Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2019 1:46:50 PM EDT
So i have been a brass picker for many a year .  recently i was talking to other uspsa shooter about reloading and was surprised that many don't pick up their brass anymore. they say cleaned brass is so cheap that its not worth the time or effort.  looking around the net for cleaned 9 it seems about 3-4 cents a piece.  i do wet cleaning and it quite a bit of work .

i also know a place that will sell you a 5 gallon bucket of brass for $120 uncleaned.  depending on your sources,  there is about 9-10k in 5 gallon bucket  So do you guys still pick up brass or do oyu just buy it these days ?i did not put this in reloading ans many there can not comprehend the amount of ammo many comp shooter shoot in a year.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 3:45:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#1]
Hell yes..unless your rich and moneys no problem. Otgerwise brass = $$
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I pick up brass.  I do not reload.  Maybe someday I will.  So I keep all the 9mm and give the other stuff to guys that will use it.

I try to do my part in keeping the range clean.  It's not unusual for me to get board and run out there for an hour or so to pick up brass, sticks, and weed eat.  It's a private club.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi,I'm bill and I am a brass whore.  Can't stand walking away when there's brass on the ground. I reload mine and give others whats left.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Free is free
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:02:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#5]
I pick up from my practice sessions. Matches I might go back another day and clean up a little bit not always.

I also help run our IDPA matches and if we have a stage without a lot of movement then I’ll put down a tarp where the brass will fall. Some people will grab some from it but it’s a quick and easy way to pick up a few hundred cases without digging through dirt.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eric802] [#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I pick up every piece I find.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Every piece of brass I pick up is one less piece of brass I have to buy and that cuts down the overall cost of my reloads. If I end up with brass for a caliber I don't reload for, I end up giving that to friends of mine that do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top