Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2020 12:38:43 PM EDT
Hi I just ordered my 223 wylde JP competition rifle for use in 2 and 3 gun. My question is what do you all prefer to feed your rifles? I know ammo is low stock everywhere so I'm keeping an open mind when choosing what to shoot it with. That being said not just in competitions but also when breaking it in and for practice target shooting. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:55:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coffin-Nail] [#1]
I pretty much only run Wolf Gold. Before the craziness it was affordable and always grouped well enough out of everything.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want affordable match quality ammunition, look at ADI's 55gr and 69gr loads sold by Global Ordinance.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Wolf gold. $275 a case
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
If you want affordable match quality ammunition, look at ADI's 55gr and 69gr loads sold by Global Ordinance.
View Quote

Old school tag.

Also, if it ever comes up for sale again somewhere,  I've had amazing results with IMi 77gr Razor. It shoots superb out of a wide variety of barrels for me. Very consistent.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI:

Old school tag.

Also, if it ever comes up for sale again somewhere,  I've had amazing results with IMi 77gr Razor. It shoots superb out of a wide variety of barrels for me. Very consistent.
View Quote
@ShamusMcOI
10 shot group with the 55gr.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 6:24:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Anything inside 200 yards and sometimes 300 (depending on wind), I shoot 55gr.  Past 300, I'm shooting 77gr Sierra TMK reloads.  Before I started to reload rifle, I was shooting Hornady 75gr Steel Match but the HSM is not being manufactured anymore.  Hornady has the black and frontier line in 75gr which are reasonably priced.  With the ammo shortage, you'll have to zero more often with different ammo.

My JP 18" medium contour barrel liked the 75gr rounds.  I've moved away from the JP barrel and starting shooting a 14.5" rifle for 2/3 gun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I just load my own 75gr Hornady match, and picked up a bunch of 77 SMK seconds to get through the shortage.  For up close there's 55's I'll load with mixed brass.  2013 taught us not to rely on factory ammo.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
They don't have any ADI ammo
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Global Ordnance had a shipment of ADI 69g a couple months ago, it sold out fast.  Its a slow boat from Australia to Florida.  Global is currently the only source for ADI, just have to keep watching their website. SGammo used to have it.  In my 18" 1:8 barrel the 69g ADI SMKs hold a 1moa group to 400y; in the 1:7 20" they hold a group to 300 and fall apart at 400.  If you have a fast barrel like 1:7 and plan to shoot longer ranges, 73g & up works better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top