Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 158
Next Page
1/19/2024 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#1]
small roll of tape and a few zip ties (8-11") are always on my kit for emergency repairs of nearly anything.
1/19/2024 7:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho][Edited] [#3]
They told me safariland doesn't make PDP holsters... They told me safariland doesn't wrap in tropic...

Reality is what I will it to be.

Attached File


But really, it's just a holster for a sig that fits perfectly after like 30 seconds of work and not even any dremeling. Wrapping took another 10 minutes. It's my second time wrapping a safariland. Last time I used just the fabric and some 3m spray adhesive. This time it was adhesive-backed fabric. It's definitely easier and cleaner this way, but the durability of the adhesion remains TBD. The spray adhesive has lasted a couple years at this point and is going strong.
1/19/2024 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
They told me safariland doesn't make PDP holsters... They told me safariland doesn't wrap in tropic...

Reality is what I will it to be.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_8420_JPG-3099973.JPG

But really, it's just a holster for a sig that fits perfectly after like 30 seconds of work and not even any dremeling. Wrapping took another 10 minutes. It's my second time wrapping a safariland. Last time I used just the fabric and some 3m spray adhesive. This time it was adhesive-backed fabric. It's definitely easier and cleaner this way, but the durability of the adhesion remains TBD. The spray adhesive has lasted a couple years at this point and is going strong.
View Quote


Nice job. Where'd you get the adhesive backed fabric in MCT?
1/19/2024 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By HRoark87:


Nice job. Where'd you get the adhesive backed fabric in MCT?
View Quote

Thanks!

I just got it on Amazon
Amazon Product
  • GRIP - Real fabric outer layer provides better grip for magazines, even when wet with water or sweat. Regular vinyl wraps become slick with moisture. TackGear Wraps will keep performing even in less ideal conditions.

1/19/2024 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
They told me safariland doesn't make PDP holsters... They told me safariland doesn't wrap in tropic...

Reality is what I will it to be.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_8420_JPG-3099973.JPG

But really, it's just a holster for a sig that fits perfectly after like 30 seconds of work and not even any dremeling. Wrapping took another 10 minutes. It's my second time wrapping a safariland. Last time I used just the fabric and some 3m spray adhesive. This time it was adhesive-backed fabric. It's definitely easier and cleaner this way, but the durability of the adhesion remains TBD. The spray adhesive has lasted a couple years at this point and is going strong.
View Quote

I went Rhodie, but you did a nicer job with it.


Originally Posted By PeepEater:
You bought ammo with jibber jabber on the label and are surprised it was corrosive?

Knight of Wonder
1/19/2024 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

I went Rhodie, but you did a nicer job with it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20240119_192844-3100074.jpg
View Quote


Not as tactical, but sweet.

My FAL should be back today, but unfortunately it's not gonna make it

Attached File
1/19/2024 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
They told me safariland doesn't make PDP holsters... They told me safariland doesn't wrap in tropic...

Reality is what I will it to be.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_8420_JPG-3099973.JPG

But really, it's just a holster for a sig that fits perfectly after like 30 seconds of work and not even any dremeling. Wrapping took another 10 minutes. It's my second time wrapping a safariland. Last time I used just the fabric and some 3m spray adhesive. This time it was adhesive-backed fabric. It's definitely easier and cleaner this way, but the durability of the adhesion remains TBD. The spray adhesive has lasted a couple years at this point and is going strong.
View Quote

Looks great. You've inspired me to stimulate the economy and order frogskin wrap

Unfortunately could not find any adhesive-backed. Any tips on the wrapping process?
1/19/2024 9:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho][Edited] [#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

Looks great. You've inspired me to stimulate the economy and order frogskin wrap

Unfortunately could not find any adhesive-backed. Any tips on the wrapping process?
View Quote


Not a ton of tips. Just kind of plan it before you stick it. Take your time. I cut 1-2" strips of the wax paper backer so I could peel it a section at a time so I could get it right and not get too far ahead of myself.

For non adhesive back, it's the same, but you have more of a race against time so the glue doesn't dry. I used 3M Super 77 spray. Use a sharpie or something similar to push out the bubbles in the nooks and crannies. It's better to take some extra time and get it right than have to pick it back up and compromise the seal.
1/19/2024 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

I went Rhodie, but you did a nicer job with it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20240119_192844-3100074.jpg
View Quote



My first one didn't go as nicely, but it's seen some mud and dirt and is holding up. It's a g17 holster that I heated up in water to fit a polymer 80.

Attached File
1/19/2024 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:



My first one didn't go as nicely, but it's seen some mud and dirt and is holding up. It's a g17 holster that I heated up in water to fit a polymer 80.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_8476_JPG-3100154.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

I went Rhodie, but you did a nicer job with it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20240119_192844-3100074.jpg



My first one didn't go as nicely, but it's seen some mud and dirt and is holding up. It's a g17 holster that I heated up in water to fit a polymer 80.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_8476_JPG-3100154.JPG

Going woodland on the next one, will post pics.
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
You bought ammo with jibber jabber on the label and are surprised it was corrosive?

Knight of Wonder
1/19/2024 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Going woodland on the next one, will post pics.
View Quote


Gotta be ready for the woods

Attached File


Attached File
1/19/2024 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:

Thanks!

I just got it on Amazon www.amazon.com/dp/B09RZFXWD6
View Quote


I did mine in MC.
Not as good as yours but it'll work for me.

Guess we'll find out how good the adhesive is.
1/20/2024 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Going woodland on the next one, will post pics.


Gotta be ready for the woods

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_7564_JPG-3100223.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_7568_PNG-3100225.JPG


1/20/2024 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
They told me safariland doesn't make PDP holsters... They told me safariland doesn't wrap in tropic...

Reality is what I will it to be.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_8420_JPG-3099973.JPG

But really, it's just a holster for a sig that fits perfectly after like 30 seconds of work and not even any dremeling. Wrapping took another 10 minutes. It's my second time wrapping a safariland. Last time I used just the fabric and some 3m spray adhesive. This time it was adhesive-backed fabric. It's definitely easier and cleaner this way, but the durability of the adhesion remains TBD. The spray adhesive has lasted a couple years at this point and is going strong.
View Quote

Looks great
Those who would give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
1/21/2024 9:54:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Neomonk21][Edited] [#16]
Does anyone know of a really small horizontal pouch that can go on a belt?  Admin pouches are too large for what I need.  I want something that can fit small stuff like a Zippo and other odds and ends.  Something no more than 5" wide, 3-4" high and no more than 2" deep.

I took some pictures of my belt setup this morning.  I just need to edit them a bit and get them uploaded so I can finally share my humble setup.


ETA:  The Zap-V is close to what I want but this is vertical instead of horizontal.
https://boxcuttergear.com/products/zap-m-molle-compatible?variant=41543172063364
1/21/2024 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
Does anyone know of a really small horizontal pouch that can go on a belt?  Admin pouches are too large for what I need.  I want something that can fit small stuff like a Zippo and other odds and ends.  Something no more than 5" wide, 3-4" high and no more than 2" deep.

I took some pictures of my belt setup this morning.  I just need to edit them a bit and get them uploaded so I can finally share my humble setup.


ETA:  The Zap-V is close to what I want but this is vertical instead of horizontal.
https://boxcuttergear.com/products/zap-m-molle-compatible?variant=41543172063364
View Quote


Have you looked at the Esstac boo-boo pouch?
1/21/2024 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep, any of the booboo pouches should work
RS Callsign Mayhem Midget
"I'll come for the killing and stay for the cheesecake"

SSgt Jason A Decker. 11/6/09
1/21/2024 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Yumago:


Have you looked at the Esstac boo-boo pouch?
View Quote


Oh, thanks!  I think that will work.  I'll have to pick one up.
1/22/2024 7:29:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Neomonk21][Edited] [#20]
Attached File


This is my belt so far.  I bought the belt many years ago when I was doing 3-gun so I decided to just use it for now.  It has a plastic buckle that I know won't last.

- Cheap belt
- High Speed Gear Grip panel so I can easily use it to practice dryfiring
- 2x Esstac Double Pistol GAP KWYI Pouch
- 1x Esstac KWYI Rifle Pouch
- First Spear dump pouch (I think)
- Coyote Tactical BURRITO (I still need to buy a med kit to put in it)
- T.Rex Arms Ragnarok holster for my M&P 2.0 with Surefire X300
- Bladetech Duty Drop Tek-Mount kit
- Cheap glove holder strap from Amazon
- PIG Alpha gloves

I did just buy the Blue Force Gear Boo Boo pouch for my belt so once I get that I'll add it on.  I think I'll put it right where the glove strap is and just cut the metal hook out and add it to the one-wrap when I mount the pouch.


This is my first serious attempt to setup a belt. I haven't even used it yet in this configuration so hopefully I'll figure out if it works or not.  I'd love to get the dump pouch that fits under the rifle mag just to save some space and to move it forward some.  So far from test fitting everything it seems to work for me.
1/23/2024 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Top is go-to, Bottom is the range belt.  

Still need another holster.  

Attached File
Those who would give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
1/24/2024 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#22]
@Yumago thanks for the suggestion, it works perfectly!

Attached File


Attached File


Just right to fit some odds and ends I want to keep on my belt.

- Zippo with butane insert
- SOG Powerpint multitool
- Rite in the rain pen and pad
- Streamlight Microstream flashlight
- Chapstick
- 10ft of tarred bank line
1/24/2024 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice
RS Callsign Mayhem Midget
"I'll come for the killing and stay for the cheesecake"

SSgt Jason A Decker. 11/6/09
1/24/2024 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
@Yumago thanks for the suggestion, it works perfectly!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168341/1000014215_jpg-3106302.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168341/1000014214_jpg-3106303.JPG

Just right to fit some odds and ends I want to keep on my belt.

- Zippo with butane insert
- SOG Powerpint multitool
- Rite in the rain pen and pad
- Streamlight Microstream flashlight
- Chapstick
- 10ft of tarred bank line
View Quote


Yay, I love being helpful
1/25/2024 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:



interesting
thx
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes


I ordered that not to long ago.
Just recently started messing with it.

Had to drill a few holes to get the QLS reciever to fit so my safariland holster would sit straight instead of canting.

Also modified the molle adaptors to fit better for the gocode soft shell scorpion mag pouches.

Still have a couple of thing's to do before getting everything mounted on the belt.
1/25/2024 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:


Oh, thanks!  I think that will work.  I'll have to pick one up.
View Quote
Esstac mini belt pouch
1/25/2024 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Esstac mini belt pouch
View Quote


That looks like it would have worked, too.  Eventually I want to setup another belt so I'll try that one when I do.
1/27/2024 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Wrapped my LARP gear p365 holster. Came out pretty decent but I would like to burnish the cut edges somehow.



1/27/2024 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Hoping to have some pics to upload, soon.

I just ordered a triple pistol mag pouch, a double rifle mag pouch, and a medical pouch...all esstac. I already have an esstac shooter's belt, so now I have some stuff inbound to put on it. And I'm planning on using my tax refund to get a holster for it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
1/30/2024 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what is everyone's go to thigh strap? I've used T-Rex, and now the MHA attachment. I didn't really care for either - has anyone tried the one for Forge Concepts?
Living on your knees, conformity
Or dying on your feet for honesty
1/30/2024 4:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez][Edited] [#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Whiplash_83:
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what is everyone's go to thigh strap? I've used T-Rex, and now the MHA attachment. I didn't really care for either - has anyone tried the one for Forge Concepts?
View Quote

I'm a mha whore sooo....
1/30/2024 6:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmt1271][Edited] [#32]
I'm finally putting together a simple battle belt after putting it off forever.

Ordered thru Esstac today. (thanks @esstac- ) got the enhanced gun belt and a double pistol GAP kwyi and a diaper midlength 5.56 KWYI.

That'll get me started.
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic"
1/30/2024 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jmt1271:
I'm finally putting together a simple battle belt after putting it off forever.

Ordered thru Esstac today. (thanks @esstac- ) got the enhanced gun belt and a double pistol GAP kwyi and a diaper midlength 5.56 KWYI.

That'll get me started.
View Quote

I've never been able to tell the differences between the shooter's belt and the enhanced shooter's belt. The descriptions they have online about them are identical (minus the name).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
1/30/2024 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:

I've never been able to tell the differences between the shooter's belt and the enhanced shooter's belt. The descriptions they have online about them are identical (minus the name).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:
Originally Posted By jmt1271:
I'm finally putting together a simple battle belt after putting it off forever.

Ordered thru Esstac today. (thanks @esstac- ) got the enhanced gun belt and a double pistol GAP kwyi and a diaper midlength 5.56 KWYI.

That'll get me started.

I've never been able to tell the differences between the shooter's belt and the enhanced shooter's belt. The descriptions they have online about them are identical (minus the name).

Enhanced is lighter and stiffer
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
You bought ammo with jibber jabber on the label and are surprised it was corrosive?

Knight of Wonder
1/30/2024 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Enhanced


Regular
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
You bought ammo with jibber jabber on the label and are surprised it was corrosive?

Knight of Wonder
1/30/2024 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Enhanced is lighter and stiffer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Enhanced is lighter and stiffer




They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
1/31/2024 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Whiplash_83:
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what is everyone's go to thigh strap? I've used T-Rex, and now the MHA attachment. I didn't really care for either - has anyone tried the one for Forge Concepts?
View Quote

T-Rex works well for me.  What's been your issue?
Those who would give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
1/31/2024 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I am not sure if this is allowed by the community guidelines and if it is not I will delete the link.

I made a youtube video going over my preferred belt setup with an Esstac Shooter's Belt as the base. I have some tips and tricks that some may find helpful. Thanks

https://youtu.be/ELWZSQ62Odk?si=FRb7bHVtcvviO9Rl
1/31/2024 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By nrwin:
I am not sure if this is allowed by the community guidelines and if it is not I will delete the link.

I made a youtube video going over my preferred belt setup with an Esstac Shooter's Belt as the base. I have some tips and tricks that some may find helpful. Thanks

https://youtu.be/ELWZSQ62Odk?si=FRb7bHVtcvviO9Rl
View Quote

My Duty Belt / "War Belt" Setup
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
2/4/2024 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Looking for holster suggestions…

My primary handgun is a Shadow Systems MR920 Elite (no compensator but I might add it in the future)

I have a True North adapter and QLS System but I’m willing to add/delete to either.  I like the idea of Safariland RDS/ALS but their prices seem to be significantly more than other companies out there.

What do you recommend for a war belt?
2/4/2024 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:
Looking for holster suggestions…

My primary handgun is a Shadow Systems MR920 Elite (no compensator but I might add it in the future)

I have a True North adapter and QLS System but I’m willing to add/delete to either.  I like the idea of Safariland RDS/ALS but their prices seem to be significantly more than other companies out there.

What do you recommend for a war belt?
View Quote

https://legacyfirearmsco.com/

The make holsters for a LOT of different makes and models. Plus, they can do an attachment that caters to the most popular ones out there...like the Safariland QLS Fork and the G-Code RTI Hanger and many others.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
2/8/2024 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#42]
I’m completely new to these style of belts. If a belt is marketed as a Molle belt, does that mean you can’t use one wrap to secure stuff. I’m looking at the Kore belts for example (I love their bison leather EDC belts).
2/8/2024 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Doz_TCC:
I’m completely new to these style of belts. If a belt is marketed as a Molle belt, does that mean you can’t use one wrap to secure stuff. I’m looking at the Kore belts for example (I love their bison leather EDC belts).
View Quote

You can absolutely use one wrap on a Molle belt. But I would run the one wrap in the Molle loops to keep it in place )in case the inner part of the belt doesn't have loop-side Velcro on it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
2/8/2024 4:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg][Edited] [#44]
Does anyone make a good Multicam Black ouch pouch?  Something on the smaller side, like the Blue Force Gear.

I swear I've seen one in here but I can't seem to find it.
2/8/2024 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I know fuck about shit, but why opt for a molle belt when you intend to use one wrap?
2/8/2024 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
I know fuck about shit, but why opt for a molle belt when you intend to use one wrap?
View Quote


Esstac Esstac Esstac!
2/8/2024 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:


Esstac Esstac Esstac!
View Quote

I used one wrap on my esstac enhanced belt.

My first belt so nothing to compare but it went on easy and is solid as hell.

Pleased.
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic"
2/8/2024 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Originally Posted By jmt1271:

I used one wrap on my esstac enhanced belt.

My first belt so nothing to compare but it went on easy and is solid as hell.

Pleased.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By jmt1271:
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:


Esstac Esstac Esstac!

I used one wrap on my esstac enhanced belt.

My first belt so nothing to compare but it went on easy and is solid as hell.

Pleased.


Same here.
2/8/2024 8:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKaltwasser][Edited] [#49]
I've been searching for a good molle holster for a while so that part is still open.




Elite Survival Systems outer
Fusion inner
HSG1 Single Mag
IdoGear single mag (I know, but kind of like them)
Can't remember name of  hard shell Tourni
One Tigris tear away IFAK
IdoGear dump
DPX H.E.S.T. Knife
Viktos War Torn gloves
2/8/2024 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Does anyone make a good Multicam Black ouch pouch?  Something on the smaller side, like the Blue Force Gear.

I swear I've seen one in here but I can't seem to find it.
View Quote



Flatline Fiber Co has the PIMP in multicam black.
https://flatlinefiberco.com/product/pimp-practical-individual-medical-pouch/

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 158
Next Page
Armory Sponsor