Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 1:43:57 AM EDT
So I just recently purchased a JM Pro. I understand many opinions vary however to me the benefits outweigh the drawbacks and I am not afraid to keep it spotless. After a day of shooting I identified the main weaknesses being the slop in the forward grip, lifter almost ripping off my thumbnail (which I expected) and for lack of better word it felt "clogged" after putting about 300 rounds of #8 Fiocchi target ammo through it. I personally love this gun and am looking for incremental gains in both fit and performance.

In looking around for remedies for the slack in the fore grip ( I was actually looking to replace) I stumbled across OR3GUN and their solutions. They seem like their effectiveness can go one way or another.

What are your opinions on their products? Im not a full on competition shooter and this is definitely a dual purpose gun however they seem to be on the right track to take this gun up a notch in performance and reliability at the same time.

Any feedback, opinions or simply experiences would be much appreciated.

FWIW Im new to this forum and competition shooting but I'm competent in tactical rifle, long gun and pistol. Shotgun is something I am working on because we didn't use them in the military that often.

Best,

Chad
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
They have awesome stuff for the 930. Not many companies out there have worked with them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have just about everything for the 930 made by OR3GUN in my shotgun. About the only thing I don't have is the follower, because my XRail uses a proprietary follower. My 930 runs 100% with lighter loads, and with full power slugs and buckshot. Get one of the package deals from them, it'll save you a lot in the long run. If they don't have a package you like message them on Facebook, and they can do a custom package for you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome! Glad to hear!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: combatpanda] [#4]
Tuflehundon,

Which Specific package do you have? I know without a doubt I want their piece that tightens the forearms.I don't know what classifies as a "light load" but this thing has eaten up #6, #7, #7.5 and some random old shells I had laying around. I haven't put any buckshot at all yet through it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By combatpanda:
Tuflehundon,

Which Specific package do you have? I know without a doubt I want their piece that tightens the forearms.I don't know what classifies as a "light load" but this thing has eaten up #6, #7, #7.5 and some random old shells I had laying around. I haven't put any buckshot at all yet through it.
View Quote

I got my parts as they came out, so I didn't do a package deal. Light loads aren't so much about the shot size, it's about fps. I run 1200fps, but have run as low as 1050fps, which most 930's won't run reliably. I would get the forearm retainer, and the Marine Spacer Tube as a minimum. From there, it depends on how much 3gun, and lighter loads you plan to run.

Their over sized shell release button is the only one I would use on a 930. The 930 uses spring steel for the shell stop, and it has to be heat treated to drill into, and then heat treated again after you are done. Huge pain in the rear. But the OR3GUN version requires no drilling.

I personally have the marine spacer tube, enhanced bolt release, competition forearm retainer, and competition spring retainer. I used the follower until I got my XRail. and I don't use the sight system due to running a red dot on the gun, I took my standard sights off. I am able to run birdshot as low as 1050fps, all the way up to full power slugs at 1550fps.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:52:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: i12Bravo] [#6]
I bought the competition package but have since stopped using the oversized bolt release and have switched over to the Nordic components follower. I drilled and tapped my bolt release to add a more rectangular release pad for a little more leverage, and I was having an issue with the shell crimp catching on the follower one I added a skytac welded lifter. The flat face on the Nordic follower fixed that.

Other than those two pieces everything else has made my jmpro completely reliable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Perfect.

Out of their kits I was really more intrigued by their internals. The bolt release doesn't offend me like it does some people.

On top of their kit I was definitely considering a better follower such as a Nordic or GG&G because of the tube hangup and a charging handle that has some more area on it. Slim pickings for a lot of parts on this gun it seems.

Im not speed loading at all however I about had my thumbnail ripped off so a Skytac welded lifter is on the list as well. Im not a machinist and it seems easier than sending mine off to CRUMS.

Any other big modifications that help reliability?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Google Brownells 930 feed from the tube issues. It give a tutorial on rounding off the front edge of your shell stop. That's a common one that can happen. Even if you never develop the issues, it will still help your gun feed smoother.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Appreciate all the feedback. Im going to do it one step at a time until I strike a fine balance between home defense and competition gun. Im not committed enough to build a gun with only one use just yet. I figured the CFR and MSR would be good places to start from both a reliability and maintenance perspective.

Outside of their parts I'm going with a GG&G follower combined with a Skytac Lifter. If anyone has any other recommendations then I am all ears.

On a side note they sent me the wrong part and were amazingly helpful to deal with!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently got the competition package. It was easy to install, fit perfectly and even looks good. I have not fired my weapon yet but anticipate good results. This plus some low recoil rifled slugs should really help this season.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The MST is the one part from OR3Gun that I would consider neccesary. If you get the Multi-use version you can still run your heavier defense loads but you get the features that help your gun function more reliably.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By i12Bravo:
The MST is the one part from OR3Gun that I would consider neccesary. If you get the Multi-use version you can still run your heavier defense loads but you get the features that help your gun function more reliably.
View Quote

Agreed. I have seen a lot of issues solved by adding the MST. At one point I had 3 of them and would carry extras with me in my gear bag. If someone started having issues I would let them try one. 99% of the time, it would fix the issues they had.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
So i installed a MST and a CFR. I goofed on my previous post. I went with the quad load CFR and the multi gun MST so that I could still run high powered loads. Fit and finish was excellent. I appreciate all feedback. OR3GUN is a killer company and after they made a mistake I ended up with a polished aluminum CFR that I'm not sure what Ill do with.

Now with respect to the CSP in either multi use or field set...Has anyone had any issues running 00 buck when switching to these? The sheer mechanics of it make sense however I don't know if its necessary just yet.

The end goal is to have a 3 gun shotgun that doubles for home defense and can cycle up to 00 buck at most.

Thanks for all of your input!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:06:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bushy24] [#14]
I got my JM Pro for Christmas. I really like the gun, especially the price tag.
Like everyone else, I want to mod it to make it better. How so... cycle light loads, function flawlessly and be faster.

What did I do so far?

- GGG bolt release pad (I really like this pad and it comes with the catch too!)
- GGG low drag follower (it seems to be way better than stock?)
- Opened up loading port and polished (it came out really nice!)
- SkyTac Welded Lifter (coming soon, I hope! His CS is terrible! I ordered it almost two months ago.)
- OR3Gun items invoiced, but not ordered yet. Kicking around their products too.

From what I'm reading, I can't go wrong with them? I looking to get the... MST, CFR, CSP/ASR.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know what makes the "competition" marine spacer tube different than the other ones at OR3GUN?

It says for lighter loads, but are there actual design changes or is it just a lighter weight material--and if so, why does light weight help?  

I want to shoot almost all low-recoil stuff, and I hear these are insanely great at ensuring the 930s run 100%.  My 930 arrives on Monday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#16]
The best thing for the JM Pro is to keep it clean.  Take it apart and clean it every so often.  I haven't done a thing to mine except clean it prior to the first time out and every so often and it runs great.  I mostly shoot the lightest cheapest rounds and have never had an issue.  Also slugs and buck shot work well.

Originally Posted By Bushy24:
I got my JM Pro for Christmas. I really like the gun, especially the price tag.
Like everyone else, I want to mod it to make it better. How so... cycle light loads, function flawlessly and be faster.

What did I do so far?

- GGG bolt release pad (I really like this pad and it comes with the catch too!)
- GGG low drag follower (it seems to be way better than stock?)
- Opened up loading port and polished (it came out really nice!)
- SkyTac Welded Lifter (coming soon, I hope! His CS is terrible! I ordered it almost two months ago.)
- OR3Gun items invoiced, but not ordered yet. Kicking around their products too.

From what I'm reading, I can't go wrong with them? I looking to get the... MST, CFR, CSP/ASR.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top