Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2023 2:46:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoatBoy]
Been watching some Milsim West videos on Youtube.  Looks like fun and decent training.

What's a good entry-level rifle/pistol combo?  In real life, I run an AR carbine and Glock 17.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:
Been watching some Milsim West videos on Youtube.  Looks like fun and decent training.

What's a good entry-level rifle/pistol combo?  In real life, I run an AR carbine and Glock 17.
View Quote
I've always wanted to try this.

The gear looks pretty cool... I'd want an AR, G18 or G34 to start.  
Then possibly a MP5 or SD and a long barrel Sniper just for Grins.

I have a few acres of yard.  I thought about buying some sheets of plywood and some of those big square plastic water tanks for shit to hide behind or around...

Link Posted: 7/27/2023 2:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
As a new player, I would suggest an electric M4 type due to ease of use and price, capacity, and weight of the magazines. Not sure who to recommend, but I'd would stay away from most of the licensed ones (Colt, Daniel Defense, Knight's, etc) because they're usually sub-par.

For the Glock, Umarex/Elite Force (either made by VFC or GHK) seem to be readily available due to licensing and run good out of the box. I have a 17 and 19.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know much about the different offerings; I just buy whatever is most expensive.

But as far as events, check out American Milsim too. They have 2 big games in Texas every year. Fort Hood MOUT site game in December.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Fun fun fun!!!!

I bought my son an umarex EF m4.

Bought another for me after shooting it.

Haven’t even messed with the adjustment feature you can put on the 6mm ammo….

I should go squeeze off some walking fire.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:06:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FirelightGuy] [#5]

Set up for my next match.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought one of these last year and am happy with it, kicks harder than my M&P .22 does! they make one that is $100 cheaper but are usually sold out.
https://www.evike.com/products/78541/

Bought my G17 many years back, you could not buy a complete one but could buy a replacement slide assy. and frame for $50 each.
Don't remember where I got it but Evike also sells GBB Glocks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 12:37:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By motoguzzi:
I bought one of these last year and am happy with it, kicks harder than my M&P .22 does! they make one that is $100 cheaper but are usually sold out.

Bought my G17 many years back, you could not buy a complete one but could buy a replacement slide assy. and frame for $50 each.
Don't remember where I got it but Evike also sells GBB Glocks.
View Quote

I got my GBBR from Evike, as well as another flash hider for it, a comms PTT, and BCM grip. Plan on getting a GBB Glock 45 next.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 2:48:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By motoguzzi:
View Quote

While great for the realism, I wouldn't recommend a GBBR for someone that is starting and wanting to budget.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
AMERICAN MILSIM: IRONHORSE IV ; LINEAR ASSAULT!
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#10]
MILSIM WEST: STAVROPOL - The Most Realistic WarGame In the US

NATO ATTACK GONE WRONG - Milsim West Stavropol (Part 2) Airsoft Wargame

Link Posted: 8/7/2023 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Recommendations for an M4 AEG?

I haven't played in years.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
Recommendations for an M4 AEG?

I haven't played in years.
View Quote

I believe the cyma platinums are pretty solid and fairly priced.

That's what i was looking into until I just decided to go full retard on an MTW.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Do some airsoft rifles use legit blanks?  I was watching Garand Thumb's airsoft (Milsim West) video, and someone off in the distance is firing off what sounds like a real rifle (and I gotta assume it's an airsoft gun shooting blanks).
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Do some airsoft rifles use legit blanks?  I was watching Garand Thumb's airsoft (Milsim West) video, and someone off in the distance is firing off what sounds like a real rifle (and I gotta assume it's an airsoft gun shooting blanks).
View Quote

None that I know of. It would be too close to a real firearm at that point.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
The grenades are pretty loud.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Nah. Probably just gas powered guns.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Nobody around here to play, it would be fun though.

So, I leave you with this instead.

Weeb Brings MOANING Anime Gun to Airsoft Game...
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 8:00:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FirelightGuy] [#18]
View Quote

Milsim West permits blank fire at its events. Players are not obligated to call hits, you can't use it within a certain range or indoors at all. Players must behave as if they are taking incoming fire, and *may* choose to call it as a hit (dead to rights type scenarios like walking slow in a linear danger area etc,) and its therefore used in a suppression role. Yes its real guns, with blank fire adapters.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Just started my 5yo son. We're shooting almost daily now.
Charlie's first time shooting airsoft
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ1QiXjfRQk
View Quote

What (airsoft) 1911 is that?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:28:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#21]
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 8:56:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#22]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ1QiXjfRQk

I'll get back to you

Eta
Attachment Attached File

Kjworks
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Diz:
Hey guys I've been checking out Paragon Armory for some equipment, namely SomoGear lasers.  How do their "Paragon Spec" rifle systems compare to, say, Tokyo Mauri, or HAO?  Trying to set up a nice Mk-18/URGI to match my RS stuff.
View Quote
$1500-$1800 for an airsoft rifle? Whoa.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 3:12:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: firemed13] [#24]
I have been using a phatco built 416 for about 3 years now, it was just shy of $2000. Worth every penny. Seriously I can out distance snipers and the accuracy is insane. I've been playing airsoft since 2001 or so before that going back to the early 1990s paintball and one thing that is true of both: if you want quality its going to cost ya.
Phatco custom
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Keep in mind that many of the GBBR will limit your ability since it is harder to adjust the velocity, also they are much more maintenance intensive versus and AEG. I went with a Specna arms M4 and so far I am happy with it. Pistol I went with the Elite Force Glock 17 Gen 5 Green gas. Its pretty amazing for the price. My current real pistol is. gen 5 G34 MOS. So I wanted something that can use my Holster. The recoil is the best part. Some places you have a min standoff distance with rifles so if you are clearing buildings then usually you have to clear them with a pistol.

The Specna arms are already setup with an upgraded gear box and a high quality Mosfet so most of the time you do not need to upgrade.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By IDidThat:
$1500-$1800 for an airsoft rifle? Whoa.
View Quote

Pricey for something that shoots plastic pellets, but it's the quality of the parts used and the workmanship.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I would stay away from a GBBR for your first M4. They are finicky, require a lot more maintenance than a real fire arm and will probably piss you off that it doesn't work like you think it should.  

PTS makes good stuff.
I like my Krytac a lot. Just don't go upgrade crazy on it. You'll regret it.
I switched to a MTW a year ago and haven't looked back but that's a large investment to jump into.

On the cheaper end, Lancer, G&G can both be had pretty cheap and would be a decent starting point.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Recommendations for a bump helmet with electronic ear pro/rails?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Earax:
I would stay away from a GBBR for your first M4. They are finicky, require a lot more maintenance than a real fire arm and will probably piss you off that it doesn't work like you think it should.  

PTS makes good stuff.
I like my Krytac a lot. Just don't go upgrade crazy on it. You'll regret it.
I switched to a MTW a year ago and haven't looked back but that's a large investment to jump into.

On the cheaper end, Lancer, G&G can both be had pretty cheap and would be a decent starting point.
View Quote
Bought a Krytac and heard from several upgrading is expensive, frustrating, and often useless.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:29:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Bought a Krytac and heard from several upgrading is expensive, frustrating, and often useless.
View Quote

Sorry for the fan boi but Phatco will mod up your Krying Tac.
https://www.phatcocustoms.com/krytac-division
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Recommendations for a bump helmet with electronic ear pro/rails?
View Quote

https://www.evike.com/products/18310/

PTS makes some solid stuff I had this helmet pretty decent and comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#32]
My Krytac runs like a laser now and is fantastic but the amount of time, money, frustration and effort getting it to where it is now is absolutely not worth it.

I have $1000-$1200 in it with the base cost of the gun, maybe more. Mods were done over 3+ years but it was down from last February until this past November. It ran just fine stock but I started putting in new barrels, new springs, a gate mosfet and so on and so forth. All those expensive parts just ended up not getting along. Then I started buying more parts hoping to fix reliability problems. added a Maxx hopup, the a warhead motor.

Again it runs great now but if I had to do it again I would have left it stock and saved all those upgrades towards getting into an HPA gun, specifically a MTW. I would have saved myself a lot of money and a huge headache.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Earax:
My Krytac runs like a laser now and is fantastic but the amount of time, money, frustration and effort getting it to where it is now is absolutely not worth it.

I have $1000-$1200 in it with the base cost of the gun, maybe more. Mods were done over 3+ years but it was down from last February until this past November. It ran just fine stock but I started putting in new barrels, new springs, a gate mosfet and so on and so forth. All those expensive parts just ended up not getting along. Then I started buying more parts hoping to fix reliability problems. added a Maxx hopup, the a warhead motor.

Again it runs great now but if I had to do it again I would have left it stock and saved all those upgrades towards getting into an HPA gun, specifically a MTW. I would have saved myself a lot of money and a huge headache.
View Quote
I'll give you tree fiddy or send your build list.

Emailed Ryan at Phatco and it's $900 for the Tier 1 build which is $1300 total.  Trying to decide as that's a stupid amount of money for a gun that shoots plastic BBs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#34]
My phatco 416 worth every penny. Runs like a dream don't have to mess with it and I can out distant snipers. Been playing since 2001 used every kinda of gun out there and this one has been the best even better than my umbrella armory one.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#35]
That is sweet.  On cost.  That's up to you.  But I want a replica that mimics RS as close as possible.  Fuck the cost.  If I spend most of my time training in patrolling skills then that is the rifle I will invest in.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Diz:
That is sweet.  On cost.  That's up to you.  But I want a replica that mimics RS as close as possible.  Fuck the cost.  If I spend most of my time training in patrolling skills then that is the rifle I will invest in.  
View Quote

What did you end up getting? I've been playing with Tokyo Marui MWS for 8 or 9 years and it's been good to me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:
I don't know much about the different offerings; I just buy whatever is most expensive.

But as far as events, check out American Milsim too. They have 2 big games in Texas every year. Fort Hood MOUT site game in December.
View Quote

Are you sure it's December?  We have our annual WWII vehicle event there every October and usually see the Milsim/airsofters at one of the larger MOUT sites every year.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Started airsoft at an indoor field early this year...was crazy fun, ended up pickup a Krytac and recently a KJW.  Have nothing to compare them to, but the Krytac is running really well so far.
Have only just started testing the KJW, seems like it's decent as well!

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By svt40:

Are you sure it's December?  We have our annual WWII vehicle event there every October and usually see the Milsim/airsofters at one of the larger MOUT sites every year.
View Quote

Thirdcoast Airsoft has done Operation Starburst at Hood in October in the past but this year it was in March. American Milsim does "Reindeer Games" at Hood in early December / late November every year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top