|
Quoted: Cute, but I’ve never seen a framing hammer that doesn’t have rip claws. You’re juxtaposition should’ve been finish claws vs rip claws. -10 points. Try again. You're right, I should have compared framing hammers and ball peen hammers, which are of course the official hammer of Arfcom. |
|
Lol. They are not as good. But the vast majority of civilian self defense shootings are handled with a handful of rounds and several seconds of time. Obviously better to have and not need. Also obvious that the 2A has no "need" clause. So, recognizing that it is even worth discussing is giving too much credibility to that type of argument. I am plenty well armed with an M1 and 1911 or Smith 19. I choose other things. |
|
Quoted: Because its folks spreading around misinformation and bullshit to new gun owners that get the wrong ideas with their new Marlin 30-30 Lever gun. Quoted: Quoted: Whatever And who cares? Because its folks spreading around misinformation and bullshit to new gun owners that get the wrong ideas with their new Marlin 30-30 Lever gun. A pubic service announcement eh? to all the misinformed new gun owners here... Thank you for your service |
|
Quoted: I don't know what gun forums you were hanging out on before you joined here four days ago, but I've never heard anyone on arfcom say that. Quoted: Quoted: I hear this statement being spewed much more often on gun forums I don't know what gun forums you were hanging out on before you joined here four days ago, but I've never heard anyone on arfcom say that. He’s been in multiple threads intentionally stirring things up, now he’s graduated to straight trolling from the get go... |
|
Quoted: The only thing a lever rifle does well is “be cool”. Everything else about them sucks. Yea, whatever that once breathing thing was that just got quickly turned into a large dead heap will surely know the difference between whether it was a Marlin lever action or a Semi-auto that hit him. And whatever was running away from that dead heap will prefer being hit by a follow up shot from a 30-30 or 45/70 instead of a semi-auto.
|
|
Quoted: The lever gun craze is a fairly recent thing. People who don't shoot much like to circle jerk on them. They are fun for a little bit. Plus the states where you can use straight walled cartridges for deer but not higher powered. Iowa for example. Meh. I can shoot anything from a squirrel to an Elk with my 44 Magnum. Is it as good as an AR? Nope. Is it fun as hell and a fairly capable firearm? Fuck yes. |
|
Quoted: THAT'S WHAT THEY WAHT YOU TO THINK Big Lever is at it again. Attached File |
|
Quoted: So pointing out facts is trolling according to your judgement? Quoted: Quoted: He's been in multiple threads intentionally stirring things up, now he's graduated to straight trolling from the get go... So pointing out facts is trolling according to your judgement? |
|
Quoted: Framing hammers are not just as good as ripping hammers I hear this statement being spewed much more often on construction forums this is really disingenuous and are just boot licking to hammer control. If framing hammers were so great and just as good as ripping hammers why aren't carpenters still only using them since over 80+ years. I see them useful for a nailing studs such as the Estwing 22oz but not for hanging pictures or nailing shingles. Ripping hammers are generally much more versatile/managable than framing hammers which have a textured hammer face that can damage the surface a nail is being driven into. That being said there is nothing wrong with framing hammers if you know there limitations and can accept what they are good at. End Message *I should start CC'ing a hammer... |
|
Quoted: So, what is your regular screen name? As for the rest, I know it's hard to wrap a brain cell around for the Walter Mitty types wasting their life in a deadend job in the city of Boringville, but not all guns are purchased with self defense in mind. You must live in a giant bubble if you don't see how dire the situation is right now with the active infringement overdrive with Biden regime EOs and upcoming legislation that will screw the country even more. |
|
Quoted: Lever action was great until the bump stock ban. Attached File |
|
Quoted: You haven't stated any facts or support four your opinion. Actually, I did by stating that lever actions are more complex machines with small fragile parts that will break much more frequently then most Semi-Auto rifles. And the fact that lever actions are a poor choice for SHTF combat and going against groups of violent thugs or adversaries. I also stated lever action rifles are good for hunting especially defending a camp from bears with a 45-70 guide lever rifle. |
|
Quoted: Actually, I did by stating that lever actions are more complex machines with small fragile parts that will break much more frequently then most Semi-Auto rifles. And the fact that lever actions are a poor choice for SHTF combat and going against groups of violent thugs or adversaries. I also stated lever action rifles are good for hunting especially defending a camp from bears with a 45-70 guide lever rifle. Those are opinions |
|
Would've been better in shouty caps, but it's still a solid post. |
|
Quoted: Would've been better in shouty caps, but it's still a solid post. Quoted: Would've been better in shouty caps, but it's still a solid post. YOU'RE PROBABLY CORRECT! |
|
Quoted: Those are opinions What government agency or Police department still use lever action rifles for patrol and defensive use today? Oh that's right 0 do because they are a terrible choice for defending against violent criminals when there are readily available semi auto AR's instead. |
|
Quoted: What government agency or Police department still use lever action rifles for patrol and defensive use today? Oh that's right 0 do because they are a terrible choice for defending against violent criminals when there are readily available semi auto AR's instead. Understood but who has said lever actions are just as good as semi autos when justifying an anti gun proposal banning semi auto rifles? |
|
Quoted: It was not from this forum. Quoted: Quoted: Understood but who has said lever actions are just as good as semi autos when justifying an anti gun proposal banning semi auto rifles? It was not from this forum. Well whoever said it on another forum was wrong........in fact, almost to the douche bag level of wrong. |

