Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2018 5:54:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iwrestledabearonce]
Does anyone use this trigger for 3 gun? It's on sale for $99 and if I can save 150-180 compared to other triggers I would like that. I am building this rifle and it would be nice to spread the money over other costs of the build.

(edit: fix misspelling)
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
For 100 bucks I think the trigger is hard to beat. I haven't used any of mine for competition but I've use one in my mk12 mod 1 style gun and it works great.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that was was my thinking on it. If I dont like for 3 gun I could move it another rifle.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iwrestledabearonce:
Yeah that was was my thinking on it. If I dont like for 3 gun I could move it another rifle.
View Quote
The larue trigger isn't as good as the geissele I've used in another gun. Its close though and honestly I can't justify the price difference between the two. I have the larue now in 3 ar's and one sig mpx. Only thing I have a geissele in now is a scar 17.

I will say multiple friends have bought larue triggers after trying them in one of my guns.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Having used a lot of triggers, I rate some of the common ones this way.

Geissele High Speed Match>Geissele SSA-E(and B-G2S-E)>MBT>SSA(and G2S).

MBT's are great two stage triggers, they're not purpose built three gun triggers though.  If you want a two stage, go for it.  If you want a budget oriented 3 gun trigger, look at the B-GRF.  The B-GRF feels just like the Geiselle S3G, but it's built just for Brownells and is a bit cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

MBT's are great two stage triggers, they're not purpose built three gun triggers though.  If you want a two stage, go for it.  If you want a budget oriented 3 gun trigger, look at the B-GRF.  The B-GRF feels just like the Geiselle S3G, but it's built just for Brownells and is a bit cheaper.
View Quote
Thanks for the info! I am not set on single or two stage trigger.. I like the way a two stage feels but my only expience with them is plinking out at the range. I already ordered the MBT but I am not oppsed to putting into another lower.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I shoot a lot of 3 gun, I use the Giessle 3 gun trigger. Only time I wish it was a 2 stage is shooting target past 300 yds. or real tiny targets. Neither of which you get a lot of in 3 gun.

IMO 3 gun guns need to be perfect 90% of the time, because you get so many different targets. With the oddball targets it is just do the best you can with what you have.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
This a good information.

Most purpose-built 3 Gun triggers are single stage, but the lighter two stages do pretty well just mashing through the stages on hoser courses.

A two stage like the MBT would also give you an extra degree of safety/confidence if you are not yet comfortable with the very light single stage triggers that are very easy to accidentally bump. This mostly shows up shooting supported without a tight grip on the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:20:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By iwrestledabearonce:
Does anyone use this trigger for 3 gun? It's on sale for $99 and if I can save 150-180 compared to other triggers I would like that. I am building this rifle and it would be nice to spread the money over other costs of the build.

(edit: fix misspelling)
View Quote
If you want a 2 stage trigger, Larue is a good one.  For a cheaper alternative of 2 stage, the RRA varmint is also very serviceable for less.

If you want a single stage trigger, a baseline standard for triggers to measure by is the original JP AR Adjustable trigger for around $110. Sweet 3.5#.

Beyond that, each Kool-Aid has its own flavor and followers, pick one that fits your style of shooting rather than the opinion of many.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the super tricon and SSA-E for dynamic competitions like 2-gun and 3-gun.

The larue mbt2s is a decent trigger, it's better than a milspec trigger for sure.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]
First time in this sub-forum...so gotta bump something

Anyone tried the single stage? I really like it. Got the flatbow last week and trying it out, it doesn’t grab me like the curved single stage did which surprised me because I’ve been moving almost all my triggers to flatbow.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 2:07:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I love my Larue triggers, I've got them in 3 different guns now and still spent less money than I would have on one geissele.  So far so good
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:
First time in this sub-forum...so gotta bump something

Anyone tried the single stage? I really like it. Got the flatbow last week and trying it out, it doesn’t grab me like the curved single stage did which surprised me because I’ve been moving almost all my triggers to flatbow.
View Quote

I prefer single stage to 2-stage.   I have used a Geissele SSA, a Larue MBT, a CMC single stage, a JP single stage, and  Hiperfire single stage.

IMHO the Hiperfire is the best of the bunch, the JP a close second.   The Geissele and Larue were great, I slightly preferred the Larue.  But I have gravitated towards single stage triggers.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Look at the Geissele rapid fire trigger, basically a budget 3 gun trigger that's a Brownells exclusive. I just put one in my new Tac Ops build it feels really nice.

They seem to go on sale fairly often, mine was $149 a couple of months ago plus the coupon it was under $150 shipped.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx

Coupon's here:

https://www.wikiarms.com/stores/brownells
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a LaRue mbt trigger in my S&W AR 15 and it is wonderful for the price you pay.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:45:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QtrMOA] [#16]

View Quote

Why do you have the High Speed Match there and not the SD3G?  My understanding was the High Speed Match trigger is designed for High Power competitions and not 3-gun, and the "High Speed" refers not to the type of shooting, but the lock time of the trigger.  I have two of them, I probably should know this info with certainty. @Nihilsum @Jaqufrost

ETA:  Yeah, my memory was correct.  The trigger is called "high speed" because it has a 4.4 millisecond lock time:  Lengthy Geissele High Speed Trigger Video

I mean, I guess there's no reason that it wouldn't work for a 3-gun match, but it strikes me as an interesting choice.  Maybe I need to expand my thinking.  I have mine in a "MK12" and another in a Large-Frame Larue (I know that's against the Larue/Geissele Rules!!!) so I think of it as a long-range/precision/dmr trigger.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't do 3 gun, but my LA Rue MBT has been tested at 3.4-3.5 lbs and is noticeably an improvement over stock.
The 100.00 price is what sold me on it!
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#18]
the flat face of an MBT allows me precise trigger control....I shot 3 gun pretty seriously from 1995-2015, and old age and bad knee have me now shooting rimfire Steel Challenge with a CMMG B unit in an SBR'd AR...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top