Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 12:55:38 PM EDT
Not sure if 3 Gun has rules regarding the minimum power levels (KE) that that cartridges can be loaded.

I have a bunch of 69 grain bullets that shoot exceptionally well with a reduced load that comes in a 2500 fps at the muzzle through an 18" barrel.

TIA
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the rules, but mostly NO except for Heavy Metal. The main reason for wanting higher velocity is it will give you a flatter trajectory and hit falling steels harder (= more latitude on where you hit them).
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
Depends on the rules, but mostly NO except for Heavy Metal. The main reason for wanting higher velocity is it will give you a flatter trajectory and hit falling steels harder (= more latitude on where you hit them).
View Quote

These loads would be kept for courses of fire that do not exceed 100 yards, so there should be plenty of energy to knock down steel.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:29:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthyBlagga] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 223Rem:
These loads would be kept for courses of fire that do not exceed 100 yards, so there should be plenty of energy to knock down steel.
View Quote

Wow - you must be wealthy... I run 55gr FMJ for inside 100yds, keeping the premium bullets for longer distances where they bring a meaningful benefit. I can't imagine any 3-Gun course of fire where the marginally better accuracy of heavier match bullets is going to be noticeable over the cheaper FMJs inside 100yds.

Still, no rule against it as far as I am aware.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top