Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2021 5:07:32 PM EDT
Has anybody here ever made their own pen gun, or seen anything about design?  I think it's finally time to put one together.

I did respond to this thread but never heard anything.  No big deal, but it's time to research other options.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I stopped giving out my drawing after someone tried to sell pen parts using my name.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bjgunner:
I stopped giving out my drawing after someone tried to sell pen parts using my name.
View Quote

Will you build a kit to sell me? Lol
I want one of the Cotton Branch ones but $800 is steep
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

People can be such lousy jerks.

I'm curious - did you design your version after the usual OSS/Russian type of "squid gun" or whatever we call them in the USA? The clip trigger reminds me of that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

I'm curious - did you design your version after the usual OSS/Russian type of "squid gun" or whatever we call them in the USA? The clip trigger reminds me of that.
View Quote

Bang Stick?

OST....always wanted to build or buy one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NAM:

Bang Stick?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NAM:

Bang Stick?

Not a bang stick for sharks - this:

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Not a bang stick for sharks - this:

https://i.imgur.com/VyJ8iR8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/C0HewUC.jpg
View Quote

ahh.....gotcha
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

@bjgunner

That's awful.  

Just a guy looking to do a one-off F1 build.  But I understand your concern.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The benefit of buying one is you save 195 bucks on the stamp...

I need to practice cutting threads on the lathe, as I would like to build one with a couple different barrels. They are so simple, I do have one of the flare launcher pens with screw in flares, that would definitely be the easiest route.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
The benefit of buying one is you save 195 bucks on the stamp...

I need to practice cutting threads on the lathe, as I would like to build one with a couple different barrels. They are so simple, I do have one of the flare launcher pens with screw in flares, that would definitely be the easiest route.
View Quote

Honestly I wouldn't trust a pen flare to stand up to actual cartridges. You're better off making it from scratch with 4140 or similar. If you have a lathe and you want to make barrels for it anyway then $195 extra to make the whole thing yourself is well worth it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:46:59 AM EDT
[#10]
GSL has a really cool pen gun but I don’t know if they ever sold it commercially
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top