Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2015 6:28:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ClimbARock]
My local range just built their USPSA course and I've never shot a competition. I want to get involved in USPSA and transition into 3 gun from it.

I'm looking at belts now and am looking for some advice.

I'm a 31" waist, actual waist size, on an empty stomach but I'm eating more to get that size up. In my shopping cart I currently have.

Safari 030 34"
Safari 032 36"
Safari ELS Kit w/ 2 34&35
(2) 773 Mag pouches w/ 1.5" belt attachments.

Should I just get the mag pouches with the ELS attachment already from Midway or order them with the 1.5" attachments?

This is what I'm looking at for starting out and something to build on. Help? Other suggestions of brands to look at, does the sizing look okay, should I start with less expensive items/ a different system or is this a buy once cry once type of deal and I'm on the right track already?

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest the DAA belt instead, as it is stiffer and will stand up to all the weight you'll hang off of it for 3gun.  The Safariland ELS belt is good product, but is not as stiff as the DAA and will sag/twist more.  In addition, the DAA velcro between the inner/outer belts sticks together much more securely than the Safariland inner/outer belts.
Another fellow states the CR Speed Super Torque belt is stiffer than the DAA, but I can't say as I've only had the Safariland ELS belt and the DAA.  (Get the regular DAA, not the Pro which is actually a bit less stiff than the regular)

I do recommend to stay with the ELS hooks/receivers though.  Makes it easy and comfortable to switch out pouch/shell carrier needs for different 3gun stages, as well as move things around, such as moving shell carriers from your front to your side on stages where you may need to go prone for rifle.

Check out the posts here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with a cr speed for uspsa while I get my feet wet and get some experience.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I would just start with a leather belt from the closet, a belt holster and a couple of double mag pouches (depending on what you plan to shoot).  No need to spend money yet, once you do it becomes a flood.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#4]
how do you plan on reloading your shotgun?...it is pretty hard to beat the load2/load4 clips, unless your local club does a lot of prone with the long guns... if that is the case, the slower trays would be more practical...I'm old, and don't adapt to changes very well, so I use trays on a 2" Uncle Mikes duty belt with under belt...for USPSA two double pistol mag pouches for pistol only, but remove the rear one and replace with a pair of rifle mag pouches with BladeTech teklok clips...two 4 round trays strong side front, and 6 round tray behind the holster...I use the same retention holster for both multi gun and pistol...a 3 gun gear diagonal belt allows me to carry slugs for a mix and match stage.... some matches like this 2010 Ft Benning match do have prone stages

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
this is what im using LAsnyder.  For prone, you can easily turn it to the side on back.  
http://www.chameleon-fabrics.com/ipsc-3-gun-stuff/loadtwo-belt
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogtired:
I would just start with a leather belt from the closet, a belt holster and a couple of double mag pouches (depending on what you plan to shoot).  No need to spend money yet, once you do it becomes a flood.
View Quote

I tend to agree that getting  your feet wet before you spend money is wise, but a good belt is a necessity no matter what discipline you shoot.  Inner/Outer is the only way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top