Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2018 12:07:32 PM EDT
So, I'm getting ready for my first real serious year of competition in 3gun.  I've shot it for 2 years now, and enjoyed it immensely.  So this year (with the permission of the wife...lol) I've been saving up and getting the stuff to really compete.

Previously, I had been running a Benelli Nova Pump, and I'm moving on to a semi-auto this year as it is just slowing me down to much.  I'm aiming to stay in Tac-Irons (or my club shoots call it factory) division.  So I'm going to be going with a Stoeger M3k as it is something that I can actually afford.  I am going to be putting a few bucks into it to mill out the loading port and the lifter.  Maybe if I can find someone to clean up the trigger.  I'll probably polish the feed tube myself, since that I can do.

My problem comes in that I'm finding it hard to find a well known company that has a gunsmith that works on Stoeger's.  For my pistol, I sent it off to Wilson Combat (that one was easy).  But for the shotgun, the only one I've really found so far is Hawkeye Ordnance, and I really don't know much about them.  It is my first entry into the world of competitive shotguns, so I'm kind of treading into new territory here.

Does anyone have any advice on who to go to?  Normally I wouldn't have any problem working on it myself, but when it comes to stuff like cutting into the receiver, I just am not comfortable with that yet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the M3k and besides throwing a mag tube on it they are pretty much ready to go out of the box. You could open the load port up a bit, but I'd try it as is first and see what you think. I ran the Stoeger for almost all of last years season and they just run and run. I'd check out Hayes Custom Guns out of TX for custom work on your shotgun if you do go that route. Those guys are experts with load ports and different mods available. I got a M2 from them last year with their port work / competition package and it's awesome. I always keep the stoeger with me though just in case!
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Keeping it stock is a distinct possibility.  Well, other than adding a mag tube and a little bit of cerakote.  I've been practicing my loading with the pump quite a bit, and while I'm still not fast, I'm getting the technique (speed will come!).
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thomas Hart at MOA Precision is THE guy when it comes to customizing the Stoeger for 3-gun.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:14:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Piledriver2235] [#4]
There's a huge thread on the Enos forum about the m3000/m3k you could check out.
MOA precision does a lot of custom work on them and the posters in that thread seemed happy with the work.
I bought some parts from them, but did the work on my 3000 myself with files and a dremel
MOA Precision

Edit beat by 3 minutes!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply!  MOA seems to be almost exactly what I was looking for...
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If MOA is unresponsive as they were to me, Blair at Hawkeye does top notch work!

Affinity/Stoeger = same.

Link Posted: 3/16/2018 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Hawkeye Ordnance is one of the others I had been looking at alot recently.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SIGFORALL:
If MOA is unresponsive as they were to me, Blair at Hawkeye does top notch work!

Affinity/Stoeger = same.

https://s19.postimg.org/ifmcnwymr/Affinity.jpg

https://s19.postimg.org/cspzq1bf7/Affinity2.jpg
View Quote
Wow.  Clean work.

I just looked at the price.   I think I’ll send mine out to them.  I looked for a local guy/shop to keep the money around, but can’t seem to find anyone.  
I don’t mind spending my money with a company that puts money back into the sport.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Great work.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#10]
hawkeye ordnance did my M1 loading port, did a fantastic job, can't recommend them enough
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top