Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 2/17/2023 12:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CleverNickname]
I just bought a Fightlite MCR.

1. Is there any issue running an MCR with a Vltor A5 receiver extension?  My M16 currently has an A5 on it.
2. Does anyone make an M27 linking machine, and actually have it in stock ready to sell?  The only one I've found is the Gunlab E-Z Link at MGW and since I bookmarked it last year it's never been listed as in stock.
3. The Aimpoint Duty RDS looks like a good sight to use on the MCR: small-ish so it doesn't get in the way as much when flipping up the topcover, and it appears to be about the right height.  Has anyone used an Aimpoint Duty RDS on their MCR, or have a better suggestion?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:
I just bought a Fightlite MCR.

1. Is there any issue running an MCR with a Vltor A5 receiver extension?  My M16 currently has an A5 on it.
View Quote
I run an A5 on all my M16 configurations.  If any configuration requires a carbine extension you can always add a spacer.
Video of my Shrike running an A5, Kynshot RB5007 and Tubb 308 spring:
Cyclic rate under 600RPM.  
Note that this won't work with steel cased ammo and some brass cased ammo that isn't US domestic as they seem to be a little fatter.  
However, if you stretch/lube the links the ammo probably will work, but I never stretch or lube links.
Gen1 Shrike M855 308Tubb A5 KynshotRB5007

2. Does anyone make an M27 linking machine, and actually have it in stock ready to sell?  The only one I've found is the Gunlab E-Z Link at MGW and since I bookmarked it last year it's never been listed as in stock.
View Quote
I have a linker but never use it since I use used links and if one is bent and you are shoving a bunch of rounds into links at the same time, you won't know which one is bent.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone make a BAD lever-style bolt catch that will function with an MCR?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:44:31 AM EDT
[#3]
No, there is no out of the box BAD level. However you can make your own. I took a Phase 5 and cut it down. Added some JB Weld to the openings to give it more rigidity. Seems to work great.

I also hand load my links. More of being cheap than worrying about bent links.

BTW I do make the MCR inserts. The new feed trays are typically work just fine but over time they can wear. The insert helps guide the round into the chamber.
If you think you need one, or want more information about it, let me know.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Does anyone make a BAD lever-style bolt catch that will function with an MCR?
View Quote
I've always liked the PDQ but not an option for those w/ RR's unless you want to cut your lower.
That said, I like this: https://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=2621227&tl=Final-form-complete-MCR-80-percent-lower-with-nutsac-attachment

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is what I'm talking about.. No mod needed to receiver...

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ryo:
Here is what I'm talking about.. No mod needed to receiver...

https://i.imgur.com/LiZVfog.jpeg
View Quote

Thanks for the photo.  My M16 had a Phase 5 lever on it before I got the MCR, so it won't really cost me anything to perform some surgery on it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:11:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TyrannyOfTheMinority] [#7]

Where did that thread get moved to??  The “moved” link just takes me to the General Forum.

Disregard. Understand now that the thread was closed. Unfortunate.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TyrannyOfTheMinority:
Where did that thread get moved to??  The “moved” link just takes me to the General Forum.

Disregard. Understand now that the thread was closed. Unfortunate.
View Quote

Took me a minute to figure that out too.

At least I got an 80% lower ordered
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Received my 80%’s yesterday. Very nice.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ryo:
No, there is no out of the box BAD level. However you can make your own. I took a Phase 5 and cut it down. Added some JB Weld to the openings to give it more rigidity. Seems to work great.
View Quote

How did you fill the openings with JB Weld but not get the JB Weld to stick to anything other than the lever?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#11]
2. Do you have kids?  Free linking machines.

3. I use an eotech exps3 and plenty of room to flip open and stops before eotech hits anything

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#12]

How did you fill the openings with JB Weld but not get the JB Weld to stick to anything other than the lever?
View Quote

Different ways.. Put a wax or something would work.. But I just used tape. Tape the outer side and fill it up. File the rest of the mess.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#13]
https://imgur.com/a/sS14rak

I had this made by Chase at Suppressor Tools. I sent him the Fightlite extended bolt catch and he designed a BAD lever for it and had somebody else 3D print and Cerakote it. After a bit of filing for fitment it works perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 12:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FF208] [#14]
My MCR is on a dedicated lower with a Magpul PRS Lite. It runs OK. I think it is just stock A5 with an Springco orange.

I run an Aimpoint CompM5s. It does not get in the way.

@Ryo, can I get some info on the inserts?

Edit: It is on a dedicated lower. I cut the magwell off right below the magazine catch. The nut sack dangles 1.25" less and I can still run magazines.

Mine is just faux-auto. It is still a hit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 3:14:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryo] [#15]
Originally Posted By FF208:
@Ryo, can I get some info on the inserts?
View Quote

Sorry for the late reply.
Here's my post of it.
https://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27576-wts-shrike-mcr-feed-guide-insert/

It is basically a bullet guide to help center the round to avoid the bullet or brass neck from contacting the feed ramp.

Typically the new steel feedtray has no issues but the edges can wear down over time making it less effective. So far I have gotten positive responses from some people who did have issues.

Originally I was going to clone the original but I took measurements, tested the design and correct the mistake. Think I have over 50 designs, I learned from each iteration, and retuned it with improvements until where I have it now.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top