Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2019 11:09:31 AM EDT
So I just got my 930 JMPro back from Hawkeye Ordnance for port/lifter work.  After a few rounds of practice I am able to load 8 rounds shoulder-to-shoulder in 6.6 sec (best time so far) using a twins load , with a Taccom 10-up on my belt.

I know this is subjective, but what is a decent time to shoot for using a twins load?  Obviously I will keep working to get faster, but like to have a goal to meet.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds about right, "fast" guys can do quads in about half that so it makes sense deuces would be about double.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
So when I was learning a few years ago ( i think 2015) I found this video tutorial on Youtube and it really helped me learn to get faster. Give it a go, hopefully it helps you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XvJw5D8nyc
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.

huntingoutdoors564, thanks for the video.  I have seen that one.  I should have mentioned I am doing the over-the-shoulder strong-hand twins loading.  I think you give up a little on having the shells closer to the gun on the weak-hand loading, but I think the strong-hand load is faster back on target.

Either way I will always have room for improvement!  
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd say you are doing well. I practiced for a couple weeks doing different techniques. I found strong hand twins over the shoulder being the most reliable method for me. I could do quads, but I often dropped one of short stroked one on the insertion. A screw up like that really screws up my flow and at the time I didn't have enough shell holders to be dropping one here and there. it also seemed easier to load while moving doing it that way.

I think my times were between 7 and 8 seconds. Got busy last year so only did 2-gun and didn't have time for 3 gun. now I'm deployed. so I plan on getting back into it when I get back cuz the range in my town holds monthly pistol and multigun matches, so I'm running out of excuses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top