Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2023 4:48:55 PM EDT
Hi guys,

I purchased a SureFire 3 Prong Eliminator .762 Flash Hider - 5/8x24 from Primary Arms, thinking it would sync right up.  However, after some googling / searching on this form, this might not be the case.  There seems to be a lot of debate about mounting muzzle devices to the Scar.  The lack of consensus makes me wonder if I made the wrong choice...

What is the latest on the subject?  Will it work?  Hopefully flash hiders ship with required hardware.  Any other considerations?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 5:31:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: billytehbob] [#1]
I ran one on my Scar 17 when I had it, you just needed a shoulder adapter between the MD and barrel.

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/product/surefire-scar-17mk20-shoulder-ring/

I do not know/remember if the Surefire 7.62 muzzle devices come with said ring.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By billytehbob:
I ran one on my Scar 17 when I had it, you just needed a shoulder adapter between the MD and barrel.

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/product/surefire-scar-17mk20-shoulder-ring/

I do not know/remember if the Surefire 7.62 muzzle devices come with said ring.
View Quote

All of the "SOCOM" muzzle devices come with the shoulder ring, not sure about the one OP ordered.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:43:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: themao] [#3]
Surefire does not sell a muzzle device directly to consumers that times to the face of the muzzle. All of their SOCOM flash hiders time to the shoulder of the barrel. You will have to send your barrel to Surefire if you want them to use special shims to time it to your barrel’s muzzle.

I bought my SCAR 17s in 2012 and got a Surefire SOCOM 762 suppressor for it in 2013. This was before the KBA shoulder ring, and Surefire told me to use their washer backwards. After 2000 rounds it lost concentricity due to shoulder deformation. I sent the barrel to a very reputable SCAR gunsmith who uses the KBA ring and got the same result. Sent the barrel to Surefire and they fixed it with muzzle shims they don’t sell to the public.

Bottom line: I recommend buying a muzzle device that times to the muzzle and not the shoulder of the barrel. Dead Air makes a Keymo flash hider specific to the SCAR 17. That is what I would recommend to you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a 3P mounted with that washer then I tried it without the washer and threaded the 3P down to the muzzle before it bottomed out on the barrel cut. Now I am wondering if I really need that Washer.  Any comments from ya'll?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:00:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4A1] [#5]
Never heard this. I have Surefire warcomps on my 17's
No issues at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top