Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2016 8:11:12 PM EDT
Anyone have any feedback on one of these?
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Picked one up for 500.00 26" also has an 18" with it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 2:25:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Good guns.....and lots of setups for it.

Good options still there for it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 7:31:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JesseTischauser] [#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 8:36:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: frankjt] [#5]
I have two. Owned both for about 12-15 years. Tens of thousands of shells through each shooting sporting clays, 3 gun, hunting etc.

Literally the only issue I had was a failure to eject on some cardboard shells I found in my grandad's barn

I keep planning to buy an M2 but my M1s shoot great so I just haven't gotten around to it.

ETA: I think both of mine are 26" barrel
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By frankjt:
I have two. Owned both for about 12-15 years. Tens of thousands of shells through each shooting sporting clays, 3 gun, hunting etc.

Literally the only issue I had was a failure to eject on some cardboard shells I found in my grandad's barn

I keep planning to buy an M2 but my M1s shoot great so I just haven't gotten around to it.

ETA: I think both of mine are 26" barrel
View Quote
Pretty much this with the exception of quite a few broken small parts along the way.  I will give it credit most of the rounds thru it are heavy waterfowl loads, it is my go to gun and I love the crap out of it.  I actually just replaced the factory magazine spring and the aftermarket sure cycle recoil spring yesterday.

Looks like shit but runs like a sewing machine, btw it is an old HK import.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#7]
The old M1s were de-factor standard in 3 gun back 20 years ago.  It has only been de throned in the recent years by the M2 due to lighter weight and better recoil management.  M1s are still valid in 3 gun, parts don't break and they keep on running.  My friend has a super old M1 that has more than 300,000 rds through and it is still ticking like a swiss watch.  I think he replaced the carrier latch spring twice, extractor once, and a few magazine springs.

I still have the old HK marked M1 along side with its newer cousin M2.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Solid design, super reliable. I have an HK import M1. It's cool you can load the tube, chamber, and put one on the follower. Super fast!
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:15:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aussie_E] [#9]
I have two that have been customized by TTI.

Jesse is correct in regards to the 18" ghostring sighted barrels, okay for HD but suck for 3 gun compitetion. The ghostring is practically useless at night using a weapon light on small targets.

The TTI gunsmith prefers the M1 over the M2. They have metal trigger housings whereas the M2 is plastic. Also the bolt has to be modified to ghostload on a M2.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I love mine, had it for 2 years, bought used.
I've never had a jam and I shoot trap, 3 gun, and
hunt with it. Easily converted from 3 gun back to
the sporting configuration for when I want to hunt.
I love benelli's shim adjustments on it
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#11]
have hundreds of rounds through mine, runs flawless. I run the nordic +9 mag extension, had the loading port enlarged, and bought the taran tactical lifter and safety. use it for 3 gun running trap loads. I do have to clean it every couple hundred rounds or it gets sluggish with those rounds. also use it for trap and shoot mid 20's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top