Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2016 9:12:48 AM EDT
I signed up for a 2 day intro class. All weapons and ammo are provided but I'll need other gear like hearing protection. They mentioned electronic hearing protection. What is recommended for a beginner. I need something that works but won't break the bank.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001T7QJ9O/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1462634166&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=howard+leight+impact+sport
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Foamy plugs. Cheap, great protection, and won't get in the way of mounting long guns.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Surefire ear pro works best for me. I have a pair of electronic ear pro that I use when I shoot USPSA pistol matches, but do not wear them for 3gun. I have accidentally knocked them off when mounting the rifle into my shoulder. Very quickly switched to Surefire, and have been using them for a couple of years now. You can still hear normal conversations, but they muffle out loud noises.

Surefire EP7
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I think I'll get a cheaper pair of electronic and wear them with something like the surefire. Any downsides to this?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Like was said above - Impact Sport
You can hear normal conversations, AND, you won't be yelling at everybody when you talk

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
since its an intro class, just use the foam earplugs. (1.99 for 6 or something).

BUT, invest in a good pair of electronics and you will never look back. Get a low profile set (like the Howard Leight Sport, which I have and love) and stay out of the way with the shotgun/rifle work.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Foam plugs work well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
The HL impact are great for rifle/shotgun use especially for classes and in between stages.  I just wear Surefire plugs when shooting so nothing interferes with my stock weld.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
You can get Walker Razors for cheap. The best are probably Axil GS Exreme. Don't take a class with dumb muffs or foamies. You need to hear and shoot at the same time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top