Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2024 2:58:15 PM EDT
I need a quick access handgun safe. Ideally it would be mechanical so I don't have to worry about batteries. I recall my dad having one when I was a kid, that had four mechanical buttons that you could press in a particular order to open. It needs to fit a Glock 34 sized handgun. I know such a safe won't stop anyone from stealing it, but my primary goal is to ensure kids can't get into it.

What are the best options?
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Fas1
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
VLine Brute. Bolt it to a nightstand.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing is toddler proof. They push buttons….A LOT

But I have the electronic version of what you are looking for. Batteries last for years. I feel pretty comfortable it will work when I need it and will keep kids out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I own Vlines.   I also have a couple of the new nightguards by Hornady / Snap Safe.   I'd recommend a Nightguard.    RFID, they plug in, they have batteries and keys
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Fas1
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a Vaultek LifePod, because I travel with it, it's been working great for a while now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Fort Knox with Simplex lock.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Simplex is the type of push button lock.

Vline, I'm pretty sure, are all made in USA.

Don't think a toddler would get in, if you get combo wrong you have to turn knob counterclockwise to reset.  You can't just keep pushing buttons until it opens.  Can also set up to require single and/or simultaneous double button pushes.

I was set on electronic, but got Simplex.  I think electronic has more to go wrong and Simplex is really fast, easy to do in the dark etc.

I think Fas1 (Fast1?) is going out of business (health issues for owner)?  I have a couple Vlines that I love, and would get a Fas1 if I needed a new one (if they are still available.....)
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By soulman:

I think Fas1 (Fast1?) is going out of business (health issues for owner)?  I have a couple Vlines that I love, and would get a Fas1 if I needed a new one (if they are still available.....)
View Quote
I contacted Fas1 when I heard they were going out of business. It got taken over by a friend of the family and they are still in production.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I was looking for the same thing and came across this company along with those listed above.
https://stopboxusa.com/

I have not purchased one yet. I am still undecided.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#13]
The stopbox thing for the AR15 has peaked my interest. I didn't think there were any decent options for the AR15.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ZW17:
Someone needs to invent a safe that will alarm if the code is entered incorrectly after six tries.

This will keep a kid from trying over and over.

I’d pay good money for that option.
View Quote

I believe the Vaultek safes have a model that does this. Sends an alert to your phone
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:12:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#15]
Originally Posted By ZW17:
Someone needs to invent a safe that will alarm if the code is entered incorrectly after six tries.

This will keep a kid from trying over and over.

I’d pay good money for that option.
View Quote

Pretty sure my Vaultek does that, but after one incorrect try. It sends notifications to my cell phone, even if someone moves the safe. There might be an alarm after multiple tries. I have the RS500i.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top