Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2018 2:27:01 PM EDT
I purchased a Nova two weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone uses this for skeet or any other sport shooting events.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I use mine for duck/goose hunting and some casual trap shooting. Great gun!
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:58:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deerranger:
I use mine for duck/goose hunting and some casual trap shooting. Great gun!
View Quote
Did you purchase additional choke tubes?  I'm probably going to purchase a Turkey and Skeet choke from Carlson's.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a great pump gun.  As far as use for competition, I'd bet the most use it gets in competition is probably 3-gun Heavy division.  For skeet/trap/sporting clays, pumps aren't really the mainstream.

Don't let that get you down, it's a great all around gun, and you can still compete just fine if you have good fundamentals and practice.  Most times you'll find that practice and skill will trump equipment.  It's that last 10% where having the right equipment for the job can really help.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MadCowRacer:
It is a great pump gun.  As far as use for competition, I'd bet the most use it gets in competition is probably 3-gun Heavy division.  For skeet/trap/sporting clays, pumps aren't really the mainstream.

Don't let that get you down, it's a great all around gun, and you can still compete just fine if you have good fundamentals and practice.  Most times you'll find that practice and skill will trump equipment.  It's that last 10% where having the right equipment for the job can really help.
View Quote
A SG that fits effortlessly is super sweet on the Trap range... but
The truth is all anybody really needs is a 12 Ga. that they can hit birds with
On my range, most of our best shooters use 50 year old pumps.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I shot one year of 3 gun, and 2 of trap with a camo nova,
if the gun fits you, it'll work fine. just get out and compete
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
fantastic pump gun
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:10:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpringfieldArmory] [#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top