Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 5:19:35 PM EDT
Well my Merrel boots didn't really work this weekend on gravel. I took a dive but fortunately kept control of the weapon and didn't get DQ'd. I definitely don't want this to happen again so I was looking for some recommendations for cleats on gravel or DG base. Video included for your entertainment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D6-rFZPtnY
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Wore Salomon Fellraisers over the weekend for the first time.  Didn't buy the hype until I tried them, and the grip was significantly better than boots I wore long ago and Adidas trail runners I've been using for a while.  
Not the fastest guy around, but I wasn't worried about sliding out on turns and sliding into stop positions like I had been with previous shoes I was wearing on large, loose gravel/rocks with hard dirt.

Pretty glad I bought them now.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That made an awesome sound.

Salomon or Inov8 trail running shoes. I've got some mudclaws, most of my friends have speedcross.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Currently, I use baseball cleats I bought on sale for 23 bucks.  I needed a set now for TFD and they saved my ass.  Only thing I don't like about the cleats, ky feet hurt after wearing them all day. The speed cross 3s are on the list for this year for sure, just need to pony up the cash for them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
I asked for a set of Solomon Speedcross 3s for Christmas after falling on my ass at the FN 3 gun match last year. Used them for the first time in march at the 3 gun regional match and man are they great. So sure footed with them on. Won't go without them again.
View Quote

These.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I use INOV-8 trail series, but I think many of the terrains that I visit could use the added traction of off-trail series.

Salmon are also very popular.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I was in SF for 20+ years, and it was like a boot fashion show over there. I don't think there's a boot made optimal for all types of activities, weather conditions, and surfaces. I just go for lightweight and comfortable with decent ankle support, and try not to slip.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been fine with USGI boots so far but the matches I shoot don't get that muddy/slippery either.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#9]
A hiking or trail running shoe should help. I went with the Salomon XA pro 3D ultra 2.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I use cleats.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I wear Danner military boots. They have worked very well for me so far.

I wear trail shoes almost every day and might try them in the 2015 season. I like ankle support though which I do not get from trail shoes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Under Armour - Crusher Mid Football Cleats
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I use Salomon Speedcross 3s.

I find them super comfortable and work well on pretty much any surface I shoot on. Not so fun in the rain though
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]
La Sportiva Bushido are a great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top