Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 66
Posted: 8/28/2017 2:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon]
Mod edit...OK, here's the thread. All the whining and moaning can run free. Leave all the other threads to the facts around approvals.

I want to fucking bitch about how I'm seeing guys from god damn November getting approvals and I've got one from September 28th I've yet to hear shit about. Cmon freaking ATF. This is such bullshit. I just got off the phone with them. Still pending.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
it does suck

are the others in a diff state/region?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
My last can was almost exactly one year (July).
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got back a form 1 individual sent late August. Im seeing individual approvals all over the place makes me hopefully for some I sent in November soon. I got about 10 pending forms at this point over last 12 months.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You boys see that 1/11/17 that just got posted?!

Is that, hope, that I feel?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:12:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Nope. Most of 'me can't get past their own bitching and moaning to see any glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

They even complain about not having anywhere to whine.

View Quote
ATF should do a one time birthday present approval.  No matter where you are in line, if it's your birthday you get a happy little surprise.  

Just throwing that out there........
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Can we get Mr. January in here to tell us more about his super early approval?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine was almost a year to the day.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Nope. Most of 'me can't get past their own bitching and moaning to see any glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

View Quote
Same few people too. There are plenty of threads you can bitch in, but we need one for every subsection in the armory section I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Lol. I have to appease the little girl in me.

I wouldn't be as bad but I'm a moron and forgot to put my pics in so I know it'll be an extra two weeks longer than it already is going to be.

My glimmer and hope got beat up and stomped on by prolonged government red tape lol.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Torchy:
View Quote
He is probably afraid. He'd be smart not to show his face round these parts

I got another one that went pending last week. We will see how long that takes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
I'll change my username to Mr. January if they'll let me as penance. Don't worry guys I'm sure the post office will shit all over my envelope or something for you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't feel too bad, got a guy still waiting on 2 Form 4s mailed in at end of June 2016.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never seen someone on arf with 50% feedback rating. Seems legit
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Day 240
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FullAutoHound:
I want to fucking bitch about how I'm seeing guys from god damn November getting approvals and I've got one from September 28th I've yet to hear shit about. Cmon freaking ATF. This is such bullshit. I just got off the phone with them. Still pending.
View Quote
Nice EE feedback...

Seriously my first Suppressor took 8 months in 2012 and my second was 4 months in 2015.

I guess it just depends on your state ATF guy and how well he or she knows you.

I have heard a rumor of someone buying a $40k Machine gun and got approved in a month

All about the $$ and who you know
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
If I had a early approval I wouldn't say a word.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#19]
From what I've seen I suspect they've gone back to examiners being assigned specific states.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
Day 240 http://s6.postimg.org/d7c55vo0x/nfa_wait.gif
View Quote
329 here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
Day 240 http://s6.postimg.org/d7c55vo0x/nfa_wait.gif
View Quote
I'll be celebrating when yours finally comes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Is the title of this thread alluding to...Fight Club?

I don't count days when waiting, only months
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#24]
a right delayed is a right denied
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Aby001:
View Quote
Absolutely supporting the 1st Amendment, I can't help wondering if his conversations with ATF were as eloquent as his post.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:39:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAutoHound] [#26]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
View Quote
speaking up about a subject you know nothing about. Seems intelligent. Not being able to see a scenario where shit happens, especially when PayPal is involved, means you haven't used PayPal long enough.

It's at 50 and it's going to stay at 50 since I'll no longer do any business on boards with certain mods here.

Gotta love the clowns that look at every other thing but the thread topic and try to speak about it like it matters.

Yeah, my feedback score has anything to do with how long the ATF takes to process our rights. . Way to look real intelligent.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Minshooter:

Absolutely supporting the 1st Amendment, I can't help wondering if his conversations with ATF were as eloquent as his post.
View Quote
Lol oh boy. . I'd love to meet some of you guys. Seriously.

Since you're asking I have the lady on the phone, who seemed to be short on pleasantness herself, my serial number and name. She then proceeded to tell me my submission was received September 28 and it's pending and then she went silent. I said thank you and that was it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Dat EE score doe
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By A_W:

I'll change my username to Mr. January if they'll let me as penance. Don't worry guys I'm sure the post office will shit all over my envelope or something for you.
View Quote
Haha yes change it! I'm gonna call today on 4 Form4's that went pending early December. It'd be reallllly funny if they were approved.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mybronco2] [#30]
You may be pissed for awile...
Highly unlikely

6/16 to 8/17 (eta...thats with no issues)

The stamp was "in the mail" for 5 full weeks

After you get to over a year, then you can get upset, but it won't work.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By FullAutoHound:

Lol oh boy. . I'd love to meet some of you guys. Seriously.

Since you're asking I have the lady on the phone, who seemed to be short on pleasantness herself, my serial number and name. She then proceeded to tell me my submission was received September 28 and it's pending and then she went silent. I said thank you and that was it.
View Quote
My examiner in NC is pretty easy to work with.

mine went pending 7 Jun 17 and I asked He if it would be ok If I checked every 90 days.

She said that was fine and a call every 90 days was fine.

She told me to expect about 7-9 months at this point.

No worries, I do understand about being pissed if it has been a year.

She even picked up on the third ring, was polite and answered all my questions.

Hopefully with the new bar code form 4s my next suppressor purchase will be the same as the one I bought in 2015(4 months)
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:32:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Tanren37:

ATF should do a one time birthday present approval.  No matter where you are in line, if it's your birthday you get a happy little surprise.  

View Quote
Have you seen their organizational system?    They dont know you exist until they see it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Surely complaining in a tech forum about something out of your control, and knowing  would take forever will help speed things up. Not to mention your shit attitude. You sound like a wonderful human. I hope your form comes back quickly.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm still waiting on a Form 1 Trust that went pending July 30th, 2016. I gave up on calling, I'll just wait for it to show up in the mail. Hopefully it isn't too much longer.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:46:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmatera] [#35]
8/1/16 Form 4 Trust.  Still waiting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Eleven forms in process ranging from 15 days to 451 days (150 of which were a Form 3 gone rogue).

In a weird way I like having something to look forward to. It's my own little mystery Christmas.

Agonizing Christmas.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have a pending form 4, that I started on my birthday LAST year (Sept). Two weeks to go, let's see if they can go 3/3 on my form 4s taking 1 year.  

I hate to bitch, I really want to get excited about barcodes and instant F3. But for fuck sake, even my post 41F is taking 1 fucking year. Which "was" supposed to have gone way faster cuz of the drop off in submittals... Yea okay.  At this rate we will get 3 month F4s by the time Trump is out of office.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:13:15 AM EDT
[#38]
I can only assume this is your first form?  Or did you just feel like crying?  

Hell I don't even remember what month my last one was submitted in.  Pretty sure it was April or May though.  It's easier to just forget.  It'll get here when it gets here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#39]
just remember every time you call and ask they move your forum down 2" in the pile.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#40]
this is super gay.  i been needing a rifle can, but no way in hell am i waiting a year for this pencil pushers to circle jerk each other....

my 22 can, 4 mo

9mm can, 3 mo  

that was like 10 years ago but what ev!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#41]
My Form 4 that went pending 12/27/16 was just approved yesterday 8/30/17. Just waiting for it to show up at the dealer. All my others from August and September have been back for over a month now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By blue70chevelle:
My Form 4 that went pending 12/27/16 was just approved yesterday 8/30/17. Just waiting for it to show up at the dealer. All my others from August and September have been back for over a month now.
View Quote
*sarcastic happy clap here*

*legit thumbs up here*

*sadness and depression here*
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#44]
You know what's bullshit? This thread, don't buy nfa items if you can't deal with the wait.... because that's part of it. Wait times go up and down, then back up again. If you buy enough then you get approved forms every month or few. If you are so fed up with wait times then cancel your forms and go on about your way.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#45]
You know what's bullshit? This thread, don't buy nfa items if you can't deal with the wait.... because that's part of it. Wait times go up and down, then back up again. If you buy enough then you get approved forms every month or few. If you are so fed up with wait times then cancel your forms and go on about your way.
View Quote
Or...I don't know...

Avoid the thread if you can't stand the bitching?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
I agree the whining is dumb, but we absolutely need a thread dedicated to it so that it isn't EVERYWHERE else.

I'm so sick of seeing people spam the timeline threads with their bellyaching and the "nfa wait" emote. Waiting sucks, we get it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CrawdadsRevenge:

I agree the whining is dumb, but we absolutely need a thread dedicated to it so that it isn't EVERYWHERE else.

I'm so sick of seeing people spam the timeline threads with their bellyaching and the "nfa wait" emote. Waiting sucks, we get it.
View Quote

Found these while looking for the NFA wait emote...
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By goloud:

Found these while looking for the NFA wait emote...
View Quote

I guess it's not an "official" emote. I've seen it so often I though it was. Now that I think about it, it was really just one person using it over and over.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Buying one every month or so helps with the wait.

It's like your own little birthday party.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Do you think he/she cares how long you have to wait?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top