Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2019 11:53:59 AM EDT
How many of your reload for training and competition vs how many buy factory ammo?
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't buy the loads that I shoot in competition that's why I reload so I can tailor them to suit my needs..

And also it saves money.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 12:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#3]
Originally Posted By Willagains:
How many of your reload for training and competition vs how many buy factory ammo?
View Quote
Get both.  It sure was nice to roll my own when money couldn't buy loaded ammo during the big scare.  Buy a couple 8 pounders of powder, primers and a box of 5000 projectiles to save for hard times.  During one scare, presses and dies had extended wait times.

I have always used reloads for competitions to save money.

Reloading is a great way to kill time when...………..you are waiting for your woman.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Right now unless you have a massive bulk buy and really fast progressive it's not worth it for 9mm or 5.56. Eveything else it is, but you still need to bulk buy and load fast. Also worth it for precision.  99% of my shooting is 9mm and 5.56 blammo so I have the reloading stuff but been buying last few years anyway.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I reload for training and buy match ammo for competition. If there is a deal that is only 1-2 cents more than my reloads I'll buy a case or two of that for fresh brass to reload.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#6]
Both, I reload for practice and recently started using them in matches as I grow my confidence in them. (I’m still new to reloading).

I also buy factory to test new guns and my wife shoots a lot as well. I don’t let her or anyone else shoot my reloads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top