Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2020 1:30:20 PM EDT
Purposes: use at range as my place is wonky and only has a bench at 25m; it’s a 50m range but all I have even close to my house. I’d like one that can be used standing, seated and prone although the latter isn’t a deal breaker if not able to go that low. Secondary purpose for hog/coyote hunting. In all cases, I want to use up to an AR10 with thermal or heavy NV scope and I want to mount it to the tripod, not just a rest. I don’t prefer the ‘sled’ type or whatever it’s called but rather something I can mount on the pic rail or a grip that tightens down on it.
I like the look of the Hog Saddle but was hoping to spend less than $200 in total. Impossible?

Link Posted: 8/20/2020 11:51:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Snowman38] [#1]
Neewer carbon fiber tripod and Magpul Two slot ARCA Rail.

Edited to add:   If you want to paint the tripod you will need the aluminum with the friction snaps.   The twist tighten carbon fiber locks are too tight for paint.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a ‘hog saddle’ try a BOG, aluminum tripod is $150, carbon fiber $250
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
for standing, I got this one, BOG DeathGrip Tripod, works great. I picked up the carbon fiber one...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KMPZTWG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for bench rest I got this one today, looks and feels great, Caldwell Precision Turret

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07792Z1ZP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top