Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 2/12/2018 1:10:41 PM EDT
I'd like to continue the general vz61 dialog that we had going on in our last (now archived) thread.

Any Vz61 questions or discussion are welcome!

Vz61 photos ALWAYS welcome!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
To begin...

Has anyone else acquired the Czech Small Arms .22 conversion kit yet?  I've had mine since July or so, but just finally got around to trying it out.  It works reasonably well so far, but I've been having teething issues that I don't think are unusual for any .22lr.  I'll reassess it's function after the 500rd mark as I'm only at 200 or so.

It's very fun to shoot cheap .22 since the gun only shot .32 to begin with (unlike .22 from a 556 gun where it just feels like you're accomplishing nothing).  The recoil is similar to the .32, and you can still rip off rapid strings/bumps like you can with a standard .32.

I haven't made any real attempt to test the accuracy yet (since I've just been trying to do mag dumps to wear it in), but given that it's a dedicated .22lr barrel I expect it to be as accurate as any other .22.

It's a complete dedicated .22 upper, with barrel, bolt, recoil assembly, etc.  It feels very well-made.

Comparison:
Note the skeletonized bolt.

Here you can see that the BHO/safety function remains, but I believe it requires a different spring to do so.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, has anyone acquired the new Czechpoint pistol/AR tube adapter?  I may order one soon.

www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz-61-arm-brace-adapter?l=3

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It's an interesting concept for a PDW.  If you're limited to FMJ, you have to start asking yourself,"Why 9x19mm?"

It's probably the ideal noob qualifying pistol for the Texas LTC.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's an interesting concept for a PDW.  If you're limited to FMJ, you have to start asking yourself,"Why 9x19mm?"

It's probably the ideal noob qualifying pistol for the Texas LTC.
View Quote
The vz61 is traditionally 7.65x17br.  They also exist (in much smaller numbers) in 9mak and .380acp.

That said, I don't think anyone is buying these is trying to compare them to a Glock or whatever other "carry" pistol one may prefer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I assembled this kit on a RT receiver.

Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Beautiful receivers.

How do you like that holster? I stare at them all the time on eBay, but haven't moved on one yet.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Beautiful receivers.

How do you like that holster? I stare at them all the time on eBay, but haven't moved on one yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beautiful receivers.

The holsters are well made. It works great as a storage/carry case.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  The vz61 is traditionally 7.65x17br.  They also exist (in much smaller numbers) in 9mak and .380acp.

That said, I don't think anyone is buying these is trying to compare them to a Glock or whatever other "carry" pistol one may prefer.
View Quote
Quite aware it's in .32 ACP.  That's what makes it ideal for noobs qualifying for their Texas LTC - it has practically no recoil.  Come to think of it, wonder if my MIL could rack the bolt.  Have to see if one of the rental ranges has one.

I was referring to the original design criteria - if you're designing a military PDW, and you're limited to FMJ, 9x19mm has a lot of recoil, and no particular advantage over smaller rounds that will still penetrate @ least 12" of ballistic gel.  Hence 9x18, .380, and .32 all being popular European military calibers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Some Vz61 reference pics.

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Some lower receiver close up pics

Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been looking for another one of those for quite a while.  I missed out on a factory SBR one maybe 4-5 years ago and have been looking since.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got a question; I have a thread in the SBR forum about getting the holes drilled for the folding stock adapter plate in my old (before the factory pre-drilled holes) Czechpoint. I'm looking for a smith to drill the holes, who have other members used for the work? And a follow up, I moved after I picked up the plate and now I can't find the screws it came with (!), anyone have the length/thread specs handy?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for resurrecting this topic.

Having the Tailhook available for the Vz61 is going to open up the platform.

I always get envious of your lower receiver with the rate reducer installed.  The CSA lower disappoints with the plastic safety.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got a question; I have a thread in the SBR forum about getting the holes drilled for the folding stock adapter plate in my old (before the factory pre-drilled holes) Czechpoint. I'm looking for a smith to drill the holes, who have other members used for the work? And a follow up, I moved after I picked up the plate and now I can't find the screws it came with (!), anyone have the length/thread specs handy?

Thanks!
View Quote
I had a local Smith do the work for me (Curtis Tactical in Lewisburg, OH).
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I wanted one for a really long time, missed out when they were cheap, then figured I'd at least try out an airsoft version to see if the platform was right for me. Glad I did, it is not for everyone. With that adapter though and putting a buffer tube brace on it, although it will kill the compact size, it would at least make it viable, or more viable for tall, long armed people like me imo.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder what the percentage of newly produced parts the .22 upper has.

It's good to see CSA investing in the platform with all four calibers now represented.

Someone could sell $40.00 steel safeties for the CSA guns all day.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote
I just did one a couple months ago.  I can check the threads when I get home, but I think they are M4x12  0.7.  It's not terribly hard if you take your time, but if you screw up, it's... Not good.  The holes will exit the "ears" in the back of the receiver and it'll look bad. You'd need a nice drill press, and tap/drill bit set, as well as a bottom tap.

Edit: Are you in PA?

Quoted:
Thanks for resurrecting this topic.

Having the Tailhook available for the Vz61 is going to open up the platform.

I always get envious of your lower receiver with the rate reducer installed.  The CSA lower disappoints with the plastic safety.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly on the tailhook.

You can add the reducer to yours.  It's about $100 in parts, plus a drill bit. You'd only need a mill to profile the ear, which is cosmetic as far as I can tell.

Quoted:
I wonder what the percentage of newly produced parts the .22 upper has.
View Quote
It is at least the whole bolt and barrel.  I think the receiver is new, as it feels a bit lighter/thinner, but I can't be certain that it isn't the textured finish throwing me off.  I didn't inspect the sights as closely, but I can later this evening.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Glad to see this gun finally getting some recognition. Just got my form 1 back last week on mine. Always thought these little guns were so cool. I also have the .22 kit which I haven’t tried yet. Waiting on threaded uppers now.

I will second the post on steel safeties. Only thing that feels flimsy on the gun.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote
Troy at In Range did mine for me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Glad to see this gun finally getting some recognition. Just got my form 1 back last week on mine. Always thought these little guns were so cool. I also have the .22 kit which I haven’t tried yet. Waiting on threaded uppers now.

I will second the post on steel safeties. Only thing that feels flimsy on the gun.
View Quote
The threaded uppers are supposed to be released within a week or so.  I'm just hoping they aren't big money.  My total guess...they are probably going to be around $275 for just the threaded barrel and upper receiver, no bolt.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone have a coupon code for Techsmith?

Looking to pick up some of their product for Tailhooks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Ha. I think I see what you're up to.

I went ahead and ordered the Czechpoint adapter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Great thread! I love mine.  I was not aware of a 22LR conversion - must get!

I always thought for long armed guys like myself that a brace that resembles the factory folding stock would be apt.  Doing the math on it, the stock reaches back to my forearm closer to the elbow - a true brace would be apt - design it so it folds over and viola!
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm going to have to look into some 7.62 dies...............

oh no
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ve got a silencerco omega 9k that just came in, and I would like to have my barrel threaded to fit an adapter that would bump it up to .5x28. Any of you guys had you barrel threaded and if so what pitch would work on the vz.61 barrel?
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’ve got a silencerco omega 9k that just came in, and I would like to have my barrel threaded to fit an adapter that would bump it up to .5x28. Any of you guys had you barrel threaded and if so what pitch would work on the vz.61 barrel?
View Quote
Given the downtime, cost and complexity... I'd just wait a week or two until Czechpoint releases their threaded uppers.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Still on my wish list to get.  I almost bought one a few months ago.  Glad it didn't work out as it was a scam.  Where's the best place to pick one up?
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Still on my wish list to get.  I almost bought one a few months ago.  Glad it didn't work out as it was a scam.  Where's the best place to pick one up?
View Quote
Complete gun? Either Czechpoint or Recon Ordnance.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#29]
The .32 and .22 threaded uppers were out of stock before I got a chance to order one. Dang. Oh well I will wait to come back in stock.

Does anyone know if the lowers are the same between calibers? Wouldn’t mind having a .380 or 9mm upper to play with on my sbr lower.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The .32 and .22 threaded uppers were out of stock before I got a chance to order one. Dang. Oh well I will wait to come back in stock.

Does anyone know if the lowers are the same between calibers? Wouldn’t mind having a .380 or 9mm upper to play with on my sbr lower.
View Quote
9mm lowers have the same magwell, but not the 7.62. Check the CSA website to confirm.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Given the downtime, cost and complexity... I'd just wait a week or two until Czechpoint releases their threaded uppers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$50 Kimber adapter, $65 or so to get the factory barrel threaded 9/16x28 at DallasshootingSupply, and IDK yet for a Kimber thread protector. Factory threaded upper at $279 or so, when in shock. I saved money going the adapter route. Not sure if that was the right choice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
To begin...

Has anyone else acquired the Czech Small Arms .22 conversion kit yet?  I've had mine since July or so, but just finally got around to trying it out.  It works reasonably well so far, but I've been having teething issues that I don't think are unusual for any .22lr.  I'll reassess it's function after the 500rd mark as I'm only at 200 or so.

It's very fun to shoot cheap .22 since the gun only shot .32 to begin with (unlike .22 from a 556 gun where it just feels like you're accomplishing nothing).  The recoil is similar to the .32, and you can still rip off rapid strings/bumps like you can with a standard .32.

I haven't made any real attempt to test the accuracy yet (since I've just been trying to do mag dumps to wear it in), but given that it's a dedicated .22lr barrel I expect it to be as accurate as any other .22.

It's a complete dedicated .22 upper, with barrel, bolt, recoil assembly, etc.  It feels very well-made.

Comparison:
Note the skeletonized bolt.
https://imageshack.com/i/pnVkGd7Bj

https://imageshack.com/i/pmgqP5c1j

Here you can see that the BHO/safety function remains, but I believe it requires a different spring to do so.
https://imageshack.com/i/pnrRSe2Vj
View Quote
What kind of teething issues? I’m waiting for my threaded conversion to ship. Which ammo works best?
That skeletonized bolt looks like the .22 bolt in a Lage Max11/22 conversion. I wonder which came first?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Nothing out of the ordinary for a semi .22, at least in my experience.  The instructions in the box recommend CCI round nose.

I went a bit overboard the other day. I ordered another .22 kit with threaded barrel (my non threaded is for sale now) and a threaded 765 upper... And pistol tube adapter for the hell of it... I'll post pics when they show up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I've been waiting on some accessories for a long time. I reached out to Czechpoint about making some stock adapters quite a while ago, at the time they said they were working on some stuff but the vz61 wasn't the priority at the time. I'm glad they are following through.

I made myself a AR15 grip adapter and red dot mount in the meantime. I don't have access to machine tools so it was all done by a hacksaw, and files out of a 80% AR15 and 1913 blanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've been waiting on some accessories for a long time. I reached out to Czechpoint about making some stock adapters quite a while ago, at the time they said they were working on some stuff but the vz61 wasn't the priority at the time. I'm glad they are following through.

I made myself a AR15 grip adapter and red dot mount in the meantime. I don't have access to machine tools so it was all done by a hacksaw, and files out of a 80% AR15 and 1913 blanks
http://puu.sh/zreTs/50323dbe0f.jpg
View Quote
That is a hell of an entrance into a thread!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#38]
2 questions

I have a vz61 sbr...

Does anyone sell threaded barrels and is it possible to swap the barrel out youreslf? I dont like sending my c3 stuff out.

Does anyone sell an optic or laser mount? Ive tried the scope ring on the front but it never worked.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Does the stock still fold with that setup? I've been wanting one for years and if I can replicate that I'd be hard pressed to pass up the next one I see.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
2 questions

I have a vz61 sbr...

Does anyone sell threaded barrels and is it possible to swap the barrel out youreslf? I dont like sending my c3 stuff out.

Does anyone sell an optic or laser mount? Ive tried the scope ring on the front but it never worked.
View Quote
Czechpoint has posted that the trunnion is different. They do offer a threaded upper.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a book written in Czech about the vz. 61 and seeing the photos of the red dot reminded me of what I found in it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I made something very similar to this, but for a side folding vz58 stock.  I never finished it though. Very cool.

I've always wanted to buy that book.  How is it?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've always wanted to buy that book.  How is it?
View Quote
It’s got some good photos and exploded parts diagrams in it. I think I would like it a lot more if I could get the book translated.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Czechpoint has posted that the trunnion is different. They do offer a threaded upper.
View Quote
So id have to swap the whole upper to get a threaded bbl?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah ive seen that pic a million times. Problem is that i cant find a scope ring that fits since my trunnion is more "sloped/angled" than those pics.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:  I've been waiting on some accessories for a long time. I reached out to Czechpoint about making some stock adapters quite a while ago, at the time they said they were working on some stuff but the vz61 wasn't the priority at the time. I'm glad they are following through.

View Quote
Well done.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah ive seen that pic a million times. Problem is that i cant find a scope ring that fits since my trunnion is more "sloped/angled" than those pics.
View Quote
Yeah, also it’s a different stock with the rear loop going over the red dot the way it does.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Stock/brace adapter showed up.

It pains my inner purist, but I'm not going to lie, it's a handy little booger in this form.  I'll probably try to shoot it next week.  The piece itself seems very well made, and the aesthetics are pleasing as well.

If you have no intention of ever registering your receiver, I'd tell you to buy this thing immediately.  Even if you plan to, this is still a pretty cool stock mounting option.

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The threaded uppers are supposed to be released within a week or so.  I'm just hoping they aren't big money.  My total guess...they are probably going to be around $275 for just the threaded barrel and upper receiver, no bolt.
View Quote
Who sells the .22 conversions? I'd like to get one.... Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Stock/brace adapter showed up.

It pains my inner purist, but I'm not going to lie, it's a handy little booger in this form.  I'll probably try to shoot it next week.  The piece itself seems very well made, and the aesthetics are pleasing as well.

If you have no intention of ever registering your receiver, I'd tell you to buy this thing immediately.  Even if you plan to, this is still a pretty cool stock mounting option.

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/9444/owwwFq.jpg
View Quote
Is it hard to aim?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top