Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2021 10:49:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sincerd] [#1]
Could be. Jp makes good shit. But by far smoothest thing I've seen was a kynshot with Tubbs flatware. Properly gassed you really won't find any softer shooting. I think it has more to do with the closing of the bolt when the muzzle tips down. The kynshot I absorbs some of that impact. Go find amphibians old post about it. He documented everything very well.

Otherwise tune your ammo, gas block, or port on the barrel to let just enough to cycle. All 3 of these will have the same effect. However switching ammo will change it just the same.

Finally you could try delaying unlocking. Lmt ebcg and the such. Some people are naysayers but I seen where low power ammo wouldn't cycle with, but would without. So it does make some difference.

Then you'll have the flew bro's "dew yew E van lyft bro?"
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm running a Criterion 16" rifle gas with an SLR adjustable gas block, AIM Lightweight BCG, Empty Buffer, and a Geissele braided spring. Super soft shooting and reliability has been great.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Odin adjustable buffer

AR15 comes with 3 aluminum, 3 stainless steel and 1 tungsten weights (Lite: 2.1oz - 4.2oz, Heavy: 3.7oz - 5.8oz)

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 5:33:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: poortrader] [#5]
I run JP  LMOS Rifle buffers for 14.5,16, and 18" barrels along w/ JP LMOS BCG. Adjustable gas on 16/18 but don't remember brand.  That's my secret sauce.

Don't forget get about a muzzle break.  Any is better than nothing.  My preference is JP 3 Port.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the Geissele Super 42 Braided H1 buffer system.  Big noticeable improvement over the standard H1 carbine buffer and spring I had in my lower with Magpul UBR Gen2 stock.  Mostly in noise and smoother felt recoil.  

My match service rifle is only Geissele, Magpul and WhiteOak components. Except for the stock weight that is a Stealth Ballistics I got from WOA. I would recommend a BCG from WOA.  I have over 500 rds on it, and was recently refurbished during a rebarreling at WOA.  All that did out of precaution is replace the cam.  

I have a WhiteOak complete Service Rifle Upper 1-7 twist, Wilson barrel, got over 4000 rds out of the 1st one.
Geissele Lower with Geissele LPK
Geissele High Speed NM Trigger
Magpul UBR Gen 2 with Stealth Ballistics Weight
Geissele Super 42 H1 Buffer system with Braided wire spring
Hi-Lux XTC 4x32 Service Rifle Scope

I forgot the cost of a cantilever scope mount was too high.  I used a Yankee hill rail and Weaver Tactical 30mm mount for the scope, it is hard to find an affordable cantilever mount other than a Raptor at $$$$ that fits the Hi-Lux Scope.  

Setup cost me much, but treats me well.  I shoot the P100 at Perry and quite a few regional sanctioned matches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top