even impact you. So far at least, all my family and friends in its path are safe and well. Aside from that, its business as usual for me, work, work, and then work!
View Quote
Thanks RT. We will get some rain and maybe some wind. Nothing like those in Florida. All is good. Hey RT I don't know if this thread will still be around when you get back to the world. So a early WELCOME HOME!
9/11/2017 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Quoted:

Thanks RT. We will get some rain and maybe some wind. Nothing like those in Florida. All is good. Hey RT I don't know if this thread will still be around when you get back to the world. So a early WELCOME HOME!
View Quote
Thanks Ken, don't worry, this thread will still be here. Just probably a bit slower than usual
9/11/2017 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:
Thanks Ken, don't worry, this thread will still be here. Just probably a bit slower than usual
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks RT. We will get some rain and maybe some wind. Nothing like those in Florida. All is good. Hey RT I don't know if this thread will still be around when you get back to the world. So a early WELCOME HOME!
Thanks Ken, don't worry, this thread will still be here. Just probably a bit slower than usual
RT dumb question. How far are you from Davidson NC?
9/11/2017 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:


Thanks Ken, don't worry, this thread will still be here. Just probably a bit slower than usual
View Quote
This thread won't die.... Kenions never say die!!!!
9/11/2017 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:

RT dumb question. How far are you from Davidson NC?
View Quote
North of Charolotte? I'd say 4 hours, depending on traffic
9/11/2017 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got back from helping my neighbor out of a stucky situation.

Attached File


Attached File
9/11/2017 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
View Quote
Damn, did the dealer let him trade it for a dodge? I always feel bad when my friends get fords, the regret is always predictable.
9/11/2017 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:


Damn, did the dealer let him trade it for a dodge? I always feel bad when my friends get fords, the regret is always predictable.
View Quote
I am just glad I took the backhoe instead of my f250.

He met me at his camp in his gmc ranch pickup.  That is his Dads 7.3 diesel I dont remember what year model it is.

He has a '16 Dodge 2500 that I have never seen.
9/11/2017 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:
Damn, did the dealer let him trade it for a dodge? I always feel bad when my friends get fords, the regret is always predictable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Damn, did the dealer let him trade it for a dodge? I always feel bad when my friends get fords, the regret is always predictable.
That my friend is operator error, nothing to blame on the blue oval!
9/11/2017 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:



That my friend is operator error, nothing to blame on the blue oval!
View Quote
It was operator error he had 2000 pounds of feed in the back he unloaded some of it into the feeder and put the rest in the back of another pickup.

When you are driving in sand if you start to sink stop pushing to get out with just that vehicle.
9/11/2017 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:
It was operator error he had 2000 pounds of feed in the back he unloaded some of it into the feeder and put the rest in the back of another pickup.

When you are driving in sand if you start to sink stop pushing to get out with just that vehicle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:



That my friend is operator error, nothing to blame on the blue oval!
It was operator error he had 2000 pounds of feed in the back he unloaded some of it into the feeder and put the rest in the back of another pickup.

When you are driving in sand if you start to sink stop pushing to get out with just that vehicle.
And lower the tire pressure to 12 psi.
9/11/2017 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Howdy kenions!!
9/11/2017 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#31]
All kidding aside, I can imagine that sand wasn't very forgiving either, plenty of knowledgable folks could easily get buried in it as well. Smooth on the throttle and keep the weight in your rear would've probably saved him, but, a backhoe makes a good backup plan.
9/11/2017 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Kenions are onion farmers or are they related to Kenyans?
9/11/2017 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Quoted:
Kenions are onion farmers or are they related to Kenyans?
View Quote
Both. We are starving onion farmers who run dupe posts into the ground fast.
9/11/2017 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Quoted:
Kenions are onion farmers or are they related to Kenyans?
View Quote
onion farmers
9/11/2017 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:
onion farmers
View Quote
I'm growing green onions, so that counts for Kenionship, doesn't it?
9/11/2017 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Quoted:


I'm growing green onions, so that counts for Kenionship, doesn't it?
View Quote
I got onions and sweet potatoes growing the rest of my garden burned up.
9/11/2017 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
View Quote
Damn good thing he had those running boards to rest the pickup on or it would have gotten in there pretty deep.

Last time I had a pickup that stuck I was trying to get as close as I could to the JD8650. I was pretty happy that it started when I got to it.
9/11/2017 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:
Damn good thing he had those running boards to rest the pickup on or it would have gotten in there pretty deep.

Last time I had a pickup that stuck I was trying to get as close as I could to the JD8650. I was pretty happy that it started when I got to it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Damn good thing he had those running boards to rest the pickup on or it would have gotten in there pretty deep.

Last time I had a pickup that stuck I was trying to get as close as I could to the JD8650. I was pretty happy that it started when I got to it.
gotta be some swampy ass ground to be using one of these.  
9/11/2017 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Quoted:
Damn good thing he had those running boards to rest the pickup on or it would have gotten in there pretty deep.

Last time I had a pickup that stuck I was trying to get as close as I could to the JD8650. I was pretty happy that it started when I got to it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Damn good thing he had those running boards to rest the pickup on or it would have gotten in there pretty deep.

Last time I had a pickup that stuck I was trying to get as close as I could to the JD8650. I was pretty happy that it started when I got to it.
Dang you got me beat biggest I drove was a JD4650 and a 7240 Case IH.

We used a a Cat 420D tonight.

I picked him up front and back with the bucket and dragged him forty yard.

The backhoe was struggling a bit.

And tire pressure was lowered to 20 psi before I pulled/lifted him out.
9/11/2017 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Quoted:
gotta be some swampy ass ground to be using one of these.   http://www.machinefinder.com/images/machines/99/2744199/4872210_huge.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn good thing he had those running boards to rest the pickup on or it would have gotten in there pretty deep.

Last time I had a pickup that stuck I was trying to get as close as I could to the JD8650. I was pretty happy that it started when I got to it.
gotta be some swampy ass ground to be using one of these.   http://www.machinefinder.com/images/machines/99/2744199/4872210_huge.jpg
Not swampy, just TX panhandle/flyover state areas.

You need one of those to cover serious ground in a single day and get work done.  I wish my Dad would have had one, I could have spent more time chasing tail in H.S.
9/11/2017 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Quoted:

Dang you got me beat biggest I drove was a JD4650 and a 7240 Case IH.

We used a a Cat 420D tonight.

I picked him up front and back with the bucket and dragged him forty yard.

The backhoe was struggling a bit.

And tire pressure was lowered to 20 psi before I pulled/lifted him out.
View Quote
You guys with all your fancy farm equipment... And I still get excited to use a riding lawn mower....
9/11/2017 10:55:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Attached File
Attached File


Second pic because AMERICA.
9/11/2017 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Quoted:


You guys with all your fancy farm equipment... And I still get excited to use a riding lawn mower....
View Quote
STOP POSTING WHILE I POST!
9/11/2017 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Quoted:


You guys with all your fancy farm equipment... And I still get excited to use a riding lawn mower....
View Quote
Not fancy but new then and it is my Dad in the pic.
9/11/2017 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:
You already own the thread, that is the most important thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page 330 is mine!

Back to work now.
Dammit Ken!

What I win? After 300 plus pages did I get it?Did I? Someone answer me man!
You already own the thread, that is the most important thing.
Ken should add somekind of poll since he holds that power.
9/11/2017 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Quoted:


Ken should add somekind of poll since he holds that power.
View Quote
Your some kind of poll.
9/11/2017 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Is that you in the pic Pirkle?
9/11/2017 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:


Is that you in the pic Pirkle?
View Quote
He said it's his dad, you poll.
9/11/2017 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Quoted:
gotta be some swampy ass ground to be using one of these.   http://www.machinefinder.com/images/machines/99/2744199/4872210_huge.jpg
View Quote
That picture brings back memories. Now when I go home the 8650 is the little guy. It's just a lot of ground my fam covers.
9/11/2017 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:

STOP POSTING WHILE I POST!
View Quote



Oops, sorry about that

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 734
Next Page

[ARCHIVED THREAD] - Post 2 (Page 330 of 734)