BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2021 12:53:33 AM EDT
What service rifle scope are you using?
I have some college students interested in service rifle competition
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
No one shoots service rifle with scopes??
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:17:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#2]
Due to cost, I went TR24G instead of .308 ACOG/piggyback RDS.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Started out with a Trijicon TR-24G German number 4 reticle and green dot. Then a Nightforce SR-2 with circle and cross reticle. Currently use a March with the D3 circle and dot reticle.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#4]
March & Nightforce seem to rule SR. For college students presumably on a budget, the Athlon Helos BTR 4.5x works fine.  Its a dedicated SR optic under current rules.  The Freedom Reaper 30mm extreme cantilever mount is as low as you can get a Helos 4.5x.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 8:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mvintx] [#5]
Started with a Leupold MK-AR, then switched to a Leupold FX-II.  Now using a White Oak DMR.  The DMR has a 7.5 moa circle with a small dot in the center like the FX-II.  Only shot a couple of matches with it but I don't think it was worth the $$$ I spent over the FX-II.  I thought the 7.5 moa circle would be the hot setup but it might be a little too small.  Just my opinion.  Beginners might be better off with just a simple crosshair.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushnell AR series scopes are decent and won't break the bank. I have one on my 20" gov't model and shoot NRA/CMP xtc matches with it.
Jon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top