Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2013 4:16:37 PM EDT
Hello, I am very new to the world of competitive shooting (outside of seeing who can make a better group or BB gun competition from younger days) so I'm sorry if this question seems obvious. I'm probably over analyzing but I just want to make sure I get it right and do things right.

When a stage, like the Classifier Times 223 (http://memberships.3gunnation.com/Stages/Details/15), has a mandatory reload does a round chambered from the initial magazine need to be ejected prior to engaging targets after the reload? For example, in Classifier Times 223 would the 7th round from my initial magazine count as a scored hit on an engagement from Box-B? My guess is yes but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Also, do you know if other competitions, e.g. USPSA and IDPA, follow the same rule for mandatory reloads, if they even have mandatory reloads?

Thanks,

Ben
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ben-p:
Hello, I am very new to the world of competitive shooting (outside of seeing who can make a better group or BB gun competition from younger days) so I'm sorry if this question seems obvious. I'm probably over analyzing but I just want to make sure I get it right and do things right.

When a stage, like the Classifier Times 223 (http://memberships.3gunnation.com/Stages/Details/15), has a mandatory reload does a round chambered from the initial magazine need to be ejected prior to engaging targets after the reload? For example, in Classifier Times 223 would the 7th round from my initial magazine count as a scored hit on an engagement from Box-B? My guess is yes but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Also, do you know if other competitions, e.g. USPSA and IDPA, follow the same rule for mandatory reloads, if they even have mandatory reloads?

Thanks,

Ben
View Quote

You shouldn't be ejecting a live round, and without reading the stage info, you will most likely start out with a set number of rounds in each mag.  So if you're reloading after 7 rounds, you'll only have seven rounds in that first mag, then reload at bolt lock.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no set number of rounds loaded in the mag. Only "loaded to division capacity". You do not have to eject the chambered round but, you must change mags between target arrays.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top