Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2014 11:00:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: truckcop]
Where did this starting stages with unloaded handguns come from?  I've shot 3-gun matches before and all stages using handguns started loaded/holstered.  Shot one this weekend and now all the stages with handguns started with magazine in/chamber empty, having to use "Israeli Technique" of drawing then chambering a round.  I don't like it.  Don't like it one bit.  Not that my opinion counts for anything.  Is this the new in-thing?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Handguns in the holster should be loaded/round in chamber. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, unloaded handgun is cool, but not all the time.

Most matches around here have rifles and shotguns that are staged are cruiser ready. Full installed mag, bolt closed on empty chamber.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:44:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: truckcop] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:
Handguns in the holster should be loaded/round in chamber. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, unloaded handgun is cool, but not all the time.

Most matches around here have rifles and shotguns that are staged are cruiser ready. Full installed mag, bolt closed on empty chamber.
View Quote

Yep, rifle/shotgun @ cruiser ready when staged is GTG.  That's how we do it in the real world.  Handgun holstered with an empty chamber, IMHO, is NOT GTG!  I've noticed the technique being used on a bunch of the big money match videos.  Sorry, I'm not going to start using some flavor-of-the-month technique required for competition that may cause me problems in real life.  If this is the look of things to come in 3-gun, I'll re-evaluate my continued participation.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2014 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Local match around here does that, but only on stages where you may be required or have the option of being prone or on a rooftop prop. In this instances the chambered pistol would have the muzzle pointed back at the other shooters so I understand why.

Starting like that for no other reason seems silly to me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Typically if you are going prone at any time during the stage before you go to the handgun, you can have a mag in the gun, but no round in the chamber. If you go prone with a round in the chamber, you have broken the 180, and will be sent on your way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top