Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 3/8/2024 6:14:58 PM EDT
I've been working on this for a couple months now and it has been working great.
I ran in RR's but a friend ran with a RDIAS and will certainly work with a RLL once the CE has been clearanced.

All the details are on my site here: https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=1733

I'll post some of the details here for all of you with ADHD.

Below is the configuration I ran in the February SMG match.   It has been through about 1K rounds with arguably zero malfunctions.  Read my site for clarification.

I ran the configuration below close to 1K rounds last weekend with zero malfunctions.

Quick video:
Amphibian's Hybrid CMMG Dissent

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Impressive Amphibian. Most impressive.

Still need to read it as a couple more times to decide if it's the right approach for my RLL.  Looks like you put a lot of thought into it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
amphibian, I am now home from down South for the winter and am now looking at shot timers.
I want to now quantify the difference in rate of fire in my M16a1 with both the factory buffer and my Kynshot RB5001 hydraulic buffer.

What timer do you use?
Are you happy with it?
Have you used others that you would prefer over the one you have, but haven't due to the fact you already have one?

RCA
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kingoftheriver:
amphibian, I am now home from down South for the winter and am now looking at shot timers.
I want to now quantify the difference in rate of fire in my M16a1 with both the factory buffer and my Kynshot RB5001 hydraulic buffer.

What timer do you use?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kingoftheriver:

What timer do you use?
In most of my recent pictures, you will see I'm using is an older version of this one:
https://competitionelectronics.com/products/protimer-bt
The online manual shows the new one still has built in rounds per minute function.
Are you happy with it?
Yes, very happy with it.  Easy to adjust sensitivity which I have to do on suppressed setups.  I would presume the new version would work just as good or better.

Have you used others that you would prefer over the one you have, but haven't due to the fact you already have one?

RCA
I also have an old PACT MKIV which I don't think works as good as this one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By linuxgnar:
Impressive Amphibian. Most impressive.
View Quote

Totally agree. I've been uber impressed with the work Amphibian has done for us over the years. Big thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:30:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lightguy] [#5]
Entered in error.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Amphibian

Just ordered the ProTimer BT 4720 you suggested.
Hope to have it this week and data on rate of fire by early next week.

RCA
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top