Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2020 5:08:23 AM EDT
I recently got an ACR stock to put on my Bren 2 SBR using the Dan Haga adapter which requires removing the factory end plate.

It came as a surprise to me that there was a spring inside the hinge.

My worry is that there might have been something else in there as well that was ejected by the spring that I didn't notice, some kind of detent or something.

The ACR manual seems to be MIA from the Bushmaster website so I can't check the diagrams.

Can anyone set my mind at ease that I didn't lose any parts?
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure it is just the spring and the big roll pin.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It's only the spring and roll pin, they never released a diagram for the stocks and handguards.  Those parts were sold as a complete piece.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Just a spring.

One of my recent production, black ACR stocks did not have a spring in the hinge.

Anyone know what size roll pin is used?  Id like a spare as one of my stocks has a rather beat up roll pin after I removed a KDG Scar adapter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I’d have to check but it’s pretty large.  I’m gonna buy a bag of those pins pretty soon for a couple projects.  It’s something like 2.5 inches long with a 3/16 diameter
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigdog200399:
I’d have to check but it’s pretty large.  I’m gonna buy a bag of those pins pretty soon for a couple projects.  It’s something like 2.5 inches long with a 3/16 diameter
View Quote

Did you ever nail down a size on these things?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Did you ever nail down a size on these things?
View Quote

Just went and pounded one out I had lying around waiting for an MP5 adapter.

2.25” long. Caliper measured it at .195X inches thick, I assume it was .2” before being compressed the first time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:

Just went and pounded one out I had lying around waiting for an MP5 adapter.

2.25” long. Caliper measured it at .195X inches thick, I assume it was .2” before being compressed the first time.
View Quote

Thanks bud.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top