Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2021 3:39:31 PM EDT
Y'all veteran AUG users, deciding on a light and wondering which is best for easy manipulation. I don't really want to run a pressure pad and I'll be mounting on the included rail on the right side. I'm Torn between the Surefire scout pro and the Streamlight TLR-1.

Surefire with the offset mount seems like I could bring the light lower on the rifle for easy trigger finger manipulation. TLR-1 seems like the switch may be more easily manipulated.

Which lights are you guys running? I'd be very appreciative if we could get a small AUG pic thread going so I can see some setups.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Pads and wires annoy me

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Support hand thumb actuation? I didn't even know there was such a setup for the AUG, thanks for the insight!
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Support hand thumb actuation? I didn't even know there was such a setup for the AUG, thanks for the insight!
View Quote

Yup
Hand position stays normal

PuP Light
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]
TLR-1 HL mounts on side rail and you can use the toggle switch easily enough with your thumb or buy the battery door with the tape switch plug and run the wire underneath through the rail and to a sleeve (Manta Defense) on the foregrip and then you can activate it either way with minimal clutter as the lead to the switch is just long enough and leaves no extraneous wire to contend with.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
This has worked well for me.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/V6Cx6rz.jpg
View Quote

This may come off as a stupid question, which finger on which hand are you using to actuate those switches?
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Index finger on the right hand.

The next question is usually , "don't you use that finger to pull the trigger?" Yes, but I can also pull the trigger with my middle finger if I absolutely needed to do so.

The concept is that the light is placed on the side rail with no modification to the gun, but it still allows activation of the light with no change in grip between either hand. Is this the best way to activate a light? Probably not, but it works and in practice I only touch the light switch maybe a couple seconds out of each year. If I need a light, I have a light. Otherwise, I just shoot the gun like I normally always do without worrying about tapping a light switch.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a scout with a switch in the grip Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I replaced the front grip with a rail and run a REIN on it:

This has been my favorite light mount setup, keeps me from losing a lot of the beam due to my suppressor. Only issue I really have is that I really like the original AUG grip.

I tried the PuPlight but it wasn't quite what I needed, had a good chunk of my light's flood blocked when using it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm with Tillerman on the PupLight X2.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File
I use a pressure switch on the VFG.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I just threw an inforce on mine and called it a day. Trigger blows so I can just use my middle finger if I gotta bang it out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
InForce is a low profile fit.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm no help. But I use a pressure pad on the vertical grip.

I use a Surefire Scout model.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I replaced the front grip with a rail and run a REIN on it: https://i.imgur.com/ZtnsvxD.jpg

This has been my favorite light mount setup, keeps me from losing a lot of the beam due to my suppressor. Only issue I really have is that I really like the original AUG grip.

I tried the PuPlight but it wasn't quite what I needed, had a good chunk of my light's flood blocked when using it.
View Quote

How's that can on there? Thinking of going with a Nomad 30 for my next when the Eforms thing is ready to go
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#16]

I tried that exact setup on my A3M1 and was surprised how well it worked
Not at all ideal as you're moving your trigger finger to operate the light
But it worked well enough that I'm leaving it that way until I decide on a final optic and light combo
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I messed around with a couple different setup's, and ended up here on my M1.

Modlite PLHv2 head, on a Surefire scout pro dual fuel body.  Mounted to a Midwest M-lock extended side rail.  The integrated mount on the scout pro body tucks the light in pretty close.  Tape switch on the VFG with a Manta defense sleeve.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I messed around with a couple different setup's, and ended up here on my M1.

Modlite PLHv2 head, on a Surefire scout pro dual fuel body.  Mounted to a Midwest M-lock extended side rail.  The integrated mount on the scout pro body tucks the light in pretty close.  Tape switch on the VFG with a Manta defense sleeve.

https://i.imgur.com/YelRfjO.jpg
View Quote

How's the throw on that head? I hear a lot of good things about the v2
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How's the throw on that head? I hear a lot of good things about the v2
View Quote

They throw great.  I've got four of them, three factory, and this one.  Probably the best general purpose carbine light going.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I keep mine as light as possible so no add on stuff, if I want something with a light I grab something with a light.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:37:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I keep mine as light as possible so no add on stuff, if I want something with a light I grab something with a light.
View Quote

My favorite AUG is an old beat up A1. 16” 1/7 barrel, A3 stock, crosshair open donut swaro tube, and a 2020 TSM. Super light and handles well.

The only rifles I have with lights are AUGs, so…
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/V6Cx6rz.jpg
View Quote

That's clean.  I like that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I use a TLR1 mounted with a Magpul mount on my FDE MSAR. It would be a bit different on an AUG since the rail is at different angles. I don’t have one mounted on my green AUG at this time.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top