Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2023 2:51:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Diz:
Looking at some airsoft optics for training rifles, both airsoft and RS.  Which vendor do you think is better?  Looking at airsoft combos of EXPS3-0's and G33/43 3X's.  From what I've researched so far, Holy Warrior seems to have an edge, but wanted to get some different opinions.  Planning on using NV with both so need the best one with NV settings.  Also a decent (say IP-67) water-proof level is a must.  I have read the HW is nitro purged but have not been able to confirm that.
View Quote

In my experience there are no good eotech clones. They’ll all be non adjustable and have very dark lenses. But I’ve heard good things about holy warriors aimpoint clones.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I know you are probably chasing the Eotech form factor for your training gun but I suggest you pick up something from Primary arms. Probably not much more expensive and the NVG settings work. The MD25 has been pretty great with night vision for me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Please report back. I have been toying with getting back in the game after I retire and loose my FoF time on company dime.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 3:53:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SemperShadow:
Please report back. I have been toying with getting back in the game after I retire and loose my FoF time on company dime.

Inquiring minds want to know.
View Quote

@Diz
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a EG Vudu 1-6 a couple months back to test on real steel and I say skip it entirely even for airsoft.

The uncapped turrets were more loose than the real one, would get spun by anything.
Reticle didn't disappear at 6x leaving a red ring around the edges.
The Ocular housing wiggles up and down right out of box, probably wouldn't survive mild bumping.
The clarity was surprisingly OK in the glass, but very noticeable color aberrations at 4x+

The 30mm Scalarworks clone I got on the other hand seems surprisingly solid.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 9:42:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UMP45_Enthusiast:
I picked up a EG Vudu 1-6 a couple months back to test on real steel and I say skip it entirely even for airsoft.

The uncapped turrets were more loose than the real one, would get spun by anything.
Reticle didn't disappear at 6x leaving a red ring around the edges.
The Ocular housing wiggles up and down right out of box, probably wouldn't survive mild bumping.
The clarity was surprisingly OK in the glass, but very noticeable color aberrations at 4x+

The 30mm Scalarworks clone I got on the other hand seems surprisingly solid.
View Quote

Would like to add my extreme disappointment of the ATACR I bought. Same wiggle in the ocular housing that affects the reticle. I was really hoping to use it for a 22LR gun because of their claims of holding zero on real stuff. I was going to send it in for a replacement, but a friend has the same issue on his and thinking it's a flaw in their design or assembly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#8]
As an update, I have been pleasantly surprised by the HW optics.  Yes, they are airsoft optics, but surprisingly good for the money.  They are nitro purged, so that is a step in the right direction.  For just general training purposes, I am happy with them.  I do a lot more patrolling and land nav than I do live fire, so I don't have a heavy firing schedule, but when I did do live fire they didn't blow up, melt, or fall off.  The zero is a little fiddly and did shift a bit, but that's to be expected.  Just make it a pre-combat check, just like the laser, and drive on.  

If you have secondary rifles you need to stash or cache somewhere, this is an excellent option, IMHO.  

And of course for milsim it will work just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top