Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2024 8:49:02 PM EDT
Just curious what everyone eats prior to an morning Match.Such as not wanting the caffiene shakes
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't deviate from my normal much.

Local, Braums big country breakfast - biscuit and gravy, sausage patty, scrambled eggs, and tater tots. Away, equivalent of BBCB at the hotel, but with fruit added.

Water, juice. If you normally drink coffee, drink less or cut with decaf.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I get a Sausage McMuffin with Egg meal and a large Ice Carmel Macchiato with whole milk.

I'm usually driving at least an hour.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 4:06:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#3]
For an early morning match, not much the day of.

I make sure to eat good food in moderation the night before and get sleep.

Then the morning of, I have a normal amount of caffeine, and stick to granola bars, fruit, and water until the match is over.
The last thing I want to feel at a match is bloated, heavy, and like I have to take a dump all morning.
I also make sure to drink water right as I'm getting up and on the way to a match; you wake up essentially dehydrated and I don't want to be dehydrated while trying to focus mentally and physically on shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top